Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rumoured CMF S12 list

Comments

• NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    The comparisons to #30227 are not really fair when you realize that polybag has yet another policeman and criminal (still running around in his prison outfit like the rest).

I don't like the price increase either, but it's still better than having to buy a big expensive set just to get a particularly unique minifig. We all know LEGO will often try to put the most desirable minifigs in the largest sets of many themes.
    ShibbobabricksLostInTranslationcarlq
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I wouldn't mind a green 'wizard' of sorts, kinda' emerald coloured. (Then it's just a lion, a tin man, and a kansas farm girl to go). :o)
    bobabrickscarlq
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    @legomatt For the lion I found that gloin's hair piece on a chima lion head kind of works :)
    carlq
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    NeilJam said:

The comparisons to #30227 are not really fair when you realize that polybag has yet another policeman and criminal (still running around in his prison outfit like the rest).

Compare it to something else, then. #75034 is licensed, includes four minifigures not available in other sets, and has one new mold unique to the set. Disregarding entirely the other pieces in the set, the minifigures cost $3.25 each.
    TheLoneTensor
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792

@legomatt For the lion I found that gloin's hair piece on a chima lion head kind of works :)

Or alternatively, the Mayor of Fabuland works quite well too...;-)

Bumblepantsbobabricksandhe
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    heck, even #75028 has a new helmet mold, leg mold, and about 11 elements in less than 50 sets total for $9.99...and it's licensed.

It's just a sad thing to add a "TRU" tax by the TLG. Once buying a full set of 16 at 3.99, you basically lose out on buying 5 more CMFs at the same price they used to be.

30% less CMFs for the same price. Blah.

I do like the (potential) lineup though :P
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    My thoughts exactly.
    tamamahm said:

oldtodd33 said:

I don't think you will find too many AFOL's getting serious with a Lego MMO. I also don't think you will get too many serious gamers playing a Lego MMO, it's not violent enough and probably too childish, if that's the right word. So all you'll have left are the casual buyers doing impulse purchases. I could be wrong though, who knows.

A serious question though is. What is the advantage for them to raise the price but only make half of what they used to? It seems to me they would be better off selling more cheaper to get people excited to buy a larger Lego set. When they see the price they will just think Lego is too expensive and go for a cheaper brand instead.

First, do we really think that a majority of the CMF sales are coming from AFOLs and gamers? I would assume a very large portion of the sales are coming from kids. They would be the ones interested in a kids online game.

Second, Lego would not be doing this if they thought they were going to only get 1/2 the sales. They are going to advertise this as an MMO. What kid is not going to want to try being a Lego character after seeing the Lego movie.

If the game is good enough, they will get a huge boost from kids, because $4 is far cheaper than things like Skylanders or Disney infinity characters.

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,506
    tamamahm said:

oldtodd33 said:

I don't think you will find too many AFOL's getting serious with a Lego MMO. I also don't think you will get too many serious gamers playing a Lego MMO, it's not violent enough and probably too childish, if that's the right word. So all you'll have left are the casual buyers doing impulse purchases. I could be wrong though, who knows.

A serious question though is. What is the advantage for them to raise the price but only make half of what they used to? It seems to me they would be better off selling more cheaper to get people excited to buy a larger Lego set. When they see the price they will just think Lego is too expensive and go for a cheaper brand instead.

First, do we really think that a majority of the CMF sales are coming from AFOLs and gamers? I would assume a very large portion of the sales are coming from kids. They would be the ones interested in a kids online game.

I don't think any of the cmf sales are coming from gamers (and won't ever) and most are not coming from AFOL's. But raising the price to 3.99 to pay for the MMO development and letting sales from AFOL's go down won't work very well. I also don't think too many kids are going to buy a $4 fig to get a code unless the codes are specific to the pack they open instead of given to friends to use also. Which would be possible to do.

Second, Lego would not be doing this if they thought they were going to only get 1/2 the sales. They are going to advertise this as an MMO. What kid is not going to want to try being a Lego character after seeing the Lego movie.

Raising the price of a product to make the same amount of money with half the sales is a business strategy in some fields. I just wondered if they might be doing that.
    Beyond that, I wonder how many kids are going to play the game on a regular basis. I listen to my kids when they tell me what their friends have and it isn't Lego games they play. My son is 13 and most of his friends have Playstations and Xbox systems and have been playing games like Black Ops and World of Warcraft for years. They don't play Lego anything anymore. Kids from my youngest childs age group (10) still play Lego video games.

