Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Creating a Lugnet account

StuckTogetherStuckTogether Member Posts: 42
edited April 2014 in Everything else LEGO
I created a Lugnet account 3 days ago, but never got a response, or a password - is this normal?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,359
    I suspect so, the site is effectively dead.
    Pitfall69
  • StuckTogetherStuckTogether Member Posts: 42
    great :( - I was creating an account to use some features in Peeron
    Peeron is also dead :)

I'd stick with Brickset and Rebrickable, which between then surpass the features at Lugnet and Peeron and, most importantly, are continually updated.
    Pitfall69caperberrySirKevbags
  • StuckTogetherStuckTogether Member Posts: 42
    Thanks - that saves me wasting more time
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,310
    Huw said:

I'd stick with Brickset and Rebrickable, which between then surpass the features at Lugnet and Peeron and, most importantly, are continually updated.

Can I "like" this 1000 times?

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    Huw said:

Only for the next week though ...

http://brickset.com/article/10745/mattel-acquires-key-adult-lego-fan-sites-to-convert-afols-to-afoms

Yes, I know it's a joke. :-)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,192
    Peeron may be dead, but I still find it useful for scans of instructions. Unless rebrickable has these I do not know of many other sites with scans of old instructions (LEGO only has newer sets, not 20 yr old sets)
    I think Huw is saying that Peeron isn't updating their website, so you will have the older scans, but that's it. I know Peeron doesn't have all instructions, so nobody is going to be able to add any as well.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,379
    ^ Google was blocking that site up to a few months ago saying they had known virus issues. I'm glad to see they got that fixed.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Links for mocs (including a giant earth), old set software, and all kinds of goodies here. Thanks!

• 19741974 Member Posts: 138
    http://letsbuilditagain.com/ is also a decent resource
  • tsitsi Member Posts: 34
    1974 said:

http://letsbuilditagain.com/ is also a decent resource

not really. looks like it uses copies of the scans of brickfactory.info

• 19741974 Member Posts: 138
    I haven't checked that but I do know there's some peerron scans there. However, brickfactory.info's layout is made of 100% suck
    ^ true that...
    Word son