Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO [email protected] - May the Fourth be with you Deals (Worldwide)

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^^ Yup. They have said that in the past and not had it matter. That is what I meant.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Good to know as most of the stuff on the top of my wish list isn't SW at the moment.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,250

^ It has to be $75 in Star Wars.

I'll believe that when I see it.
    The May the fourths always say that, but yet I have always been able to buy any set and get the figure added, at least online.

So this year may be different but I would be surprised if LEGO.com actually adheres to this being only for SW LEGO. If they do, it would be a first for me.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    However the "Star Wars only" rule might apply in-store. I clearly recall the whack store manager at South Coast tried to enforce it on me last year during the Clone Lt. promo. So off-putting was that experience (made worse because of the freshly enforced no-discount rule) that I haven't returned to that store since.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401
    The last BF sale for VIP invitees was pretty lame (although I did enjoy the AFOL aspect). TLG is on a roll...why would anyone expect better deals on a May the 4th sale?
    Dougout

The last BF sale for VIP invitees was pretty lame (although I did enjoy the AFOL aspect). TLG is on a roll...why would anyone expect better deals on a May the 4th sale?

3x VIP points was nothing to sneeze at to me, no sure if that was 'US only' though
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    so the UK offer is for April 28th-May4th...and US is May 3-5, MAYBE this time the S/h wont be crashing all the time
  • emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 78
    Somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know if you still get VIP points on an order if you use VIP points on the same order? (ex. You get 15% off $200 to make your order $170 and then use $20 in VIP points, would you then get VIP points on the remaining $150 you spend?)
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 57
    emmtwosix said:

Somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know if you still get VIP points on an order if you use VIP points on the same order? (ex. You get 15% off $200 to make your order $170 and then use $20 in VIP points, would you then get VIP points on the remaining $150 you spend?)

Yes
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,781

^ It has to be $75 in Star Wars.

That's what the rules say every year, but a few years ago I bought a fair few marvel sets and got a TC-14 with every order.

DadYodalicious
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    You said it worked online buying a non starwars item to get a figure because they won't in they stores or at least the last time I tired. I want the guy but not really any starwars sets.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 928
    In past years getting a "mix" of product lines has always worked for me, in-store or online.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401

3x VIP points was nothing to sneeze at to me, no sure if that was 'US only' though

Yeah...3X was good. To clarify, I was more referring to sales on individual sets. But I would be satisfied with 3X VIP points for SW sets on May the 4th...
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257

However the "Star Wars only" rule might apply in-store. I clearly recall the whack store manager at South Coast tried to enforce it on me last year during the Clone Lt. promo. So off-putting was that experience (made worse because of the freshly enforced no-discount rule) that I haven't returned to that store since.

I can confirm this online as well. The Clone Lt. would only add online with $50 (NOT $49.99!) in SW. So it can be done. And if it is I probably won't be shopping on the Fourth.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,781
    edited April 2014
    Online you have the best chance. Put something in your basket non-SW above the spending threshold and see if the freebie adds to your basket. In previous years it has. If it won't, try adding something SW and cheap, like a keyring.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Be mindful that with the WV promo, even though it was added to your online cart, because the purchase wasn't strictly eligible for the freebie (duplicate orders), it was removed manually. It would therefore not surprise me if the odd promo was removed from orders not meeting the advertised criteria prior to shipping.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    will we get any better deals than listed below:
    #75019 was/is at permanent sale price of $66 RRP: $89.99
    #75021 BF price of $79 RRP: 119.99
    #75025 toysrus sale $73 RRP: 89.99
    #7965 been out for long enough. i am sure it was available for decent sale year/two ago.
    #75020 permanent sale price of $88-$90 RRP:119.99
    #75005 also who ever wanted has one.. :)
    #10240 target had it for Buy one get 1 40% off thing.

that leaves:
    #10221 <= accumulation of this set has already started. is that in anticipation of retirement?

based on these it looks like if there is any sale @ US it would be #10240 :). target tried to unload it rather unsuccessfully @ 20% off.. lets see if we get better discount on this!.

edited April 2014
    me also thinks
    #75013 will see most likely see bigger discount.
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    edited April 2014
    ^ and ^^ That Umbaran thing ( #75013 ) seems too weird to me. I think it has been on sale by mistake from some retailers (target?) I almost got it on that sale for pieces/part count but passed. I might pass again if indeed it gets a [email protected] discount.

With respect to the #10240 x-wing, wasn't that a flash sale? Or something that could only be combined with the Orthanc set which was OOS during the whole target sale? I kind of remember narrowly missing my chance to buy it at 20 off and I think many people who wanted it missed it, in other words, I think that the x-wing has much more demand than say the B-wing which got a big discount, x-wing will be (exactly?) a year old come may the 4th, I don't think it will get anything more than a 15%, if anything, off.