If the game is good enough, they will get a huge boost from kids, because $4 is far cheaper than things like Skylanders or Disney infinity characters.

If the game is good is right, their last attempt was a total flop. I will wait and see what happens this time. I think that by failing the first time and trying again, Lego has admitted that they will eventually loose out to video games and are trying to make a transition to something that will make money in the future. Not right now, but eventually.

I don't think any of the cmf sales are coming from gamers (and won't ever) and most are not coming from AFOL's.
    That is a bold statement to make. Gamers is a generic term. Hardcore gamers, most likely not. Funcom has a target audience in mind though.
    ut raising the price to 3.99 to pay for the MMO development and letting sales from AFOL's go down won't work very well.
    The deal between Funcom and LEGO is a license. Which means Funcom is licensing the IP from LEGO. In this case Funcom is paying the development cost but is also it going to get the majority of the income from the game.

Also sales from AFOLs going down is pure unfounded speculation. AFOLs are adults and have real jobs and make real money so an extra buck is nothing to the majority.
    If the game is good is right, their last attempt was a total flop.
    If you mean LEGO Universe, than no it wasn't a flop. It had 2 million active players, which isn't bad considering the slow start it had and all the delays. The games originality and charm was incredible, one of the best original creations by TLG. I like to think The LEGO Movie as LEGO Universe's spiritual successor.
    Beyond that, I wonder how many kids are going to play the game on a regular basis.
    Well lets look at Skylanders, that is a billion dollar franchise in its own right. The market potential is there LEGO and Funcom just need to get it right and if they do, then they will have huge hit on there hands.

• SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 571
    legomatt said:

I wouldn't mind a green 'wizard' of sorts, kinda' emerald coloured. (Then it's just a lion, a tin man, and a kansas farm girl to go). :o)

and a little dog too! (non-Friends-ified)
    carlqlegomatt
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,506

If you mean LEGO Universe, than no it wasn't a flop. It had 2 million active players, which isn't bad considering the slow start it had and all the delays. The games originality and charm was incredible, one of the best original creations by TLG. I like to think The LEGO Movie as LEGO Universe's spiritual successor.

If it wasn't a flop, it would still be going. From what I remember, it was bleeding money. If it doesn't make money, no matter how many subscribers it has, it is a flop.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    oldtodd33 said:

If it wasn't a flop, it would still be going. From what I remember, it was bleeding money. If it doesn't make money, no matter how many subscribers it has, it is a flop.

Problem is they didn't give the poor thing a chance to survive! They put in YEARS of effort and time and money into it but then gave it less than a 2 years chance with almost no advertising(I only remember it being in the mag, catalog, and some set boxes as a little symbol) and no physical sets not including those preorder things(any idea how much potential that would of been right there)!

Plus there's bugs and issues that really should of been worked out in the game! I only played on FTP mode(give me a break, I had full intents of getting a membership but I had other expenses and by the time I had the funds for a card, the announcement it was being shut down had been made) but I remember more then one case of me trying to get somewhere and i'd hit a little bump or something and get completely turned around.

Then on top of that, unless I missed something, if you wanted to get from the bottom of the construction site thingy up to the mall thingy where you could go to your property and shop and go to other areas, you had to take the LONG way up of navigating the path up there via the thingy being built if you were a FTP person and one bad slip and down you went. it was a pretty big turn off since i'd go up to the top of the area to shop and check for the occasional mission then after i'd be finished, I'd have to jump down, do what's needed, then trek ALLLLLLLLLLLL the way back up again. Yes, i'll admit that it was fun to do ONCE IN A WHILE with the climbing up the long way path but I don't find it fun when I had to do it an average of 2 or 3 times per game session.
    I think Lego should have done more advertising with the universe game through sets, I still to this day want a minifig of dr. Overbuild (if anybody knows a website selling a custom of him tell me :P)
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    They struggled mightily with this game. I remember them giving out free copies w/ purchases to get people to play
    edited May 2014
    I agree, it wasn't a flop regarding game content, development and originality.

