Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Heroes 2015 speculation and rumors

legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
Thought it would be a good time to discuss what sets might come next in the DC line. We know that LEGO had planned to release Batman v Superman sets in 2015 however they pushed them back until 2016.

LEGO has dropped a few ''teasers'' on their twitter with images of the 1960s Batmobile and 5 Batsuit's together, two being new designs presumably.

Also there is a new image of the JL League with New 52 Superman (amazing), New 52 Wonder Woman and others like the current Flash, and an alternate Martian Manhunter and Cyborg.

There are also rumors for a UCS Tumbler as well.

What do you think, are the TT games and twitter images hints at 2015? The Marvel game had quite a few of these as well.

Comments

• GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    I think alot depends on whether LEGO make another round of SDCC exclusives, if they don't I expect to see more diverse sets. If they do another round of batman and spiderman sets, sprinkled with a few movie release sets (magic number is 3 for these)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,336
    I have said it before and I will say it again: I need more Batman villains, anything more would be a bonus for me!
    Lego2012bobabricks
  • DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    If the game is set in space like they say then there has to be a good chance we'll see Darkseid. If that results in a figure of some kind I'll be very happy. Sadly the games only seem to have limited impact on the sets.
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    For the love of god LEGO put Green Arrow in a set!!!!
    andhe
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,060
    I would like to see more henchmen. There are never enough of them
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,442
    @Bumblepants‌ how about a henchmen vs GCPD battle pack?
    Bumblepantsbobabricks
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    I believe the UCS Batman Tumbler will be released September 2014 as this year is the 75 anniversary of Batman. I'm not sure if Lego would release some of the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice sets next year and then release the other half in 2015. I also believe a Green Lantern set/minifigure is on it's way.
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    I have a feeling there might be a few more Lego Movie sets in the future, and that is where Green Lantern will appear. I can't believe they would miss the opportunity to cross promote.
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited May 2014
    plantman said:

I have a feeling there might be a few more Lego Movie sets in the future, and that is where Green Lantern will appear. I can't believe they would miss the opportunity to cross promote.

I think maybe they didn't include him because the fig in the movie was the same as the 2011 SDCC one. Like how we didn't get the Black Suit Nolan Batman but instead got a dark grey version. *sheds tear*
    I really wonder if we will ever get a proper black suited Batman other than the classic one. I would absolutely go crazy if they made a Batsuit based on the Arkham Knight game in black.
    bobabricks
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Why can't they put the CC exclusives in a set? As someone who doesn't go to CC (either NY or SD), I don't really care if they put it out and it drops the value; it seems nuts that they'd leave money on the table in order to protect the feelings of people who are primarily grabbing those figs just to hawk them for a massive profit online.
    DrmnezXefanpharmjodBeavprevere
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    ^^ couldn't agree more!!! Get rid of CC/NYTF exclusives!!
    Was Azog not a comic con exclusive at one point?
    As far as im aware, nycc had no lego presence and the toy fairs had no exclusives.... Although i can remember @samiam391‌ mentioning one
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,923
    edited May 2014
    Shib said:

Was Azog not a comic con exclusive at one point?

Yes, as was red coat Bilbo Baggins.

My wants? More Batman variations of course ... so short legs with fleshie parts like Bart Simpson for Bat-baby

Zebra Batman ...

or Mummy Batman and Robin ...

Pink Batman (why not a whole rainbow?)

carlqBumblepantsAdeelZubairnerick906
    So I think it's fair to say that just because something has been comic con exclusive doesn't mean it always will be?

If we're going down the lines of characters/variants that have almost no chance of getting made I vote for;

Catman

or the Calculator

No DC collection is complete without the infamous Polka Dot Man

Bumblepants
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited May 2014
    TLG stated at the time that the 2012 & 2013 SDCC figs will stay exclusive and will never be reissued as they are in regular sets or polys. However, no such statement was promised for the 2011 SDCC/NYCC Batman, Lantern, Superman. Hence we got Superman instantly after in the Lex Powerarmor set and the dark bley variant for Batman later on in the Bat set.

Any rumors for 2014 SDCC out there yet? Would like to know to decide on going again this year or not. Last year was brilliant after winning 2 black suit Supermans and access to buy the micro-Bag Ends. Wishing for a second strike of lightening if there's primo stuff to be had.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599

Would like to know to decide on going again this year or not.

Aren't tickets sold out already?

• Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 969

TLG stated at the time that the 2012 & 2013 SDCC figs will stay exclusive and will never be reissued as they are in regular sets or polys.

