Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Fairy Bricks Minifigs

SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
Had to happen didn't it? Only one place we could go and that was @MinifigsMe‌ Towers. I think they are lovely.
cheshirecatCapnRex101CCCLostInTranslationCheekaadiemcdrdavewatfordsidersddStormKittyLego_Starjadedancpricey73brickedinPaperballparkSilentModecarlqUKtsumiindigoboxLegoKipGothamConstructionCoGoldchainsMinifigsMeGoldJonoBooTheMightyHamsterbobabricksMrs_Wobblehead

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,524
    Want one. Need one. At least one.
    SirKevbagsMinifigsMe
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Available soon I promise :-)
    carlq
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,524
    You're such a tease Kev. Whetting our appetites like that ;-)
    Well demand needs to be tested :-)
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,842
    You can definitely add some to my t-shirt order! :D
  • CheekaCheeka UKMember Posts: 236
    Hang on, shouldn't one of them have a beard and a wand? :)
    SirBen
    These are the very exclusive prototypes ;-)

We did think about wands and wings for all but the cost, (wings not wands) made things to expensive
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,275
    A perfect accompaniment for the Brickset Minifigure I think :o)
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,472
    Where's the one with the large bushy beard? ;)
    edited April 2014
    Ok......

I'll be a little bit serious for a moment. Yes we can have a minifig with a beard etc but that is something else that makes Fairy Bricks about Kev. It isn't about me. It's about @cheshirecat‌ trying to make the books balance from my shitty spreadsheets, it's @LostInTranslation and @Jenni‌ baking cakes, it's @StormKitty searching for minifigs and cheap sets, it's the woman on Facebook who had never heard of us but held a Fairy Friday and sent £110. I could list a whole host of other names but hopefully you get my point

So there won't be one with a beard*, of course if you feel like hero worshipping the Hairy Fairy you can always swap heads ;-)

*When raffle and totalizer fun returns then MAYBE there will be one with a beard. Not Wakefield bushy though, it's getting warmer after all!
    MinifigsMebobabricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,945
    Seeing as I spent a few hours yesterday customising some minifigs ...

Now lego has supplied us with the parts, you really need Homer's arms to get the accurate T-shirt look, unless you are branching out to sweatshirts too. :-)
    Hoodies are on order and we could do sweatshirts to :-)
    There is a rumour that one of these minifigs will become available at the Brickish AGM in an auction there, and will be supplied with a certificate of authenticity stating it is one of the original four...

Un certified ones will of course also be available in the near future. I understand proxy bids are possible ;-)
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 221
    I really NEED one of those minifigs. I love them.
    SirKevbags
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,290
    edited April 2014

So there won't be one with a beard*

That's what YOU think - remember that @MinifigsMe will have the final say, and maybe bribery will be possible....

;-)
    MinifigsMe
    After strong internal pressure, the first four will include the following

A beard
    Wand
    Wings
    Unique legs (hopefully)
    Certificate Of Authenticity signed by @MinifigsMe and myself

Beyond that they will be as shown in the first post to produce an affordable product. Details of the exclusives will be announced soon.
    cheshirecatcarlq
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    If you thought demand was high for #41999 wait till the first 'Hairy Fairy' limited edition becomes available.
    carlqLegoboyStormKittysidersddbrickedinjasor
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Mr Gold all over again :)
    ^ No blind bagging I promise :-)
    carlq
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792

After strong internal pressure, the first four will include the following

A beard
    Wand
    Wings
    Unique legs (hopefully)
    Certificate Of Authenticity signed by @MinifigsMe and myself

Beyond that they will be as shown in the first post to produce an affordable product. Details of the exclusives will be announced soon.

Yay for internal pressure! (Although you can get laxatives for that).

When you say "unique legs", Kev, my mind goes into overdrive...I don't think Lego has legs like yours (actually, I don't think ANYONE has legs like yours! ;-))
    SirKevbags
    Forget legs and think more about the footwear........

Changes and additions confirmed tonight and I know they will be special :-)
    carlq
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

If you thought demand was high for #41999 wait till the first 'Hairy Fairy' limited edition becomes available.