They spent nearly 5 years developing it and the budget was over 30 million IIRC.

The biggest problem was not many subscription based games have ever done well historically, let alone one aimed at children.
    They shut it down because it wasn't performing to their "expectations" with the target audience. LEGO was very vague about the closure anyway.

A former LEGO Universe Dev has this to say about LEGO Universe:

" It’s funny, because by a lot of objective measures it’s been extremely successful: stable service, fantastic public opinion (once we added enough content), a healthy base of free players (over two million, LEGO just publicized), and a growing base of paying players who were dedicated and deeply invested in the game. We had a seasoned and motivated dev team, and a parent company with the financial stability to ride out those first couple of years that every MMO needs to gain traction and reach profitability. From a product standpoint, we in a great position, and lots of companies would have killed for our numbers. In the right hands, LEGO Universe was (and still would be) an absolute gold mine waiting to be tapped."

"My job was a lot more about thinking about marketing rather than content, so my changes would all have been to the delivery model. If I could go back in time and dictate release policy, LEGO Universe would have been free-to-play from the start, available by download only, with immediate in-browser character creation to keep players engaged during the download, and supported by microtransactions rather than a last-generation subscription model. Our single most painful obstacle was that it was very, very difficult to explain to non-gamer parents why they had to keep paying money every month for a game that they’d already purchased in physical form."

Nailed it. Looks like Funcom took a few lessons from it.

On a related note, I would have loved some Lego Universe sets. The Castle and Sci-Fi and Adventure aspects like figs and locations would have been amazing to get in real sets.
    If they unlocked in game content, that would have been years ahead of its time.

oldtodd33 said:

Problem is they didn't give the poor thing a chance to survive! They put in YEARS of effort and time and money into it but then gave it less than a 2 years chance with almost no advertising(I only remember it being in the mag, catalog, and some set boxes as a little symbol) and no physical sets not including those preorder things(any idea how much potential that would of been right there)!

Plus there's bugs and issues that really should of been worked out in the game! I only played on FTP mode(give me a break, I had full intents of getting a membership but I had other expenses and by the time I had the funds for a card, the announcement it was being shut down had been made) but I remember more then one case of me trying to get somewhere and i'd hit a little bump or something and get completely turned around.

Then on top of that, unless I missed something, if you wanted to get from the bottom of the construction site thingy up to the mall thingy where you could go to your property and shop and go to other areas, you had to take the LONG way up of navigating the path up there via the thingy being built if you were a FTP person and one bad slip and down you went. it was a pretty big turn off since i'd go up to the top of the area to shop and check for the occasional mission then after i'd be finished, I'd have to jump down, do what's needed, then trek ALLLLLLLLLLLL the way back up again. Yes, i'll admit that it was fun to do ONCE IN A WHILE with the climbing up the long way path but I don't find it fun when I had to do it an average of 2 or 3 times per game session.
  • magrimagri UKMember Posts: 157
    From a Japanese catologue:

edited May 2014
    carlq said:

Or alternatively, the Mayor of Fabuland works quite well too...;-)

I actually have one of them somewhere! :o)

---

Just saw front page news of 6 of the figs. The blue wizard is ok, but it's a darn shame they didn't spot the obvious potential of an Emerald (city) Wizard to continue an OZ mini-theme. So...

Space Miner - They found a new use for the hadron collider; TLG are now firing random figs into each other. Here we have the result of a Spacetrooper smashed into a Hazmat guy.

Wizard - I like him a bit, but wish he was green. I have a blue wizard from the old castle line, but don't recall any green wizards being done before.

Dino Hunter: Of most interest to those with a complete dino theme, but too late as a minifig-based injection of interest into said theme, as it died out. Dinos seem to have a habit of doing that. Should have come with a miniature dragon/dinosaur, or egg.

Greek Goddess: Lurve it! I hope the cloth skirt works better on this one... can't they just add one more flap to those things, to tuck under, and thereby prevent 'Angelina' leg? However, if anyone's going to 'Angelina Leg' it around the p(a)lace, a goddess probably would.

Swashbuckler: Not sure about the torso (buckle on a cummerbund?). But some nice alternative colours to make a dogtanian, I mean, d'artanian, when mixed up with Musketeer figs. (Woof!) Otherwise, Errol Flynn lives... and speaking of 'flynn lives' (google it)...

