Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Friends series 4 animals? Any US release date?

tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,948
Does anyone know what is up with series 4?
I can find the sets on shop.lego.com and it says they are not released in the US. If I look on the Friends site, I can see pics of all three animals.
http://friends.lego.com/en-us/characters/animals/turtlepurple

There does not seem to be any mention, though, of a release date anywhere for these. Are they still planned for release here? Anybody know?

Comments

• just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Toy Fair said May.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 550
    The ToysRUs website currently lists them as "Sold in Stores."
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,948
    Thanks. May would be great. I do have a Toys-R-Us about, but I rarely make it there. Maybe I will give it a run soon, although, who knows how much they will have the prices raised.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,692
    It's bizarre, they have been out quite a while in the UK and Europe.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    i hate that they are waiting until may to get wave 4 out. Wave 3's been out in stores since September here in the states and the lego impulse pickings need a boost. All that's in the impulse category(like $6 or less) are the YMMV polys, mixels, a few creator sets, and maybe some CMF's pending if they are still in stock where u are.

if they would of been out this month like some people originally said, i have the money to get them right now but the problem is that by the time may comes around, there'll be a bunch of buys coming up for me and it'll be a major headache for me. sure the wave 4 friends are only 3 strong and i only want a spare of the tiger but that would at least b4 out of the way instead of squished with other things

I want some wave 2 mixels(debating between getting a complete wave or just guys that i really want plus the guys that have nixels in them), i need money on the side if we go on vacation(i really need to check what the PAB wall holds b4 i can do my lego BL order), recently learned the friends animals will now be in this category, a bricklink order at some point(exact target items are pending what i find at the lego store), and i need 2 more 6 drawer sterelite units at some point(plus i need to get a few extra plastic baskets for them), i really want one of the ionix PK sets and 2 of the mega bloks rock em sock ems later in the year so i have to start saving, plus i think i'll need another 2 plastic containers to store sets in.

YEARGH! too many great sets, not enough money!
    I will say there is little out this year for us so far.
    Mixels/animal series/non-Simpson CMFs are on our radar

Beyond that there are Friends sets, and the jungle ones are interesting.

There is nothing of interest for my son at this point. He is waiting for the larger Minecraff sets. I think the only other items of interest could be the large Agent set or the Large Arctic set. The lines overall this year are a complete fail for him. Cuckoo Palace and the Trash set from TLM are the only ones out he has expressed interest in.
    dougts
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    I saw them 2 weeks ago at the Legoland Discovery Center Westchester (Yonkers, NY)
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,128
    tamamahm said:

I will say there is little out this year for us so far.
    Mixels/animal series/non-Simpson CMFs are on our radar

Beyond that there are Friends sets, and the jungle ones are interesting.

There is nothing of interest for my son at this point. He is waiting for the larger Minecraff sets. I think the only other items of interest could be the large Agent set or the Large Arctic set. The lines overall this year are a complete fail for him. Cuckoo Palace and the Trash set from TLM are the only ones out he has expressed interest in.

Yep, my buy list this year is way way down from the past few. Very disappointing lineup so far.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Saw the series 4 packs at Target (Scottsdale, AZ) yesterday. They had just gotten in a bunch of stuff. The previously empty shelves were full of new sets.
    Hmmm. Thanks. I will start keeping an eye out at Target My 7 year old son really wants the penguin.
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    TRU (in Los Angeles) now has Series 4 available.

Ach. I'm still waiting. I checked a few Targets as I have been near, and have not seen any yet. I have not made it to TRU.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I saw these at Meijer's the other day. Maybe try them if you have one nearby.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Bought them at the Lego store in Sacramento, CA on Wednesday afternoon.
    Finally ran into them at a Target! What was even nicer was temporarily set to 3.99.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    that's their new price actually. lego dropped the price to 4 bucks a pack.
    Wow. I had not heard that.
    That is really funny. 3.99 for those, versus 3.99 for a minifig.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    I found them at a Target in Phoenix AZ
  • brickdevteambrickdevteam Member Posts: 6
    This series have already been shipped out and depending on the retailer; are available for sale.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,330
    Found them at toys r us... a little disappointing they were not at the Lego Store since it would have been a great way to get the friends free polybag.
  • dragwitdragwit Member Posts: 26
    I went to the Lego Store yesterday with my daughters for the Monthly Mini Build, and found these...they only had one of the three available (the purple turtle)...and so we got this and the promo polybag for $4 each (plus tax)...and of course, I did separate transactions so each of my daughters could get the turtle and the free Bake stand polybag. :)
    I have to say the wait was worth it. The kids all enjoyed them, and I thought it was the best series yet, although each set had something about it that I liked.
    The tiger was my favorite character. I liked the size of it. The setting had the most unique pieces. The penguin habit I felt had the most playability. The turtle habitat was just such a lovely small build and felt so complete. What is great is the size is just right, that my kids build via the directions and then immediately demolish and try to create their own.

The most interesting thing, though, was that I showed the kids the friends Jungle sets that are coming out. All of them were excited. My son has been clamoring for any sort of fun action adventure set, and Lego really keeps missing the mark for him. I suspect these will not have the number of special features he really wants, when he finally looks at them, but caves, bridges that come apart and a slide feature all caught his attention.
    My older daughter liked these as well, because she finally thought it was a theme that just did not target the 'girly girl, I can be a dancer' market. I have been saying for a while Lego really misses the mark for older girls, and these new sets are not quite there, but the jungle theme is definitely more interesting. My biggest problem will be that I may have three kids really wanting the same sets. I will say, though, my son was disappointed that they had larger habitats for the series packs for the tiger, but he wanted to see a Friends arctic set with penguins. The upcoming arctic line obviously misses that 'adventure' focus that he really wants and instead focuses mainly on vehicles.
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    I haven't seen them in my local Target - they still have tons of the series 3 - but I did find them at our Wal-Mart. $3.97 each.
    They are all cute, but I really love the tiger one - those new plant pieces are a great addition to my collection!
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    I just saw them at Walmart too ... in Los Angeles, for $3.97
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    I bought the Tiger and Penguin for my daughter today at Target in NY. Also saw them at my local TRU too.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,422
    Series 5 are out now in the UK :-)
    LOL! Yes, I saw the front page this morning. I wonder why the staggered release this year?
    I think it has only been about 2 weeks that I have seen series 4 in large quantities, although, our local Target sold them quite fast. Of course with Easter coming up, I could see these being perfect little items.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Went to the local Target in Baltimore, MD, USA, on Saturday (the 19th) and they only had series 2. They had a series 3 box out but it was filled with the series 2 sets.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    Another Toy's R Us in Baltimore has had Series 4 since about March. They're very good about them but their Minifigure sightings are horrific
    Which Toys R Us? The Target I am talking about is the new one in Canton.
    What I have seen is that these hit Targets a few weeks back and were quickly picked up. Easter was just this past weekend and at $3.99 they really make a nice item for Easter baskets. I would no be surprised if many Targets had their stock that was displayed depleted. I saw what you did at one of mine in that the display had previous items on it. I do know, though, that mine did have them, since I bought mine there initially.
    I finally was able to get #41043 Penguin's Playground from the Toys R Us in Columbia, MD, (off MD-175). The definitely also had #41042 Tiger's Beautiful Temple (I didn't notice whether or not they had #41041 Turtle's Little Paradise though).
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Our Targets had them before Easter also, but quickly disappeared. I've learned the moment I see a new polybag of some kind for sale, I pick it up no matter what. Things seem to sell quickly around here. Minifigures, especially!