The only big thing I am hopeful will get a 15% off (or more) is the SSD, lets hope I am wrong and we get more stuff on sale. Also if SDD does get a sale I predict the supply will fly of the shelves (and virtual shelves) super quick as there are still plenty of heavy investors/resellers who can drop money on multiple copies of it.
    edited April 2014
    ^
    i missed #75013 as well. targets around my area where it was OOS during that period now has restocked. This leads me to believe that its a set that is around in abundance and harder to move. hence, my prediction that it would see higher discount @ both LEGO as well as target.

with regard to #10240 it was available for more than 3-4 days at target. while orthanc set went OOS. for those investors would have easily bought 2X#10240 and received 20% off each + other discounts.

another reason i am leaning toward this set to be discounted is, last Black friday it was the only set available from Toys R Us when every other exclusive sold out { during the period when they were giving out #9495 and #7347} :)

it may just be that because no one is buying this since #9493 (smaller version of similar craft) might be deemed better value.. on another thought i would have a whole squardon of it. 49*4 for one #10240 LOL :P ... yeah for that matter i would only need 1 red 5 leader (#10240) and multiple #9493 ... :)
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    There is the LEGO Poster.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited April 2014
    ^^^^^^ It's been requested multiple times in the past, but perhaps include set names as well as numbers when posting lists like that.
    red5jamiestPitfall69FollowsClosely
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    ^ Well it's not that hard to click on the link and check out the sales and deals section. Unless one is getting paid to provide information then please don't expect them to put in the effort.
    Milne44JamesJTDougoutemmtwosix
  • addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118

There is the LEGO Poster.

Holy crap is that a sillouette of them fighting on Bespin? Cloud City remake possible??

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    mathew said:

^ Well it's not that hard to click on the link and check out the sales and deals section. Unless one is getting paid to provide information then please don't expect them to put in the effort.

I think he was referring to starwarfan77's list consisting of model numbers only.
    Pitfall69
    edited April 2014
    ^^^ No it's not hard to click, but it's inconvenient, and I'm really only saying that I, in my extreme lazy manner, will look at a post like that and say "Yeah that's a list he's making points on sets I have to click on a bunch and open new tabs just to understand the context I suddenly don't care anymore next."

I say this not to say "hey, it's good to do this because it's convenient," but more "hey, it's good to do this because more people will actually read what you wrote and latch onto what you're saying without having to have 10 extra tabs open to cross reference."
    jamiestteal93mr2yys4ulego007
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479

will we get any better deals than listed below:
    #75025 toysrus sale $73 RRP: 89.99

$66-ish at TRU this week (or so says the TRU email I got this morning). I may have to bite on this, given that it's a TRU exclusive, and I do really like the ship.

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    JamesJT said:
    Even the sale prices seem ridiculous from a U.S. perspective. Feel bad for Bricksters down under.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,073
    Sale in Germany is live, almost everything (except Sandcrawler and "Stuff" like magnets) is 15% off, incl. the UCS sets and the current wave (not the upcoming summer wave).

^^^ No it's not hard to click, but it's inconvenient, and I'm really only saying that I, in my extreme lazy manner, will look at a post like that and say "Yeah that's a list he's making points on sets I have to click on a bunch and open new tabs just to understand the context I suddenly don't care anymore next."

I say this not to say "hey, it's good to do this because it's convenient," but more "hey, it's good to do this because more people will actually read what you wrote and latch onto what you're saying without having to have 10 extra tabs open to cross reference."

I think it's interesting that people will write out posts that take 10x as long as it would to actually click on the link.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    edited April 2014
    addemlit said:

Holy crap is that a sillouette of them fighting on Bespin? Cloud City remake possible??

I didn't pick up on the poster as being significant to a potential product release, but it would certainly be just the greatest surprise reveal if they suddenly said: "Tadaaah! New Cloud City"

My personal holy grail is a Cloud City playset created 'in-the-round' so to speak, kinda' donut shaped, featuring all key sequences/room locations linked by corridors/stairs/doorways as the donut, with the 'you are my father' bit extending from the donut into/over the centre hole. (It's not easy to describe the design I have in my head).
    pharmjodtiminchicago
  • MolicanMolican GermanyMember Posts: 29
    I am quite disappointed on what is on sale in Germany... You can get the 15% on nearly all of these sets ( including #10221, #10188, #10225, #10240, even #10236 ) whole year round. The only set I might buy to get the minifig is #75025. The offers are quite ridiculous, you also get most of the smaller sets cheaper even at amazon.de. Meh.
    I just wonder if here in the states we'll see Amazon and others sneak in some deals on exclusives. Gift cards and such.
    mathew said:

I think it's interesting that people will write out posts that take 10x as long as it would to actually click on the link.
    You think it's interesting that people will bother to actually communicate in a lucid manner, using words to help get their point across on a...forum?
    FollowsClosely
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 871
    Diggydoes said:

Sale in Germany is live, almost everything (except Sandcrawler and "Stuff" like magnets) is 15% off, incl. the UCS sets and the current wave (not the upcoming summer wave).

Yep, seeing the same in the UK... 15% on some of the new sets is ok but not inspiring, not sure many of them have been at a big discount here yet and with VIP points and freebie it's just about worth it for me.

