Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Bought Benny's Spaceship from the Cardiff Brand Store today. SPACESHIP.
    rancorbaitcarlqCapnRex101Jenni
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I am still waiting for parcels, but the postie has completely ignored our house for the last two days and just driven past. So no Bricklink parcels *sob*

I have so wanted to hurry and finish my Green Grocer Bricklink order, but life has been getting in the way and I haven't had time to myself....so I am latch hooking a rug while I am waiting. At least it's productive lol
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2014

I am waiting for parcels, but the postie has ignored our house for two days and just driven past.

Could this be defined as foreplay? :oP

I haven't had time to myself... so I am latch hooking a rug while I wait.

I spoke too soon! ;oP
    legomatt said:

I am waiting for parcels, but the postie has ignored our house for two days and just driven past.

Could this be defined as foreplay? :oP

I haven't had time to myself... so I am latch hooking a rug while I wait.

I spoke too soon! ;oP
    Ha ha ha. I went looking for a boxed unit with drawers in my hardware store today, but all they had was a cheap brittle plastic thing that cost $6 for one little drawer and $10 for a slightly larger drawer each. So I ended up buying sealed, stackable clear containers $2.50 for 2, to place my larger spare Lego pieces in. I will label them so they are at least out the way.

Now back to the Latch Hooking lol.
  • arl100arl100 Member Posts: 35
    Expecting the final parts for my custom Market Street...the joy of waiting.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Nice! I think you'd have a good chance at "MOC of the week" in builders guild thread... ;o)
    GothamConstructionCo
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    edited May 2014

Had a crack at building a mosaic today.......

I did that for a month with a LEGO Certified Professional, and my fingers were in pain for many days.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    Found out that k'nex is no where near as fun to build as Lego!
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030

Nice! I think you'd have a good chance at "MOC of the week" in builders guild thread... ;o)

I can't claim design rights and technically the public built it ☺ Obviously not finished but with the time allowed it was a test with the public and it's fair to say it went really well.

Shib said:

I found my daughters 20yr old set of K'Nex, my 17yr old daughter decided to play with it before I gave it back...her fingers are still killing her after building and pulling apart a bird. She prefers her Lego over this too lol.

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @samiam391‌ I hope you have kept some pennies back for the auction tonight ;)
    rancorbait
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218

Shib said:

I found my daughters 20yr old set of K'Nex, my 17yr old daughter decided to play with it before I gave it back...her fingers are still killing her after building and pulling apart a bird. She prefers her Lego over this too lol.

I found one of the Mario Kart sets that had a RRP of £60 for £15 so thought what the heck, and to be fair it was worth that much for the motorised cars and figures, but the actual k'nex is terrible.

• TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    My status today is that I can't believe that it's been a year today already since I first joined the Brickset forums! How time flies when you're a member of Brickset, and to think I just joined the forum to ask a question... Time to celebrate by cracking open some of those new sets I bought earlier today then... :-)
    AdzbadboyCapnRex101carlqSirKevbagschuckpGothamConstructionCoLego_Star
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited June 2014
    I cannot believe I have not got one Lego set this year.

Well I did get three ploybags with the Daily Mail, six Simpsons minifigures and Power Mech for my college work. But still: not one actual Lego set that I brought for my own desires :(

On the bright side I have kept my 2014 news year resolution, partly. I said I would not purchase any regular retail sets until Christmas sales and that I would purchase the Lego exclusives sets, Lego Ideas and Lego Minifigures that interest me throughout the year. Well I done a pretty good job not spending much: £25 so far.

I miss building new sets so bad...

...5 months...
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    A test of willpower in Watford this morning, looked at the last ecto-1 and the last Benny's spaceship on thebefore leaving with what I went in for plus a bag full of LEGO store birthday freebies.
    StormKitty
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,135
    Trying to find the auction thread to post!
    StormKitty
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 474
    edited June 2014
    got some used lego from a friend of a friend (friend got told by her friend o fsome old lego and bewared itf ro mgetting trashed ) thanks god a sin was prevented :P gotta sort that in in the next few days

Edit: error in finger control unit
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    My 3 year old has started saying weetabricks instead of weetabix :) It sounds so cute that I don't want to correct him.
    LostInTranslationStormKittyAdzbadboyJennicarlqLegobutterflylegomattGothamConstructionComargot
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Preparing for my holiday by trying to roughly work out which sets on my want list have the most favourable RRPs in the US compared to the UK so I know what is most sensible to buy. Looks like in general the Superheroes are best, the Knowhere mission set best of all at approx. 37.5% cheaper. Works out well cos I want loads of SH sets!!

(Disclaimer: I am guesstimating a bit, using a sales tax rate of 10% and an exchange rate of 1.6 USD per GBP as a basis).
    edited June 2014
    legonut80 said:

My 3 year old has started saying weetabricks instead of weetabix :) It sounds so cute that I don't want to correct him.

Just hope he doesn't start saying megkellocks, and you should be fine. :oP

Edit (returning to thread): Just remembered why I came here: It's not Lego related, but to say 'dancing around living room to The Doors'.
    noticed that i have to use exact scan instead of quick sweep on sorting in that used lego. (started a hour ago with the sorting in and only glanced over the parts but still spotted some non-allowed stuff inside). slows the entire process down :(
    I am now 388 pieces away from completing my. Bricklinked Green Grocer. At times it has felt like the time has dragged by, and other times it doesn't seem as it was that long ago I was thinking about doing this.

