The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277

Really neat techniques @rancorbait , including one I haven't seen before. Very useful! :-)

Which one? :o)

Great job, as always @TheOneVeyronian ;o)

The minifig levers through the slotted slopes - don't you just love Lego's endless possibilities ? :-)
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

don't you just love Lego's endless possibilities ? :-)

Yes, I do :o)

You might be surprised how useful those levers are when you start trying things out!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited May 2014
    In the spirit of The LEGO Movie; I took the LEGO Creator Mini Jet (6741) and used all the pieces to create something new and original.

I have kept the look of the original set; the front of the Mini Jet (6741) is placed at the top of the head to identify from the set that he is built from. He also has repulsors in his feet; below the repulsors are 2x4 Plates which are the giving the model stability.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14014146169/in/photostream
    TechnicNicklegomattdoomer72ricecakevitreolumcarlq
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure what it is, but I like it!
    bobabricks
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    A summoning ritual, I was inspired by a spell in Disciples game:

• TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    That's very cool @vitreolum, I especially like the hand, but everything about it is great.

Looks like deciding the winner is going to be tough though, looking back at all the MOC's! :-)
  • doomer72doomer72 Member Posts: 36
    ^ Great MOC ,it looks fantastic
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936

Literally exactly My thought! XD "I have no idea what is going on, but it looks pretty awesome!"

And when you say the steampunk thing can actually walk, do you mean with power functions and everything? (I think I see some sort of motor-y bit in there, but it's pretty well buried)

@rancorbait, your steampunk walker looks like it's a fusion between an AT-TE from Star Wars and MetalBeard's Sea Cow from The LEGO Movie :)

Literally exactly My thought! XD "I have no idea what is going on, but it looks pretty awesome!"

And when you say the steampunk thing can actually walk, do you mean with power functions and everything? (I think I see some sort of motor-y bit in there, but it's pretty well buried)

Yup, it uses a battery box and a M-motor, but its pretty heavy so it not very stable. Hit a little rough terrain and it'll fall over! :o)
    Adzbadboy said:

@rancorbait, your steampunk walker looks like it's a fusion between an AT-TE from Star Wars and MetalBeard's Sea Cow from The LEGO Movie :)

Lol.

That reminds me, I should get working on my motorized AT-TE, I have had the LDD file for probably 9 months already!

@CapnRex101 has built it, but I still want to build it myself :o)
  • thebrickcollectorsthebrickcollectors Member Posts: 25
    Really cool, @vitreolum! The hand is fantastic.
    vitreolum
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    @rancorbait LOL I just built a two-legged steampunk walker this weak end as well :P Mine was just made out of a couple sets I took apart to make space so it's not as good looking but I'll upload some pics to here ;)
    Here's my steampunk "stomper" ;)
    rancorbaitcarlqvitreolumbluedragonTechnicNickcozy
    ^ Nice! Which sets?
    @rancorbait mainly the new at-ap and western glider but I added a few touches with other pieces lying around, I also made a little bank to rob using some pieces from these sets, just wanted to do something fun with a couple of my dismantled sets :)
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Thanks all, glad you enjoy it.

@bobabricks Some very neat details there, especially like the legs.
    Thanks ;)
    Went through I little bit of a western craze last night and started making stuff, this is one of my personal favs of the almost 10 models I made :P
    It's a very small train locomotive using some interesting ways of building it ;)
    rancorbaitTechnicNickGothamConstructionCodoomer72jasorcarlqBrickarmorGoldchains
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    ^Very cool. Nice use of the big barrels.
    bobabricks
    ^ And the dynamite, classic! ;o)

^ And the dynamite, classic! ;o)

My rule is no matter what western build it is it NEEDS at least one dynamite piece :P
    GothamConstructionCojasorrancorbaitcarlq
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    We have a winner of this round's contest!

*drumroll*

@rancorbait and his awesome steampunk walker!