Any bets on further discounts or "flash" sale as we get to May. 4th itself?
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    edited April 2014
    On UK [email protected] sales & deals page it says 60 items in the sale, but when I go on to page 2 it says on 54 items are in the sale. DS, SSD, R2 and XWing all vanish. Which other 2 sets go missing?
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    I noticed that, but when you click on the missing sets the discount is still showing, I don't know which two are missing.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,402
    One of the sets that is missing is #10236 Ewok Village. The only set I would have considered buying but only with discount.
    monkeyhanger
    Seems you have to spend £50+ online in the UK to get Darth Ravan, the poster seems to be added with pretty much anything though.
    edited April 2014
    Hmm. yep. I've had a good snoop around the [email protected] site, trying to find something worth picking up, but just can't find anything much to make it worthwhile (for me). If i were a marketing exec it would bother me a little bit (people wanting to part with money, but finding the range too lacklustre (for want of a better word) as i'm probably not alone).
    As a mainly OT fan, most of what I might consider has been cheaper elsewhere (15% and VIP included), and it struck me there are virtually no decent, new, mid-range OT sets at all (if any) to go for. Would have been ideal time to release the Cantina to suck in that OT money.

However, it is a perfect opportunity for anyone looking to pick up the Death Star though.

edit: I've also noticed the items/page numbering is on the blink, with stuff vanishing.
    I guess its E Bay for Darth Ravan then. Wouldn't be so bad if it was £50 of anything not just starwars.

Even the X Wing is £49.99, just about the only model not on sale. You get the feeling its like a clearout sale to make some room for all the new models due out soon.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,355
    I don't ever expect to get anything on sale, but if I do, it is a great bonus. Yes, 15% isn't that great, but it's 15% + VIP points and a free Darth Revan. He can't be any worse than Hoth Han; right @y2josh?

Hopefully, Lego won't enforce the 1 per household "rule" for Darth Revan.
    edited April 2014
    ^ Oh yes, I'm not bemoaning the discount so much, more there's nothing i really want/can afford.

The T&Cs small print on the UK website seems to just say one poster per household now, and doesn't mention revan like it did on the postcard flyer. So multiple figs looks to be possible, if you're making multiple orders.
    Pitfall69
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Pitfall69 said:

I don't ever expect to get anything on sale, but if I do, it is a great bonus. Yes, 15% isn't that great, but it's 15% + VIP points and a free Darth Revan. He can't be any worse than Hoth Han; right @y2josh?

Hopefully, Lego won't enforce the 1 per household "rule" for Darth Revan.

He's not quite as amazing Hoth Han, but he's definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the May the 4th promos. I think Bastila or Thrawn would have been the only other figs I might have been more excited for.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ Per Disney, we are no longer allowed to talk about those. ;o)
    Pitfall69y2joshpharmjod
    Molican said:

I am quite disappointed on what is on sale in Germany... You can get the 15% on nearly all of these sets ( including #10221, #10188, #10225, #10240, even #10236 ) whole year round. The only set I might buy to get the minifig is #75025. The offers are quite ridiculous, you also get most of the smaller sets cheaper even at amazon.de. Meh.

Still a bit miffed that this Exclusives ban only seems to occur in the US.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259

Molican said:

Still a bit miffed that this Exclusives ban only seems to occur in the US.
    Probably because the US already has the lowest priced Lego :)

I mentioned it before but one reason for stopping discounting of Exclusives in the US may have partly been to stop over seas buyers & resellers.

Previous to the ban just about all my exclusives were purchased from OS, now I buy very little Lego from OS, yes the lower AU dollar hasn't helped but 2 things happened last year, first the ban on exclusives in the US and the AU pricing of most sets became a little more competitive.

Here in Australia, 97% of all Lego sets can be had for close to 25% off or better. One of our large department stores that carry a good selection of Lego has 20% off + an extra 10%. a number of times a year, this works out at 28% off. They also run B2G1Free as well. Assuming they get the Sandcrawler, it would come down to $324AUD or $301.27 USD at 28% off, so basically the same price. If I have to pay the full $299.99 from the US adding postage kills the deal.

The SSD (Which I just purchased in the current May 4th sale for $595AUD :o) was one that was still worth getting from amazon.com as it could be delivered for $505AUD until about a week ago when it went out of stock :( At least with [email protected] I get 5% VIP plus the Darth Raven fig which I will give a value of $20 so this will bring it down to $545, in my mind anyway :P.

• msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    The discounts aren't very good in my opinion. Smyths in the UK run 20% off a couple of times a year and this includes the Death Star, SSD, Ewok Village and other big sets that they carry (Simpsons House, Batman Arkham Asylum). I'm pretty sure that on Black Friday, the X-wing (#10240) was 15-20% off with another 10% off that you could stack.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    OK, I just found it. It was 10% off with another 10% off for purchase over £100 in the UK:

http://brickset.com/article/8689/it-s-brick-friday!