What about Azog, though? Also, I hope that refers to the actual minifig itself and not the characters. It'd be a shame if we never got to see important characters like Green Arrow and Shazam never see the light of day again.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,228
    A bit surprised that they do not have booster packs like SW, and do a Hero Vs Villain and Henchmen or something like that.

blockquote class="Quote" rel="BrickDancer">TLG stated at the time that the 2012 & 2013 SDCC figs will stay exclusive and will never be reissued as they are in regular sets or polys. However, no such statement was promised for the 2011 SDCC/NYCC Batman, Lantern, Superman. Hence we got Superman instantly after in the Lex Powerarmor set and the dark bley variant for Batman later on in the Bat set.

Any rumors for 2014 SDCC out there yet? Would like to know to decide on going again this year or not. Last year was brilliant after winning 2 black suit Supermans and access to buy the micro-Bag Ends. Wishing for a second strike of lightening if there's primo stuff to be had.

I believe those versions will never be re-issued. I think LEGO said you may see the character again but they will not look like the ones for the Con specials. So you may see Variants of those as characters in a set.

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,984
    @CCC‌ @CapnRex101‌ I think you will find there are only two villians that we need, nay demand and that is......

The Condement King and Maxie Zeus.
    CapnRex101
    @Redbullgivesuwind‌ - You cannot be forgetting the infamous Crazy Quilt?

I would actually like a Maxie Zeus Minifigure as he seems like one we could realistically have given the fact that he would not need any new pieces. The Condiment King on the other hand is probably less likely.
    Redbullgivesuwind
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,984
    @CapnRex101‌ I did forget about Crazy Quilt. Perhaps the finest villian ever.

While the Maxie Zeus figure would be easy to make. Sadly he is been religated to the position of joke villian/forgotten about it is unlikley to be seen unless as an exclusive at SDCC.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    Geddes said:

As far as im aware, nycc had no lego presence and the toy fairs had no exclusives.... Although i can remember @samiam391‌ mentioning one

@Geddes‌ - If you are referring to 2014 for the NYTF, that is correct... there was no super hero exclusive. Just a (lame) Mixel ;o)

@Gooker1 My buddy buys multiple passes every year and always offer to let me come on day of choice. He just texted me asking about this year last Saturday, but forgot to get back to him since my gf is undecided. But thanks for the reminder that I should reply to him on it =)

@Steve_J_OM‌ It only applied to the Superheroes and not the one-off promo figs like Azog (2013) or Bilbo (2012). It only applies to that specific costume of the character and not the entire character itself. The one that borders most on this is the black suit Spider-man, where he is available in the other outfits and variants of it. While Venom is considered a different character, so TLG saw it as legitimate to use the torso again.

With that reasoning, you can actually expect sooner or later Green Lantern will be available as 2011 SDCC/NYCC is not protected by the promise to stay exclusive. But for the other ones, you just better hope they stretch to cover the other character variants. For example, the SDCC Green Arrow is specifically the one from Earth 0 arc. So that still leaves possibility for a classic GA, New 52, TV Series, etc.
    madforLEGO
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    They can "promise" all they want. LEGO is in the business of making money and if those figures would sell enough in a set to justify re-releasing them I believe they would.
    They could always do a new black Spiderman with the same head print but different torso. It wouldn't break the exclusivity "rule".
    madforLEGO
    @BrickDancer thanks for the explanation. I thought the SDCC Green Arrow was the New 52 version. Alas, I doubt we'll ever see the classic GA with the trademark Van Dyke since they've moved away from the look in both the comics and television.
    @samiam391 thanks, @BrickDancer‌ the SDCC too me looks the new 52 costume too me
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Yeah, I'd love to have that Green Arrow. There is not a single one of the 52 Earths, though, where I would spend hundreds of dollars for a single minifig.
    hoyatablesBrickDancermadforLEGOandhe
    ^Hilarious!

@Geddes‌ It's a close call but the goatee gives it away since SDCC is only stubble and better matches this younger version of Ollie from Earth 0, which takes place after the Flashpoint event. Which also happened to be promoted during last years Con for the release of animated motion picture. Connection! Lol

@brickdancer we can agree it is a New 52 variation, but it does come down to the facial hair lol
    Yes agreed. Guess we're just splitting hairs at this point :)
    andhe
    edited June 2014
    The best news would be they are cancelling the SDCC exclusives this year because the fiasco and bad pr they get every year.

Good case scenario: They give them out at the event for free or you can buy them online like other vendors, for $9.99. No production limit.

