Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

UCS Batman Tumbler

Comments

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 537
    edited May 2014
    The UCS Batmobile also perfectly fits the Batman figures from Batman: The Animated Series. That makes the old one extra cool.

But a new version, where the steering wheel turns the wheels (rather than opening the hood) would make it slightly more playable. Here's hoping for a new one to be a great one (assuming they make one)!
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    http://brickset.com/sets/76023-1/{UCS-set} has just appeared in the SH Sets list. Its a DC one so could it be the Tumbler?
    TXLegoguy
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    where did that come from!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    Fingers crossed it is a Tumbler, but I would be happy with just about any Batmobile in UCS form.

Actually any DC model of UCS scale would be welcome!
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

Fingers crossed it is a Tumbler, but I would be happy with just about any Batmobile in UCS form.

@CapnRex101 - Exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if I should keep going with my project then?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Superheroes UCS!?! Wow, can't wait to see. Excited with all the possibilities.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,390
    My lips are sealed...
    LegoboyDrmnez
    @Huw - If only I lived a little closer to you and had a bottle of tequila or something...

:oP
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @Huw Is it the new Batmobile from upcoming Batman v Superman? Just wink if 'yes'
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    edited May 2014
    ^ @BrickDancer, Yes Please!!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    @Huw - I have had just about enough of your moral fibre! :o)
    GothamConstructionCo
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,390
    edited May 2014
    @rancorbait, a bottle of 25yo Highland Park and I'll tell you anything you want to hear :-)
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
    @huw this is torture, a hint?
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    What else can be UCS in DC universe? :-) .
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401
    ^Maybe it's a Batman bust like they did with the Darth Maul bust a few years ago. That would be a real bummer...
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 725

@CapnRex101 - Exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if I should keep going with my project then?
    I can take a hint, @rancorbait‌ ;-)
    rancorbait
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137

@Huw Is it the new Batmobile from upcoming Batman v Superman? Just wink if 'yes'

There is zero chance. They are saving that for 2016.

• HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    Would a Catwoman bust be better than a Batman bust?
    It would appear @Huw is keeping tight lipped, surely as the set has been added to the database, the wait is nearly over
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    ^£5.99 ... BARGAIN!
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    According to the description:
    "Features a removable, super-twisty straw"

The Tumbler apparently also substitutes for a cup. Looking forward to taking my coffee in this to work every morning. Genius LEGO, genius.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I'm guessing the UCS set gets revealed at Comic Con. New store calendar hints at a set reveal at Comic Con.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    nerick906 said:
    Well played......well played....

I'm kind of hoping that it's The LEGO Movie Batmobile. I don't really like the Tumbler all that much.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    edited June 2014
    I just shelled out for a reasonably priced 10179, but if there was a UCS Tumbler (from Nolan's trilogy) I'd need it to compliment my collection :)
    nerick906 said:
    "Is it available in black?"
    StormKittyprevere
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    ^ "Or very, very dark grey." :-)
    StormKittyprevereDaragh
    Brickpicker "confirms" that this set will be $199.99...

Brickpicker "confirms" that this set will be $199.99...

£139.99-£179.99 in the UK, I'm still curious which one it's modeled after; it could be The Dark Knight Tumbler or it could be the Batman V Superman (2016) Batmobile, maybe it's too early for that. The Dark Knight would have made sense in 2012 not this year. who knows, we will have to wait and see...
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    I think it would make more sense to be modeled after the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight game. The game is coming out this year and the Batmobile had been shown in gameplay.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I can't see this being modeled after the tumbler, because those movies are done and (years) in the past. That universe is different from Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice.

I also can't see it being modeled after Arkham Knight, which is one (and apparently the last) installment of a video game series.

I also can't see this being from Dawn of Justice, because it's too far out.

I also can't see this being the Batmobile from the 1960's Batman TV series, regardless of how incredibly awesome that would be.

Basically, I can't see anything!
    AdzbadboyDad
    There is a set Marcos Bessa has designed which is going be released in October 2014; could this be it's release date?

http://marcosbessa28.wix.com/vintoito#!lego/ctd5
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,791
    Adzbadboy said:

There is a set Marcos Bessa has designed which is going be released in October 2014; could this be it's release date?

http://marcosbessa28.wix.com/vintoito#!lego/ctd5

Considering his amazing track record with licensed sets, I certainly wouldn't complain if it is!
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248

I can't see this being modeled after the tumbler, because those movies are done and (years) in the past. That universe is different from Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice.

