Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,698
    Spending a second night in the hospital with my four year old after he had his appendix out. We built Rogons Rock Flinger and Braptors Wing Striker today and that has cheered him up quite a bit.
    LegoboyYodaliciousSirKevbags
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    ^ wishing a speedy recovery.
    Bumblepants
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    @Briking‌ I placed two orders on 9th for some of my London Bus pieces, the seller from Germany was brilliant, invoiced, paid and shipped within 24hrs, I even got feedback. The other seller from the US, after messaging them a reminder, finally sent an invoice today... :( I understand things happen, but when your eager to get your order, it seems ages to wait lol.

I just ordered finally the VW T1 Camper Van and the Emerald Express. I can't wait to get it.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Bumblepants, hope your son is feeling better now. LEGO sounds like a great way to pass time / distract him from the pain ;)
    Bumblepants
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    12 out of 17 BL orders now received. Unfortunately 1 piece in one of them arrived in two parts. Waiting to hear how seller wants to proceed. The other 5 orders have all shipped.

Lego PAB order is due for delivery tomorrow and Lego replacement parts order has shipped, so my CC is coming closer.
    I am picking my Monster Fighters Lego x4

Ghost Train
    Werewolf
    Hearse
    The Mummy

I can't wait.
  • pastelnerdpastelnerd Member Posts: 34
    Sick today. Time to play with my Minifigures!
    I have just done...
    the Mummy
    The Werewolf

Still have the other two to go.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    I have never in my LEGO-loving life been as busy as I am now. My Arkham Asylum set arrived on Monday, and I am currently only about three-quarters of the way through building the van (having poured all the pieces into a single pile). Still, I'm glad that the build will last a while.
    Just discovered that the 2nd piece in the BL problem-order was mangled as well :-( It's the door for the front corner and the inverse stud (what is the right terminology?) at the bottom of the right-hand side is bent at 30 degrees.
    edited April 2014
    Recovering from a mixture of sudden fright, panic, relief, then shock at 'has it come to this?'.

Why, you ask? Well...

I found a note on my desk detailing my hobbit videogame pre-order, and suddenly a wave of panic spread... 'Oh my god, this should have arrived last week! I'd better chase this up... i hope it didn't get left outside and stolen... oh'.

Right beside the note sits that very videogame, with Bilbo minifig BUILT and standing on it. Suddenly Bilbo's quizzical expression made perfect sense, and i felt sufficiently foolish.

Yes, it has come to that. I can't remember what i've bought.
    BumblepantsLego_StarcarlqGothamConstructionCoGuroooLegobutterfly
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,057
    ^ Even with his (Bilbo's) lovely shiney arms too? ; D
    legomatt
    ^ I know... Remembering that I'd posted about how great the fig is was particularly embarrassing. If anyone sees a brain wandering about looking a bit lost, and confused, it's probably mine.
    carlqGothamConstructionCoGuroooLegobutterfly
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I'll try not to step on it :oP
    JennilegomattGothamConstructionCocarlqGurooo
  • fatmui11fatmui11 Member Posts: 4
    Watching the mini modular for 2 hours !
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,464
    I am King of Lego today.....:)
    Having just built my Castle and Dragon Mountain.
    Jenni
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    What's it doing? :-)
    I have 5 Brick Link orders waiting to come. I only have two more parts left to order for my. London Bus now, but I couldn't get them on Brick Link :-( I thought you could get anything?

Oh well now I have to trawl through evilbay to see if they have it and I know it will cost a fortune to get them.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    ^what are you looking for? I know of a certain community "cough brickset cough" that always likes to help out. :)
    rancorbait

^what are you looking for? I know of a certain community "cough brickset cough" that always likes to help out. :)

Lol ok I have just looked there is one I cannot get from Bricklink. So if anyone has any spares, I'd love to pay for these and postage to Australia

#3046 Red 2x2 double concave 45' slope brick. I only need 2 of these, then I have everything to complete this bus.

The closer it gets to my birthday the more my LEGO obsession grows.
    Legoboy
    Woke to find I've received a refund on the mangled BL order, which is nice. Time to search BL again for the 2 missing pieces...
    Legoboy
  • legonickblegonickb Brighton, UKMember Posts: 57
    Just finished reading Brick by Brick: How LEGO rewrote the rules of innovation & conquered the global toy industry by Dave Robertson & Bill Breen

A really interesting book, though very business based but it did give me good insight into the company
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547

Lol ok I have just looked there is one I cannot get from Bricklink. So if anyone has any spares, I'd love to pay for these and postage to Australia

#3046 Red 2x2 double concave 45' slope brick. I only need 2 of these, then I have everything to complete this bus.

I checked my inventory and don't have any to send. but I do see them available on bricklink under 3046a and 3046b if that's what you are looking for.

I checked my inventory and don't have any to send. but I do see them available on bricklink under 3046a and 3046b if that's what you are looking for.