Videogamer - Hmm, a bit dull. Basically the DJ again. Would have liked him to have a console, or square & sore eyes (from staring at a screen for too long), or something space-invadery/pac-manish on the t-shirt.

Looking forward to the rest now... :o)
    carlq
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    legomatt said:

Wizard - I like him a bit, but wish he was green. I have a blue wizard from the old castle line, but don't recall any green wizards being done before.

What about this Fella: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=cas509

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,690
    edited May 2014
    I find them pretty disappointing for now.

Space miner - I do not get him at all. Colours are awful and they mine in space using hand drills?

Wizard - nice enough although very similar to existing ones, I'll get one for the new hat.

Dino woman - another I do not get. Is she going to shoot the dino with an arrow, then tranquillize him with the syringe after he has been shot?

Greek Goddess - it's a nice figure. Shield is nice, as is the headpiece although of limited use due to the female hair. It's quite similar to the warrior woman from S10, although at least her you could change the hair to get a bit of variety for an army.

Swashbuckler - not too bad, but a one-off.

Video gamer - OK, two colour sleeves in CMF! Not so interesting to me as a figure, but could be useful for parts for regular city people. Although not at £2.49.

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    The 'greek goddess' looks like Wonder Woman's Amazonian sisters from the comics and shows. Good for Themascyra (sp) MOCs.
    Pitfall69AdeelZubair
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    legomatt said:

Space Miner - They found a new use for the hadron collider; TLG are now firing random figs into each other. Here we have the result of a Spacetrooper smashed into a Hazmat guy.

Videogamer - Hmm, a bit dull. Basically the DJ again. Would have liked him to have a console, or square & sore eyes (from staring at a screen for too long), or something space-invadery/pac-manish on the t-shirt.

Looking forward to the rest now... :o)

Space miner - definitely agree. Though possibly the combinations of new colours/pieces printed body/legs would be useful for MOCing/customising.

Green wizards? There were a few back in the day. There was even one set with just a green wizard, a baby dragon and something else (a cauldron or something?). Similar to the one that @Diggydoes‌ shared. Though for some reason I have any number of green wizard hats from 'Freestyle' buckets (c.2002?).

Not too impressed with this wizard, though. It's the hat, I think. I really liked the old mould. Though this one looks a lot like the one from Fantasia.

Video gamer - I like it. It's not too special, but it's a nice 'civilian'/'ordinary person'/'teenager' torso, which is a bit uncommon. I'm a bit divided about the headphones/hair piece (same as on the DJ, I presume). Part of me thinks it's a neat design, but part of me is annoyed the headphones aren't removable. The printed controller is a nice touch. Reminiscent of the SNES and it's contemporaries.

The musketeer is OK. Makes me think of Inigo from Princess Bride.

Overall, in any given series, there are only one or two which are must-haves, and a handful which are neat and the rest which are meh. This selection seems to represent that relatively well, so I guess we just wait for the rest to be revealed. That said, I haven't really been collecting CMFs because they just seem to come and go so quickly, and I can never be bothered to go out and hunt down the ones I want.
    dmy123
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Sweet. The Dino Hunter I don't really get. With the syringe, she kind of looks more like a post zombie-apocalypse survivor. Love the Greek Goddess, but bummed she has a cloth skirt.
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 242
    There was a green wizard in the Kingdoms subtheme #7955 in 2010
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,962
    LOL! Dino Hunter??? With a bow and syringe? I had no idea who she was supposed to be until people started saying Dino hunter.
    She is a bit strange, isn't she. Maybe OK to harvest as parts, especially if she has no "D" on her shirt. And another colour of short sleeves, which is good for MOC'ers.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 327
    Dino hunter looks like she could be in the hunger games.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    @messy‌
    That minifig shown on the picture is incorrect. The minifig had both a print on it's legs and pelvis, and his green hat also had a very beautiful print; a golden dragon (the sigil / coat of arms of the Dragon Knights from the Kingdoms theme).
    Mine also has a different text written on his scroll/magic spell-book. It was something like: 'you are far more powerful then you would ever imagine', including a spelling mistake, which I thought was kind of funny; powerfull with double LL.
    I actually like the new CMF blue wizard a lot.
    The Battle Goddess is my favourite though.
    I am also looking forward to finding out what these minifigs will look like:
    Jester (I hope he will sport orange and dark green colours, or purple and light green)
    Piggy Guy
    Hun Warrior
    Fairytale Princess
    Spooky Girl
    Prospector
    Genie Girl
    I think series 12 is going to be very good, and I hope that unlike series 11, it will be widely available!
    andhe
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,990
    I already shared my hopes for the wizard to be in a new colour, so whilst the printing is nice, I'm not massively keen on the 'dunce cone'. Though it seems the baddie from the online game tie-in (the castle zone at least) sports a similar hat, so I was kind of expecting it.

