Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Limit 1 Free Set per VIP Account?

2»

Comments

• CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Clearly enforcement isn't 100%. I bought Fairground Mixer online, then Ecto 1 and the new Castle minifig sets at Westfield London and got another. Seems like a way to irritate your most loyal customers. If they tried this with me, I'd just get another card and register it to one of my other homes.
    bobabricks
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Then after that, you wonder why you as a loyal customer and fan would have to go to such lengths. TLG sure does know to drum up goodwill with their recent policies.
  • iluvmyelementiluvmyelement Member Posts: 52
    Has anyone placed multiple orders this time around and received more than one balloon set?
  • tefarreltefarrel Member Posts: 49
    2 orders on June 1st, 1 order placed on June 5th, after the rewards points cleared. I already have 2 and I just got the confirmation email that the 3rd is on the way.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098

My wife and I just got home from the Lego Store where she picked up the Fairground Mixer and I picked up some of the new Marvel sets to go over $75. We used the same VIP card but did seperate transactions on different cards. She got the Balloon Cart but they would not give me once as they said it's "1 per VIP account." Is this new? We've always split up orders and had no trouble getting multiple free items, they were quite rude about it so I wasn't going to push the issue. Sorry I made a new topic, but I wasn't sure where it should go. Thanks!

St. Louis Lego store right? I think I might know the employee that you dealt with. He was kind of abrasive when I asked about using VIP points a couple of months back. Overall the employees are good at this store and they probably deal with low wages and screaming kids all day.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,625
    ^ I know everyone has their short comings. If you apply for a job and are offered one at a specific pay rate and you accept it. You are now obligated to perform your job to the satisfaction of the customer regardless. If you have to use excuses why you aren't doing it properly, quit and go get another one.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Actually it was Tysons Corner in VA, I moved about a couple years ago to DC because of my wife's job. She suggested taking the receipt back another day and tell them they did not give me the set, but I kind of don't want to deal with the hassel.

Also, I agree with the comment above me about accepting a job, and I was thinking about the burger flippers asking for $15/hr when I got a completely wrong order today. Seems to happen over half the time I grab fast food. Why should they get $15/hr if they can't do their jobs right? I know if I messed up once at my job I'd get quite a reprimand and possibly be out of a job. That seems like one job where you can screw up constantly.

Sorry, totally off topic and not trying to start a revolt.
    madforLEGO
  • asksolasksol Member Posts: 101
    I usually ask for 2 promos at the Lego Store if I buy something that is more than twice the value of the spend threshold, and if I buy something very expensive like the Death Star I expect it really. If they can only give out one they have always told me it's because they're running low, and I respect that. The lucky times they'll say "I'll give you a few..." :)

I spend a considerable amount of my income at the Lego Store, and many of them greet me by name. I would definitely spend less at the LS if a "one per household" limit is enforced. Also I have never sold any of the promos I have acquired there (but I may trade them for other sets or parts that I want).
    VaderX
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    You spend a considerable amount of your income at the Lego store?
    Pitfall69
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,092

My thoughts exactly.
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446
    oldtodd33 said:

^ I know everyone has their short comings. If you apply for a job and are offered one at a specific pay rate and you accept it. You are now obligated to perform your job to the satisfaction of the customer regardless. If you have to use excuses why you aren't doing it properly, quit and go get another one.

I didn't want to delve into this, but it was given as a reason to be "abrasive" at a Lego Brand Store.

I've been working since I was 15. I have had jobs cleaning toilets, mowing lawns, working in 110 degree warehouses. Most of my jobs dealt with customer service. No matter how much I hated my job, I never took it out on the customers. If a customer was a jerk (and there are plenty) I just wouldn't go "above and beyond" to help them. With that said, I don't know this persons circumstances. Maybe the store manager scolded him for not enforcing the limit. Who knows, but there is no reason to treat a customer like crap.

Obviously, the limits are not being enforced at the brand stores or online. I don't mind putting a limit on something, but I don't think it is fair to pick and choose who gets more than one poly or exclusive.
    1265 said:

My thoughts exactly.
    Define "considerable"? 27%?

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,189
    The San Diego Lego store still had them available as of last night. Remember the promo runs through the 15th.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Your stores sound kind of harsh with this limit, my store has no enforcement on this, they really just want you to walk away a happy customer. I remember when they ran out of Martian man hunter polys they gave me a hoth Han and ewars acro fighter instead and another time they gave me robin and man bat from the display they just took down with out me even asking, just out of the blue, I'm just happy with the good service at that location :)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,297
    Bought a modular on the 13th and I asked if they still had the Balloon cart. He said "Yeah, in fact, you get two with this purchase." I guess because it was 2x $75. Certainly wasn't going to argue. They came out of a fresh box so they still had quite a few left for the final days of the promo.
    bobabricks
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2014
    In case anyone is interested, even though the promotion was through June 15th, I ordered something from [email protected] on the 20th and the balloon cart was added and received. Apparently "while supplies last" works in our favor in this case. It still adds to cart just now also.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    ^I had also thought this deal was through 6/15. I love the balloon set, but the Mixer is still not doing it for me. Because the deal was ending, and I had nothing to buy I utilized a reseller on Amazon and bought a balloon set.

This afternoon, though, I received an email from Lego titled

LAST CHANCE! Get your Exclusive Balloon Cart while supplies last

The email says it ends this week.

If I follow the link, it says through 6/22.

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    The store calendar stated the promotion ran until 6/15. The US [email protected] website had 6/22 listed as far back as 6/10. The reason I know is because I was preparing the Fairground Mixer review and kept checking daily to make sure I was correct if I wrote that the Balloon Cart was still available. After 6/15, the banner on the website went away (perhaps triggered automatically and never adjusted) but it continues to be added to this day.

I also checked some other locales, and interestingly, the UK [email protected] site lists the promotion until 6/30.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337

In case anyone is interested, even though the promotion was through June 15th, I ordered something from [email protected] on the 20th and the balloon cart was added and received. Apparently "while supplies last" works in our favor in this case. It still adds to cart just now also.

It has been bumped to 6/27 for the USA. Normally resellers would have cleaned them out quickly but alot of them are banned or afraid of being banned so they buy elsewhere. You may have noticed GE selling out very quickly everywhere but [email protected]
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    I got one more balloon cart in store on 6/22/14.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 372
    I just got a ballon cart yesterday at down town Disney Lego store.