Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars Death Star comparison - I vs II - 10143 vs 10188

joking_badjoking_bad Member Posts: 4
Display? Price? Play? Thoughts?

Comments

• joking_badjoking_bad Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone own one or both of them? I was thinking of buying them...
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Well they're two different animals really, 10143 is more a display piece whereas 10188 is more of a playset although it does display well too. 10143 you'll have to get on the re-sale market, so eBay, bricklink etc.. For a new in box version you'll be talking significantly above original RRP, 10188 is still available on shop.lego.com and you might be able to pick it up cheap with the forthcoming 'May the 4th' promotion.
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    I own both and they are both great display sets. They also display well next to each other, as they are the same diameter. Obviously 10188 has immense play potential as well if you have kids. But as stated above 10143 will set you back a fair amount now as its long since retired.
    drdavewatford
  • joking_badjoking_bad Member Posts: 4
    Cheers guys!!
    What price do you think 10143 should be purchased at. Used and nib?
    Some prices on ebay is ridiculously high.
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Well that's all down to how much you want it and how much money you have. You can see the average market price here: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10143-1 so you can work out to some degree whether you're getting a good deal or not.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    Wow! Didn't realise that this set had increased in value so much (picked mine up on sale just before it went EOL).