I'm going to reigning in my hopes for the rest until they appear online somewhere. Definitely looks like I'll be picking and choosing my favourites rather than collecting the whole set, especially at the new price.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,360
    I think the dino hunter is just a generic name they are using instead of 'Katniss Not Killing Other Kids Because This Is Lego Everdeen'
    ^
    Mmmmh that huntress doesn't look very Katniss Everdeen like to me. But then again that minifig doesn't look like a dino hunter either per sé. It is more sort of a mad as hell Rambo jungle chick. Too bad the minifig doesn't come with a matching black quiver. Apart from that it looks fine.
    Its parts will most likely make this minifig indeed also sought after for MOCs, in which case 'she' will be salvaged for her head and arms, as well as the bow.
    I wish TLG would have made her look more Katnissy, and less military 20th/21th century with that bandoleer. That way this minifig would have been better suited for mixing in with my castle/fantasy/pirate Lego collection.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the "Dino hunter" was Lara Croft from the most recent version of tomb raider
    edited June 2014
    Ones I like:

Space Miner: Awesome. I know a lot of people are disappointed he isn't a M:Tron fig but that is great for me as M:Tron and Blacktron II were nowhere near as good as Blacktron I. Hopefully they phase out those horrible red and lime green color schemes. Orange is nice and works great for Galaxy Squad as a tech or maintenance worker. However he does remind me of the Assembly Faction in Lego Universe so I think that is great too. Torso, legs, head and the new helmet have me drooling.

Warrior Goddess: Also another favorite. The torso and shield printing are incredible. Pegasus being featured makes me want a winged horse. However the spear is way too overused now, and she needs a new weapon, something mythological. Also her face expression is strange.

Swashbuckler: Great addition to the Pirate theme, he is very unique and also simple which is nice to have. His gold rapier is useful as is the hat in brown, very Errol Flynn or Stewart Granger like.

Video Gamer: This fig I like because I appreciate tech like games. His torso is great, love the rolled up sleeves and his jeans appear to have a USB drive?

Confirmed ones I am getting: Space Miner, Battle Goddess, Swashbuckler, Hun Warrior, Fairytale Princess, Pizza Delivery Man, Video Game Guy, Prospector.

Need to see first: Genie Girl, Rock Star, Lifeguard.

That would make 11 for me, the most I have ever wanted from S1-12.

Ooh, i hadn't noticed the dual-tone arms. Nice. Though, now I think about it and the many other CMFs that have had increasingly fancy arm printing, it irks me that the new Greedo doesn't have his arms printed, when the original did, or the Ghostbusters should miss their iconic shoulder patch.
    I mean, c'mon. If a pocket-money 'impulse buy' product can have arms printed, why not the figs in sets which we're paying a perceived premium for. Boo-urns! :oP
    bobabricks
    The more these have sunk in the more excited I am about series 12, I think that the movie series and the Simpsons series have given a little breathing room for the regular CMF line and allowed for a bit of new life to have been breathed into a growing stale line. I just hope they don't get carried away with the amount of series they feel they need to bring out.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ agreed. There were a few must haves in the TLM series but most were horrible bc of the whole robot element.

I had zero interest in the Simpsons tho. I bought a set and then sold them a couple of weeks later. I won't have a single Simpsons fig in my collection. That's the first time since being out of the darkness that I've skipped a CMF release all together.
    yys4u
    The dino hunter doesn't seem "exclusive" because we just got the Dino theme a couple years ago. I do like the printed cargo pants and new colors of multi-mold arms are always good.