Does it come in chrome? ;o)

JenniJosephbobabricks
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    Kev, put me down for 3
    So here they are. Changes have been made to make things affordable for everyone and the limited first run are available at £5 each and boy hair is available. £1 postage in the UK and £2.50 Rest Of The World should cover you for threw of them.
    cheshirecatscrumperrancorbaitCapnRex101carlqMinifigsMeadiemcGothamConstructionCoLegoKip
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,275
    @SirKevBags - Sign me up! :o)
    SirKevbags
    @CapnRex101‌ just drop me a pm with your requirements and the same goes for everyone else :)
    Why anyone would want to I've no idea but you can of course take the torso and then make your own changes.........
    StormKittyrancorbaitcarlqCapnRex101
    You can put me on the list too!

Do they include the pink wand and wings? :oP
    The wings and wand will have to be added from your own collection if you're that way inclined :) We wanted something affordable for everyone and they just bumped it to much.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Dust your Pet Shop, Kev - it's covered!
    You're not wrong @Matthew‌ just to many things to do lately!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Ooo - thanks for the reminder Kev, you special legs need printing. Will give Nick a nudge
    SirKevbags
    All orders from last night packed up and ready to go today. Need to get in quick folks before they are all gone ☺
    adiemc
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 221
    Ordered mine. Thanks Kev :)
    SirKevbags
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 478
    Ordered mine as well. Thanks Kev!
    Need to do a stock take later but I think we are sold out! More will be coming of course but for those who are looking for something a little more exotic, here is a sneak preview of what will be coming from the limited edition of 4 "Hairy Fairy" figs..........
    LostInTranslationadiemccarlq
    Do you need supplies first ...?

MatthewStormKittyadiemcLegobutterflySirKevbagscarlqLostInTranslationJenni
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    edited May 2014
    An auction sounds a great idea, Kev, but that picture....you're building them out of Liquorice Allsorts? ;-)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938

Who thinks we could have a bit of a chuckle if one of the Limited ones was live auctioned here?

I'd love to see how an auction would work on the forums! It could be absolute chaos, though, as I'm not entirely sure how frequently the page reloads to see new comments...
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    ^I think you'd have to rely on time stamps...if vanilla forums are muscling stuff about it could get very unpleasant
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    How about an old fashioned raffle? The sneak preview looks hilarious.
    edited May 2014
    ^ That's too old fashioned and too quick for a single item. I want the hilarity of a live auction on the forums, with everyone trying to work out what the current high bid is, along with a long silence from sirkev in the middle while he goes for a cup of tea. :-)
    LostInTranslationcarlqplasmodiumJennimessybobabricks
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    Received my minifigs today, thank you Sir.

for those who are looking for something a little more exotic, here is a sneak preview

Pink snakeskin boots!
    carlqSirKevbags
    edited May 2014
    There will be 4 "Exclusives" One will be a prize in the big raffle, one will be auctioned here. The other two I'm not sure yet. Might start a Fairy Bricks vault ;) So you could win one but if you want to be certain then the auction could be the only way. As for the way the forum will handle it, it just will. Fun will be the most important thing without getting buried in the how's and why's.

Going once.....
    Going twice.....
    Going for a cup of tea.......
    rancorbaitadiemcLostInTranslationscrumpersirrich69carlqsidersddGothamConstructionCo
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 478
    Also received my minifigs today. Many thanks @SirKevbags‌ and to @MinifigsMe‌ as well. They are lovely.
    SirKevbagsMinifigsMe
    Pleased to hear they are arriving. Apologies to those who have sent pm's today, I'll reply to those tomorrow.

Just to stress though that @MinifigsMe are producing more and there is no need to step into the secondary market to fulfil your Fairy needs. I don't think there have been any re seller orders but please let me know if you spot any on ebay or bricklink ;)
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    @SirKevbags‌ could you put one aside for me for collection at YORBRIX? could do with a Hairy Fairy in the mosh pit!
    StormKittyMrs_Wobblehead
    @pricey73‌ Will do mate. I think I'm getting a bit old to be in there though!
    pricey73

I don't think there have been any re seller orders but please let me know if you spot any on ebay or bricklink ;)

Come on, how many of you typed "LEGO Fairy Bricks minifigure" into the Ebay search engine? ;o)