I also can't see it being modeled after Arkham Knight, which is one (and apparently the last) installment of a video game series.

I also can't see this being the Batmobile from the 1960's Batman TV series, regardless of how incredibly awesome that would be.

Batmobile from The LEGO Movie? But $200 sounds like a lot for that.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ agreed. Based on its size in the pictures of it I would guess that would be more like a $100 set. Plus I wouldn't they'd do a UCS from the LEGO movie.
    While I would like a TLM batmobile, I think I would be very disappointed that LEGO didn't take three opportunity to release a tumbler or a 1966 batmobile.
    Adzbadboy

Batmobile from The LEGO Movie? But $200 sounds like a lot for that.
    No.
    No. The Lego Movie Batmobile looks bad; It wouldn't make sense to release another D2C The Lego Movie set. I believe it should be a remake of the #7784 but at this rate it rather be based off Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. This years is the 75 anniversary of Batman; It also makes sense to release based off the comics.
    even if The Lego Movie Batmobile looked cool no way is there that it will be instantly recognisable...I can't picture it in my head right now, so it really wouldn't hit the UCS market. I think similar for Arkham Knight, it'll be very hard to be instantly recognisable to a game franchise. I think the Tumbler has the most in it's favour at the minute, but if a lot of shots of the Dawn of Justice Batmobile get released it has a small chance of being that, but still pretty unlikely.
    I'd love for it to be a 60's Batmobile complete with Adam West & Burt Wards Batman, Robin, Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Alan Napier's Alfred and Caser Romero's Joker - Even if it's much larger than mini figure scale, just because I want those figures! :-P I don't ever see it happening though, Maybe a 60's Batmobile but not with the minifigs, and I only see that as an outside shot because DC are really pushing Batman '66 stuff at the minute, by the time this comes out though, they'll have probably moved on.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^ How dare you omit Julie Newmar!
    I was going to, along with Frank Gorshin and Neil Hamilton and many many more but it was a stupidly long list as it was! :-P
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238

Unfortunately (being I'm very obsessively following the game) it most likely wouldn't be from Arkham Knight as its been recently delayed to 2015. Otherwise it would have been released on 10/31/14 and the Marcos Bessa October release would have made more sense.
    ^Shots of the arkham knight Batmobile don't look like it's going to be something that anyone who hasn't played the game would recognise as a Batmobile either, I know the same could be said of the tumbler, but the tumbler is much higher profile.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Maybe it's not a UCS Batmobile, but a D2C set featuring the classic one we saw? I'd definitely prefer that.
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    It being delayed is actually good news. That gives it a better chance at having a system scale set in 2015. $50-60 should be able to do it justice.
    Just give me Batman in his black Arkham Batsuit with leg and arm armor printing as well as the new Arkham Knight character with a new helmet mold.

Unfortunately (being I'm very obsessively following the game) it most likely wouldn't be from Arkham Knight as its been recently delayed to 2015. Otherwise it would have been released on 10/31/14 and the Marcos Bessa October release would have made more sense.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    Shib said:

^Shots of the arkham knight Batmobile don't look like it's going to be something that anyone who hasn't played the game would recognise as a Batmobile either, I know the same could be said of the tumbler, but the tumbler is much higher profile.

The somewhat tank-like design of the AK Batmobile does kind of resemble the Tumbler as well!
    ^definately. As much as I'm sure that fans of the game series would love it I just can't imagine anyone else looking at a picture of it and thinking it's definitely a Batmobile, just a black armoured car.
  • sschmotzsschmotz Member Posts: 25
    So here's the first pic of the next Batmobile. I hope this isn't the upcoming UCS set.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    I'd be really surprised if they gave the UCS treatment to something that wasn't already iconic. The tumbler may be past its "free advertising" period by being way after the movies but the movies did well, the tumbler is really cool and recognizable and would look good in a large detailed set. I'm guessing the name is correct and it will actually be a Tumbler and not any other incarnation.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    edited June 2014
    Batman:Arkham Knight Video Game...now postponed to 1st qrt.2015