The dino hunter doesn't seem "exclusive" because we just got the Dino theme a couple years ago. I do like the printed cargo pants and new colors of multi-mold arms are always good.

You can say that with a number of past figures (although some came out before the series) ...

Bat / Monster / Crazy Scientist - Monster Fighters
    Pirate - Pirates
    Plumber / Waiter / Mechanics / general jobs - City / Modulars
    Galaxy Patrol / Intergalactic Girl / Various Aliens - Galaxy Squad / Space / Alien Conquest
    etc
    Shibbobabricks
    ^I actually think it's a good thing having links to themes as well, means they 'go with' more minifigures/sets and mean more potential for increased MOC/adding to existing sets.
    edited June 2014
    Yes, definitely.

The ones that stand out as not having a theme are the historical ones. If only they produced a series with some nice armour torsos and some of the Roman shields and helmets in ...
    Lego really is crying out for more historical themes. The latest castle offerings were pretty lacklustre, and there hasn't been a Vikings theme since I've come out of Dark ages. I know a new Pirate theme is on the horizon but theres much more that could be done.
    I'd love a Romans them, an ancient Greeks theme, an Egyptian theme (I don't count the Pharaoh's Quest theme because it's more 1920/30's explorers than actual egyptian), Japanese Edo era among others - particularly if they included mythology. And a lot of these are referenced in the CMFs
    TheBigLegoski
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited June 2014
    Shib said:

Lego really is crying out for more historical themes. The latest castle offerings were pretty lacklustre, and there hasn't been a Vikings theme since I've come out of Dark ages. I know a new Pirate theme is on the horizon but theres much more that could be done.
    I'd love a Romans them, an ancient Greeks theme, an Egyptian theme (I don't count the Pharaoh's Quest theme because it's more 1920/30's explorers than actual egyptian), Japanese Edo era among others - particularly if they included mythology. And a lot of these are referenced in the CMFs

^This. And not just because I'm a history student. ;-)

Lego has always been pretty good for historical themes/MOCing, even if indirectly, but less so recently. For example, aside from obvious ones like Castle, Pirates, etc, PoP gave us parts that could be used for almost any Middle-Eastern type historical MOC, Lone Ranger gave us US cavalrymen, and going farther back, Adventurers gave us Egyptians, castle gave us (relatively accurate) feudal Japan. Not to mention all the great historical CMFs. But there's not much good at the moment.
    ^ I find it particularly annoying because of the way TLG represents themselves, having a couple of possible educational use history themes on the go would really help with their "Lego is a good, wholesome toy for kids" sales spiel while also giving something to the AFOLs who have been crying out for the historical themes for ages.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,557
    Agree with the comments above. I recently picked up a Playmobil catalogue in my local independent toy shop as my youngest nephew has just got into it :-( but I was so impressed with the diversity of themes they do, including historical. There's even a freaking Playmobil colosseum with chariots! Now that's cool.
    Even as a non - religious person, I also liked that they did a nativity and Noah's ark set. And 5 different advent calendars!! They really want to have something that appeals to everyone.

That said, on my brother's advice, I ended up getting a police car/speed boat for my nephew's birthday...
    pharmjod
    ^ Yeah, not only do they do for example Roman soldiers, but they do a number of different legions too.

And going down the educational route too, they could really do with a decent letter tiles set, 1x1 tiles of different colours printed with letters.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ Can't help on the different colors but there are black tiles with white text available now with the business card set, which happens to be on clearance right now.
    ^ Yeah, I know there is the business card set, but it would be nice to have some variety in colours. I know there was also the notebook, but to have letter tiles as a set would be great.

I guess the argument against is that different languages have different frequency of use for letters.
    Stuff like that doesn't bother me too much because i'm in the very fortunate position of being able to make my own vinyl stickers.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598

The 'greek goddess' looks like Wonder Woman's Amazonian sisters from the comics and shows. Good for Themascyra (sp) MOCs.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it too. Great to have a bunch to hang out w/ Wonder Woman

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Shib said:

^I actually think it's a good thing having links to themes as well, means they 'go with' more minifigures/sets and mean more potential for increased MOC/adding to existing sets.

I feel the same, especially with figs that round out the modulars like the house painter & barista and also the Monster Fighter supplements (witch, fortune teller, Jekyll/Hyde, etc.).
    jasor