Acceptable scenario: They have one for Marvel and one for DC and hand out 5000 or more of each so ebay prices are $20-50.
    sidersddDrmnezpharmjod
    @legodude despite owning every exclusive superhero figure, i would be glad to see the back of the idea.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Hmm, I don't know about the SDCC green lantern showing up in a set, though very special promos like azog and if I'm not mistaken classic superman have showed up in normal sets :/
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    What do Lego set out of giving these SDCC exclusives away?
    ^ Publicity, hype
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Lego is one of the most popular exhibitors at Comic Con, and that's saying a lot considering how popular Hasbro, Marvel, DC, and other toy manufacturers, publishers and studios compete for conventioners attention. The exclusives have succeeded in bringing attention to the Lego brand to many conventioners that otherwise would not care and also many more non conventioners from publicity and word of mouth.

I personally hope that Lego shifts the exclusives to some of their weaker products, but being that Comic Con is mostly about comics it seems like the perfect theme to use. I love Lego, but not at SDCC because it is so frustrating to NOT get the exclusives. (Of course I buy them from eBay afterwards). If they decide to do Simpsons, Star Wars, or TMNT, I would be good with that.
    Drmnez
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    ^agreed.
    This is jumping the gun hugely, and probably not so much related to 2015 as 2016, but here is a rumoured line-up of what DC/Warner Bros. are going to unveil at Comic Con in respect of the DC cinematic universe:

http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/

A standalone Shazam! movie gives me hope that an affordable minifig might one day be available - up to now I thought he was a bit too on the obscure side as opposed to, say, Green Lantern, who I'd been more optimistic about seeing in a regular set.
    I'm really hoping that DC manage to follow Marvel's lead and actually get a good continuity going. Unfortunately word is that all the current and upcoming TV stuff is separate universe to the Film universe. I was hoping for Arrow's Oliver Queen to be a small part in the film world Justice League, not as a serving member but as a person of interest who seeks their approval...i think that works better for a younger Green Arrow, and serving as a member is better for an older Green Arrow.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,507
    ^^ Yeah I read that news this morning... with a fair amount of scepticism. Considering the Batman v Superman movie is already filming and due out 2 months before Shazaam I would have expected to have heard some news about Shazaam before this.

That said, I hadn't quite realised that BvS wasn't out til summer 2016! And is probably a much larger film than Shazaam would be, so I guess two years is plenty of time for them to pull something together.

I hope they don't use the TV versions of Green Arrow and Flash. Mainly because... they look dreadful (I have watched either) and would be like putting 'Smallville' Clark Kent/Superman on the big screen. Things that work on TV look cheap on the big screen, I think the films need to stand alone.
    ksstrong
    ^The costumes might need tidying up but thats pretty implicit with moving something from Small screen to big screen. I've only watch season 1 of Arrow but it's fantastic, very different to any of the comic versions of Green Arrow, but enough references and nods to them to satisfy the comic book fan.
    From the trailers I'm very hopeful about Flash, I know the costume has got a lot of flack but I thought it worked quite nicely, I don't know what I'd have done different if it was me designing it.
    Also the trailer for the new Costantine series looks very interesting, lots of hints of other DC characters, including a Dr Fate helmet.
    edited June 2014
    Space Batman minifig confirmed for a set in 2015 by a TT Games Rep.

Cosmic DC FTW. I want full Lantern Corps and as many obscure characters as we can get.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Shib said:

I'm really hoping that DC manage to follow Marvel's lead and actually get a good continuity going.

I can't see this happening, as they seem more intent on catching up to Marvel's position immediately rather than giving the Justice League movie time to make sense. To me, the fact that they're introducing at least four new members of the Justice League in a single film smacks of desperation. Plus, Zack Snyder doesn't really bode well for things, either.

Time will tell, of course, but I can't see this even coming close to the quality of the MCU... and I say that even in spite of being highly critical of Whedon's thus far bungled take on the Avengers.
    y2josh said:

Plus, Zack Snyder doesn't really bode well for things, either.

Very glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Man of Steel was tolerable, but I don't think I've ever managed to sit through any other Snyder film that I've tried to watch all the way through. Too much of a style over substance director.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,721
    edited July 2014
    I might be showing my age but I would love to see batman sets based of the 60's TV show with Adam West. I personally wish they would end the comic con exclusives or do it like the did Azorg as I can live without the package, but not the figure. Not sure if it true but when I was on bricklink someone said they were going to be getting a Red Skull and a Batgirl from SDCC in.
    ^DC are currently running a comic series based on the 60s tv series so it's not completely beyond the realm of possibility, I'm tempted to get #10672 just for an Adam West looking batman.
    edited July 2014
    Who / which version is the Arkham Joker based on? I always assumed he was Burgess Meredith, although I guess the top hat is the wrong colour for him.