Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO [email protected] - May the Fourth be with you Deals (Worldwide)

124»

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,592
    It definitely looks like they are enforcing £50+ spend on SW only this time around. I just added ~£49.90 worth of SW (not that I would buy though), and a Friends set and no Revan appears, but he appears as soon as a SW keychain is added.

Revan could well be difficult to get (cheaply) on the secondary market if there are no decent offers.
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    ^Ravan had been selling for £10 on ebay UK but now the cheapest is £20.

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,356
    Yeah - first person to buy a sandcrawler from the Stratford store :)

If that sounds childishly excited, it's because it is, I have been referring to today as 'Sandcrawler Monday' in the office all month and couldn't wait to cash in my VIP points and grab this one.

The poster is nice and the Revan figure looks great, was also able to use my free minifig coupon to build three figures and best of all the store was empty so no rush or hustle.

I am now going to spend the afternoon staring wistfully at the gigantic lego box that is now on my desk and probably doing very little work at all - hurray
    BumblepantsalijoezaclegomattYellowcastle
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2014
    ^ Is there any chance you could upload a pic of the poster?

Don't worry just seen it.
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 200
    @monkey_roo - wish you worked in my office......i could stare at it with you. The guys in my office think i'm mad when i come in every now and then with a new Lego purchase and find out how much i pay for it......the fools!
    Let us know how the build goes.....I have the original Sandcrawler but will most likely get this as well 'cos it's a UCS (and i like my UCS sets......even my #10215)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,788
    Bought a Sandcrawler online for delivery. Could have gone to the Newcastle shop for one, but can't build it until the weekend due to a NEBOSH exam I'm supposed to be studying for (exam on Weds) and Newcastle don't keep their boxes as pristine as I would like.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    gold682 said:

The guys in my office think i'm mad when i come in every now and then with a new Lego purchase and find out how much i pay for it......the fools!

Yup, LEGOS are pricey, but so are bass boats, golf clubs and lots of other stuff. Especially hobby stuff, and if you want the nicer stuff. I am a cyclist and nice bikes are quite pricey. But, hey... it's my hobby. A hobby is pricey. Just goes with the territory.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949

will we get any better deals than listed below:
    #75019 was/is at permanent sale price of $66 RRP: $89.99
    #75021 BF price of $79 RRP: 119.99

^^^^^^ It's been requested multiple times in the past, but perhaps include set names as well as numbers when posting lists like that.

@starwarfan77
    I would like to echo @TheLoneTensor 's request. The numbers are great for those hard core dorks like us who have all these numbers memorized, but for others it is a pain. Also consider those on mobile devices that have limited bandwidth, and extra click (that contains images) is not ideal. Not to mention that on many mobile devices the embedded links to sets do not work right, it just searches the forum.
    I make it a habit to always post set names along with the numbers.

P.S. @Huw,
    It would be great if the extension to embed set numbers would automatically add the name if it was not already included. I understand that a database hit would not be ideal, maybe a static map of set number and and names...
    Jonn420
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    I've been sat with a Lego.com order for the Millennium Falcon #7965 in my bag for the last three hours and just can't decide whether to push the button or not. It's £20 off which is good - but not quite cheap enough to make it a must buy. Can anyone help convince me either way on this one? Has it ever been cheaper elsewhere?
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^Ive been sat with the Death Star in my bag for most of the day also. Im thinking with the freebies and the little i have in VIP points(£15) it could be worth it.

Nothing else interests me.
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 743
    @‌ jondesouzaCE
    Millennium Falcon #7965 has been at Amazon UK for £87 .
    jondesouzaCE
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    Pate5346 said:

@‌ jondesouzaCE
    Millennium Falcon #7965 has been at Amazon UK for £87 .

Thanks. Which would make Darth Revan £26 and he's not worth that!
    if you're after a MF #7965, i'd wait until Argos next has a 3 for 2 event on. That's the time Amazon match (approximately) by banging them out for 2/3 price. Unless it's in danger of EOLing before July (when Argos usually do a 3 for 2 before the run-up to Christmas).
    jondesouzaCELegoboy
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    cloaked7 said:

gold682 said:

The guys in my office think i'm mad when i come in every now and then with a new Lego purchase and find out how much i pay for it......the fools!

Yup, LEGOS are pricey, but so are bass boats, golf clubs and lots of other stuff.
    And a million of the hardcore-est LEGO fans just cried out in unison...

