Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Snow Speeder In New Godzilla Movie

bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
Today I went and saw the new Godzilla movie (it was pretty good ;) ) and about 5 minutes in to the movie there is a lego snow speeder in a kids bedroom and before I could think about thinking what year it is it went to the next scene. Maybe if any of you are going to go see it you can try to figure it out. there is about 5 seconds of the camera dead on the snow speeder so it shouldn't be to hard, I just didn't think about it at the moment ;P
rancorbaitJabba_the_Taff

Comments

• Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 211
    I think it's the one from the Hoth Rebel Base #7666. For verisimilitude they should have used #7130, though I may be mixing up the different years the scenes are from. They could have put a hazmat CMF in there though! ;)
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    True , the scene was in 1999 so the older version would have been more accurate + a nice Easter egg for Lego fans ;)
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Good catch! You should add it to Godzilla's Goofs page on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/goofs?ref_=tt_ql_trv_2
    bobabricks
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    I noticed that and made myself look like a huge nerd at the screening I went to.

My review: "Wrong Snowspeeder. 0/10, wouldn't watch again."
    bobabrickscarlqJabba_the_TaffrancorbaitBumblepants
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    edited May 2014
    I thought it was the new 2014 version.

I didn't even think about it being back in 1999 when I saw it.
    bobabricks
    yeah, it didn't tell you the year it was when the scene went to Jakira, I guess it was just implied...
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    Did the box feature? If not they can shrug it off as "it's Lego, maybe the kid built it himself and it coincidentally looks like a set that didn't exist then."
    Shib said:

Did the box feature? If not they can shrug it off as "it's Lego, maybe the kid built it himself and it coincidentally looks like a set that didn't exist then."

He's the chosen one that can see future sets :O...
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    if it had the printed white and orange nose piece in the film (haven't seen it yet) then its an error, as that part was new for that set and has not been reused in any other sets.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 260
    Nice catch. There are some people, like me who could care less about the plot, but only care about the tiny details they got wrong, when others are the opposite.
    bobabricks