When I have finished it, I'll place a picture here. I have written out meticulous records of everything I bought and what the postage costs were. So I'll add a price with and without postage as well. Thank you OCD.

I know this has been bought over time so the price hasnt been that noticeable, not like paying an up front price. I know it is more that it's original price, but a lot less than the going price for these now. So I'm happy with what I've paid for, plus it's easier to afford by. Bricklinking it.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    I received Emmet's Mech from [email protected] yesterday. It's a really good set, but there are flaws. The first and most prominent are the legs. I really do not like the way that they are built. I like the shape of them, but the construction of them only allows for one point of articulation at the thighs. This thing also feels very unstable because of that, so I'm planning to rework the legs later on to make them better. If anybody has any suggestions on what to do while keeping the legs accurate, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

I bulked the back of the torso up too to make it more bulky like the film version, and I changed the elbow construction from click hinges to click joints typically used in other mechs.

However, I do really love the look of the set overall, Angry Emmet and Angry Kitty are brilliant minifigures and the mech looks really menacing while keeping the good guy aesthetic. I also really love the mixing drums on the back, as well as the cockpit and the cranes.

Overall, I do recommend the set, but there are flaws that you might want to mod.

Happy birthday to me :-)
    (yesterday)
    LegobutterflylegomattCapnRex101carlqSirKevbagsGuroooStormKittychuckpGothamConstructionCo
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

Happy birthday to me :-)
    (yesterday)

You could have had 27% more cake if it had been square. ;)

Happy belated hope-you-got-some-sets-you-wanted day.
    LostInTranslation
    ^ No sets at all... but some Lego stationery from my colleagues and dollars from my family which I will most likely spend on Lego when I am in the US (flying over on Sunday, hurray!).
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Happy belated birthday @LostInTranslation‌, hope you had a lovely day :-)
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Happy Bidet, Lucy (as we say in my family - and yes, I realise this explains a lot about my sense of humour...;-)
    Legobutterfly
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    ^ My Ghostbusters set arrived yesterday, and was built late in the evening. It's really great; much better in person than in pics and review online. I can't help but think the wheel hubcaps could be better, maybe with a silver 2x2 radar dish (if it'll fit?). Dunno. All round, awesome set!

This weekend I'm excited, if not little daunted, to finally start work on the 10179 which has been patiently waiting for an AFOL touch for over a month :)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,273
    Happy birthday for yesterday @LostInTranslation‌!
    Happy belated birthday @LostInTranslation :o)
    Just read Rik Mayall has died. Lord Flashheart, Bombardier Beer, Bottom, The Young Ones. One of my comedy heroes. Damn.
    I was just 96% finished rendering an LDD model that I was going to post when I heard a loud *BANG* and watched in horror as smoke began to rise from my computer. I don't know what's worse, that I have to buy a new computer, or that I had 0% of my LEGO related (including LDD) files backed up. *Sigh*
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    I'm no computer whizz, but the hard drive is likely to be fine. Don't stress just yet.
    edited June 2014
    finally got the sorting done, including 1(!!!!!) unwanted clone part. (put it into the scheduled for trashing box i made whole sorting the stuff)
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    ^^^^ Not to mention Alan B'stard. RIP Rik.
    legomattGothamConstructionCo

I was just 96% finished rendering an LDD model that I was going to post when I heard a loud *BANG* and watched in horror as smoke began to rise from my computer. I don't know what's worse, that I have to buy a new computer, or that I had 0% of my LEGO related (including LDD) files backed up. *Sigh*

Ordered a new laptop :o)
    JenniBumblepants
    edited June 2014
    My LEGO The Simpsons - Minifigure Concept Design Showcase:
    @Adzbadboy - The link is dead.

@Adzbadboy - The link is dead.

@Rancorbait, it works!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ That would be because I fixed it for you :-)
    rancorbait
    Matthew said:

^ That would be because I fixed it for you :-)

@Matthew, Thanks.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    edited June 2014
    @rancorbait‌ - sounds like a power supply. You can get them for around $50, assuming you don't have a killer video card for gaming or intensive graphics. They are pretty easy to install. Just ground yourself by touching the metal case before you stick your hands in there.
    rancorbait
    @Bosstone100 I figured it might be, I had actually already removed it. But I needed a new computer anyway, purely for LEGO related stuff. That one was getting old and slow.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Trying to get through my last two days of work before I can leave for Brickworld in Chicago on Friday morning. (Also wishing I had been able to get enough time off to actually be there starting tonight)
    After 7 months of not buying Lego sets; I have finally pulled the trigger and purchased two Lego sets: #21108 and #76012 which cost me £45 for both from Very.com
    rancorbait
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    Tired...Very Very Tired...was up until the early hours of the morning sorting through bricks in preparation of building my original BSB.

Tired...Very Very Tired...was up until the early hours of the morning sorting through bricks in preparation of building my original BSB.

I must still be tired myself...when I saw BSB, I immediately thought your build the Back Street Boys...lol. I love sorting, hope you managed to get it finished.

I am waiting on my PR in the mail, I bought my daughter a LOTR set at the same time, and hers was shipped first. So now I have to wait a bit longer...I might rebuild my haunted House and. Fire Brigade again...lol