I've been sat with a Lego.com order for the Millennium Falcon #7965 in my bag for the last three hours and just can't decide whether to push the button or not. It's £20 off which is good - but not quite cheap enough to make it a must buy. Can anyone help convince me either way on this one? Has it ever been cheaper elsewhere?

£65 at Argos once. That's when I bought one. Stupidly, only one.
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Got my order in for the sandcrawler this morning, and shipped already, was tempted by the falcon as well. but as pointed out even with the discount it can still be found cheaper elsewhere.
    Wish I had seen when they were £65 at Argos though :(, blown my Lego budget for a little while now with the sandcrawler and the Hobbit video game. Spent all day Sunday taking down the death star to make more room.
    from a post on the bricklink forum ...

...I have made today my second Star Wars order at S&H after yesterday and have
    noticed that they removed Revan minifig and poster that was automatically added
    during checkout...

This means that the sentence that only one poster + Revan at household is available,
    is really true...

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=816819
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    edited April 2014
    Ill take all of this talk about being restricted seriously when it actually occurs to me to be honest. We have heard this before and I have still gotten the figures with each order. I am hoping to get two and not have to drive up to my local LEGO store to get them
    As for the SW only, again Ill believe it when i see it.
    Even then if a keychain is all it takes to be added to a normal order to get the figure, OK. no biggie
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,159
    I don't know if it directly relates but the competition that they've got running says multiple entries are aloud but only one per day so if you are planning on multiple orders to try to get multiple figs it might be worth trying one each day.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Allowed. And @shib I like you, but I'm not letting that one go :)
    y2joshLostInTranslationlegomattPitfall69
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    I think for best results (for getting multiple promos), you should space orders out as far as possible during the promo period. When the Martian Manhunter was the freebie I did 3 orders from [email protected] There was an initial order early on, then 2 (Within 24 hours) a few weeks later. I got one Manhunter with the first order but only one of the last 2 orders came with one.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,159
    edited April 2014

Curse those homophones when typing after a long day! :-P

legomatt
    edited April 2014
    Adding a SW lego keyring to a non-SW order over £50 does not work - tried it for fun and no Revan was added to the order (tried before I ordered my Sandcrawler on the 28th). My Sandcrawler has arrived, 44 hours to get from Netherlands warehouse to UK delivery address, great service. The Revan minifig means nowt to me, it will be going in my resale/rainy day stash to hopefully get £20 off another set down the line.

What a beautifully decorated box the Sandcrawler has. Won't be opening it until the weekend, but I can't wait. Big box, doesn't feel that heavy for the size, i've had far denser filled boxes.
    Buying locally at a Lego store might get you a second Revan, but they might not give you it when you hand over your VIP and they add points,, wonder if there's a till flag when you put the VIP number in that tells them not to give you a Revan if you've already placed an eligible order online and got one.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Ordered 12 Simpsons minifigures this morning, but the May 4 the poster still showed up in my basket without anything Star Wars. That's pretty cool I guess.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    15% off on #10240, #10225 and #7965.

Sorely tempted to get R2-D2, but my BL/PAB/Bricks&Pieces spending on sourcing CC, GG and MS has been a bit out of control this last month... :-(
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Briking said:

15% off on #10240, #10225 and #7965.

Sorely tempted to get R2-D2, but my BL/PAB/Bricks&Pieces spending on sourcing CC, GG and MS has been a bit out of control this last month... :-(

Just the cost of doors and windows alone practically equal the cost of a discounted R2.
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Shib said:

Curse those homophones when typing after a long day! :-P

"He doesn't like you. I don't like you either. You better watch yourself..."

:)

• Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 517
    Well, my shopping's done. Couldn't go with something big like Ewok Village or the Sandcrawler, but the sets on "sale" sure didn't entice me, either. I decided to go full Prequel and order three of the mid-size early 2014 sets to end up just a few dollars over the threshold for Darth Revan. Yes, I want Revan that badly, and I'm not even what you call a minifigure fanatic. In these post-Disney "EU is now Legends" days, I have to hold on to all I can of the Star Wars that I grew up with!