Honourable mention from both me and @thebrickcollectors goes to @FrictionPin's LEGO Store, and an extra mention of my own to @TechnicNick for continuing to produce awesome stuff. Awesome stuff all around! ;-)

The judges for the next round are still being decided, that will come in good time. But for now, continue to post all these wonderful MOC's!
    thebrickcollectorsbobabrickscarlqGothamConstructionCoTechnicNicklegomattCapnRex101
  • thebrickcollectorsthebrickcollectors Member Posts: 25
    Congratulations to all! Thanks for sharing your inspiring creations!
    carlq
    Thanks guys! I didn't see that coming! :o)
    carlq
    Well done @rancorbait, that's a unique model and a deserved win. I love this thread!
    rancorbait
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950

I don't know if it's appropriate, but here's my most recent mosaic.

Funny, I was just talking about that girl the other day. How coincidental. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2002/04/afghan-girl/index-text
    Phonebooth
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    Well done @rancorbait, a deserved victory!
    rancorbait
    Congratulations @rancorbait‌ , definitely deserved
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    Is anybody else up for banning @TechnicNick‌? He is far too good at MOCing ;oP

In all seriousness though, an excellent model. It is made all the better for being built at Miniland scale in my opinion as that allows you to capture every detail of the building.
    Time to bring out that new rule I mentioned to you @CapnRex101? Gotta give the others at least a slim chance at that honour... and that badge on their profile ;-P

Ha ha, I'm only kidding, that model ^^ is gorgeous, a beautiful example of architecture there. How can you bring out consistently jaw-dropping MOC's every week or two @TechnicNick? I'm always looking forward to seeing what you do next :-)
    You're all very kind, although if I were a judge, @Phonebooth's mosaic is currently out in front.
    rancorbait
    You never fail to amaze me @TechnicNick!
    We have our first judge for this round, the winner of the very first round: @doomer72!

Just waiting on my co-judge to nominate the second judge for this round :-)
    carlqCapnRex101
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 449
    @phonebooth that is brilliant. If I'm not mistaken I also know the shop. Will take a proper look next week if it's still there.
    Phonebooth
    I'm well pleased to be co judging this next round , thanks @TheOneVeyronian‌ . The entries posted already are awesome but obviously we want more! Big or small so let us see them please .
    GothamConstructionCoCapnRex101
    I am also pleased to announce that @TheLoneTensor will be the second judge for this round :-)
    GothamConstructionCoCapnRex101carlq
    edited May 2014
    Am I an 8 year old kid again?

For my final project in Art at college I have decided to create a new LEGO Creator set as they are the core LEGO products, they are what defines the creativity that combines logic and reasoning with playfulness and imagination.

Below is a sketch model of my LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot. Note how I tried to keep the build simple for younger kids to build it; including the waist joint because the model would occasionally fall apart on itself, the joint allowed more stability to the model. I also had to make the build slightly bulky because this is a LEGO Creator set; the original plan was to make an 8x8x8 body but it proved to be too bulky and so I cut it down to 8x6x4.

Note: I have used parts from #6862 they are just for reference; colours and designs are not final.)
    rancorbaitcarlqdoomer72TechnicNick
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 551
    edited May 2014
    With several builds in process for Brickworld in a couple weeks, I finally photographed this little piece today, the micro Galaxy GARC:
    rancorbaitdoomer72carlqTechnicNick
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Was screwing around instead of working, and came up with a little hoard for Goldtooth of Agents fame...
    bobabricksrancorbaitlegomattTechnicNickTheBigLegoskidoomer72vitreolumGoldchains
    Gold tooth was always my favorite in the agents line, terabyte is my favorite for this new "ultra" wave ;)
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    @bobabricks‌ I was lucky enough to pick up some agents pieces from a bin at the swap meet, so he's the only minifigure I have from the old line. I've picked up the smallest set from the "ultra" wave, and will definitely pick up the larger ones.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,822
    I will join the fray with this little blue car which was my project this afternoon. Built almost entirely from the MF Crazy Scientist set but reworked from the ground up from one in that set to be suitable for my modular street.image
    rancorbaitcarlqGothamConstructionCodoomer72Jennibluedragonbobabricks