Thank you so much for that. I have just ordered the two I need. On my list it doesn't have an a or b on it, so annoying. But thanks again, my London Bus is now complete for the build, but I can't get the stickers. I got a quote from someone but it was a lot more than I thought, so I might have to save up for that.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,392
    @legonickb‌ - I'm ready the book now. It seems to me that it is valid through 2011 but several changes Lego has made in the last couple of years that are giving me the impression that they are getting a little to big for their britches. A bit egotistical. They need a good smackdown because they act as though they learned from their down years.
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    Getting ready to build #10197 fire brigade with my boy. Then tomorrow heading to cardiff lego store.
    ^ Enjoy the build!
    Hob
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,698
    ^^ Just finished mine today. Such a fun build. I am officially hooked on Modulars now. Also ended up with a duplicate bag with the window frames in stage 2. Gotta love bonus Lego.
    Hoblegomatt
    Stopped half way through time for bed. Loving it so far. I got hook on Mods and have most of them now, apart from Hotel and Green grocer (was in dark age when they came out) just need Cinema and Restaurant, am going to Lego shop tomorrow so never know what i may come back with.
    Bumblepants
  • FrothyCoffeeManFrothyCoffeeMan Member Posts: 46
    90% of the way through the #10188 Death Star, absolutely awesome build with such great detail.
    Very happy bunny
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I'm so stuffed full of Easter eggs I don't think I can build anything!
    carlqFrothyCoffeeManGothamConstructionCo
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,371
    My daughter and I started building a new set :)
    CupIsHalfEmptyrancorbaitJenniaimlesspursuitscarlqlegonut80GothamConstructionCoLegobutterfly
    @Pitfall69‌ ghee she is very pretty. Plus I noticed the Skittles next to her...yum. What are you building?
    Thank you. Aubrie takes after her mother ;)

We are building the Parisian Restaurant.
    My other daughter Alayna is a tad bit young for Lego. She rather eat them than build anything with them.
    rancorbaitSirKevbags
    You can tell they are sisters :-) their mother must be beautiful. Your very lucky to have someone who likes Lego too, she looks like she is concentrating very hard. I have two out of four of my kids (the oldest being 32 and the youngest is 17) who love Lego as much as me.
    Pitfall69
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    A very generous Bricksetter (main site) has given Fairy Bricks "a few spares" from his collection. Collected this morning in a secret location by someone using the code name Grey Squirrel
    StormKittyLaGriffePitfall69TheBrickLaddGothamConstructionCoBrickDancercarlqbrickedinLegobutterfly
    Just got back from a nice day out in Cardiff and came back with the following:

#10232 Cinema
    #70810 Sea cow (wasn't too sure abiut this set then i saw it in the front window and had to have it)
    #40110 Savings bank
    #60057 City Camper
    #70808 Movie cycle chase
    #70803 Cloud cuckoo land
    #76009 Superman zod escape
    #40086 Easter bunny
    #40085 Love heart bear.

Much poorer but many more bricks and minfigs.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I'm pleased my son was happy to find LEGO instead of candy in his Easter egg hunt eggs. I think he was a bit confused at first, but once he realized there was an entire set (#60042) hidden in bits around the house, he became pretty motivated.
    klatu003Legobutterfly
    edited April 2014
    Just looked at my profile page and saw it had (at time of writing) exactly 1000 likes. Ooooh. In my imagination there are now little bells and whistles going off and balloons falling from the ceiling with 'Congratulations on winning the internet' written on them. (Through my less-than-scientific research, i.e. briefly looking at a few recent posts, I suspect @TheLoneTensor may have been the 1000th thumb, so have one of my imaginary balloons to take home).

...suddenly my imaginary self is looking back at me with an air of disdain, having realised I could've pictured myself instead flanked by beautiful women handing over a cheque for £1000. Balloons? it scowls, Balloons!?! Next time, think of women and cash!

:oP
    scrumperGothamConstructionCocarlqGuroooLegobutterfly
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    Congratulations @legomatt‌! You now have 1001 likes.
    The cheque is in the post.
    legomattpastelnerd
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    My Maersk ship came today! :)
    Building it on May 1st, a public holiday here.
    Ah, that's interesting. Still shows 1K after @scrumper thumbed. I guess that means it might've already been 1K before yesterday. Oh well, I'm having that imaginary balloon party anyway! Wooooh.
    :o)
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCocarlq
    I now have my VW Camper Van and Emerald Express coming hopefully next week. I just bought my very first Modular...the Mini Modular. I can't wait.
    Just finished #10197 fire brigade. Wow what a build, really wanna start the next modular building but can't yet.

I always worry about the bits left over at the end of a build. One or two isn't a problem but i got about 12 or so pieces left after this build. I have gone back and looked to see if i missed any obvious bits but none i can see.

Next build will be the #10220 VW camper van, my boy's request.
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @Hob leftover pieces are a problem only if they're big, if they're all 1x1 tiles, plates and wedges you're OK.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    edited April 2014
    The biggest giveaway for me re leftover pieces is when I have multiple of one element from an individual bag. If I have two of anything leftover from a single bag it usually suggests I've not included them somewhere.
    Got #76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase for my birthday. I was hoping for more Marvel sets but who doesn't love the Batmobile?
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Just picked up a near complete #7735 Freight Train from a charity shop for a bargain. Always fancied that set as a kid so well happy :-)