Laugh at my ridiculous sentimentality if you must! I am. But seriously; it's REVAN!
    y2josh
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Lego_Lord_Mayorca
  • WookiePajamasWookiePajamas Member Posts: 26
    Has anyone had trouble getting the Revan minifigure with just the sandcrawler? If I add any other SW set over $75 it shows up, but with just the Sandcrawler it disappears. The banner still says it was added to my cart, but it doesn't show. ( the poster does, let's not forget about that gem)...
    Yup. Same here.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    According to the banner over the cart contents it says the figure adds with any purchase over 75 it seems BUT it only says this, it does not show the figure in the cart unless you put 75 or over in SW LEGO in.
  • KLSKLS Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2014
    It's in the fine print: "Free Minifigure offer: Valid only on item 5002123 Darth Revan™ Minifigure. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $75 in LEGO® Star Wars™ merchandise only."

Anyways, was hoping for the ucs xwing to be on sale. The only good deal from this sale was the #9525, it was 50% off at 24.99, worth simply for Pre Vizsla himself (selling for the same amount just for his fig on ebay!) And that is now sold-out, in less than 20mins after it was published. </ end rant>
  • wesman21wesman21 USAMember Posts: 13
    If the currently posted offering are going to be all of the sales, then you might as well check out TRU of all places and Walmart online for better prices. It totally shook up what I was going to buy.
    Jedi Defender is $66 at TRU, on sale at lego.com for $81 Jabba's Barge is $88 at Walmart, on sale at lego.com for $108

I can basically buy the two sets I was looking to buy for $35 cheaper, spend probably $15 to get the Revan and still come out $20 ahead. At least that is what I'm hoping for...

Thoughts? Is everything posted as of now (1:30AM CST) or are they going to change it up more tomorrow or on the 4th itself?

Thanks for the input, I'm just at a lost at what to do at this point.
    KLS you're right, the best deal is already done. I compared prices for two sets I was targeting and TRU and Wal Mart of all places are currently priced for less...

Jedi Defender is $66 at TRU, on sale at lego.com for $81

Jabba's Barge is $88 at Walmart, on sale at lego.com for $108

I may just try to get a Revan for $20 or so once they flood ebay. It is unfortunate that they didn't have more sets that beat last month's deal or at least knock 10% off some of the bigger sets. Guess the Ewok Village will have to wait until Brick Friday and now I'm definitely tempted to wait for the revamp of the Death Star in a few years.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    edited May 2014
    if you really want those sets then those prices are decent... @ least for #75025 ..

me says lowest price that i have seen for
    #75025 jedi defender is $66 (current price @ TRU) and
    #75020 jabba's sail is $63 (during black friday @ target/tru/amazon)

can they be found @ lower price .. possible. .. but again getting those at those 50% off price may be difficult...

I got a Sandcrawler ordered on 28th, arrived 30th with a Revan, but the basket always showed it there. If I ordered something 4 x the threshold to get a Revan and it wasn't there, i'd be more than a bit radged. I'm in the UK if that makes a difference to the [email protected] website.
  • KLSKLS Member Posts: 25
    @wesman21‌ If I were you buddy, I'd snap up those 2 sets you mentioned before they sell out and get Revan separately. From where I'm from (Singapore), it's rare for retailers to offer such big discounts! I just read that there will no longer be discount on exclusive sets. So it's either to save up for them or get them used on the secondary market...
    wesman21
  • WookiePajamasWookiePajamas Member Posts: 26
    Tried this morning and it showed up, I would guess the sandcrawler just wasn't associated on the web page yet.
    @KLS as far as exclusivity, do you mean on lego.com sets or even TRU or other dealers? That is some important news. I think I'm likely going to follow your advice. I'll probably come out a little bit ahead, just got to snag a Revan at the right time.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,392
    I'm not showing ANY discount on the 10240 or 10225. I'm in the U.S. What gives?

I'm not showing ANY discount on the 10240 or 10225. I'm in the U.S. What gives?

I guess people really do live under rocks ;)

Seriously, no discounts on exclusives here in the US.

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,392
    wasn't thinking for a second. Went to edit my post and my internet connection went down. Been having issues with it all morning.

Thanks for the witty remark though.
    DougoutPitfall69
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    Well, despite ordering it when the site said in stock, I've now got "backorder" on my UCE R2-D2. I've also been told that the posters were underproduced/overordered and that I won't be getting one now. Still getting the figure though.
    Dartgdc: where are you based? I got a poster with my Sandcrawler and it could be going spare.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228

Dartgdc: where are you based? I got a poster with my Sandcrawler and it could be going spare.

Birmingham, UK

Dartgdc: Handy, I thought you might be in the US. I can send you mine, I won't be putting it up. I would need you to PayPal me postage costs. PM me.
    legogregors