Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

10244 Fairground Mixer

Comments

• BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    The real question is, will we get a new Lego element. Maybe a little Lego spew, it's what every fairground ride needs.

• ghostmindghostmind Member Posts: 14

When GRogall on eurobricks posts about the next modular, then I'll believe it. Until then, all is merely speculation. While I haven't been into lego all that long, I have learned that rumor and speculation amongst AFOLs is almost as popular as actually building something. And, that isn't a bad thing. It's all great for discussion and debate amongst all of us. There's fun in that, too.

Then you will have a long wait.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,115
    I'd have said that printed spewing faces/splatters are more likely, although maybe a couple of vomit coloured flat round 1x1s and a recoloured ice cream part or two? :-P

I think the idea of a 'modular' fairground is interesting, getting all the parts to build a really good fairground in one shot would be madly expensive. This in mind I could completely understand TLG having a modular building range and a seperate modular fairground range, the two don't have to be connected just because they involve the word modular. If they were to do modular fair ground rides I wouldn't have thought they would abandon the modular buildings to justify doing it.
    The main thing that I can see people taking issue with the term modular being used in the fairground is how easy it would be to get a nice connected layout for the fairground, so I can understand the skepticism at the use of the term modular but it's still plausible enough to be possible.
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    What does modular mean? You can clip different models together, or you can lift the tops off and peek inside?

Or both?

Is The Simpsons House modular?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356

What does modular mean? You can clip different models together, or you can lift the tops off and peek inside?

Or both?

Is The Simpsons House modular?

Both. Each floor is a module and each modular Building is supposed to be joined together to form a block.

The Simpsons House is actually modular playset. It is like HH combined with a Modular Building. You can lift off the roof to to see what's inside, remove the garage, and open it up like the HH. The HH is more like a dollhouse. I haven't tried to put the HH amongst the Modulars, but how will you open it up?

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    ^ Are we going to be presented with a pink Simpsons House in the same way we were a Not-so-Haunted House?
    Pitfall69
    1265 said:

Pitfall69 said:

That's not why I don't think HH goes with the Modulars. It doesn't go because it isn't a Modular Building, plain and simple. Also, in my lifetime, I have never seen a Victorian Home/Mansion in the middle of a city setting, with city buildings adjacent to it. Victorian Architecture, but not a Victorian home.

Lego building and landscapes does need to conform and/or represent what's normal, but it's all about innovation. You don't see people say, "I have never seen" a martian so I won't purchase the set.
    I think that the HH is one of the greatest sets TLG ever produced, so I don't get where you are going with this?

Legoboy said:

^ Are we going to be presented with a pink Simpsons House in the same way we were a Not-so-Haunted House?

Don't tempt me. Although, there are a lot of pastel colors inside the Simpsons House.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    Pitfall69 said:

That's not why I don't think HH goes with the Modulars. It doesn't go because it isn't a Modular Building, plain and simple. Also, in my lifetime, I have never seen a Victorian Home/Mansion in the middle of a city setting, with city buildings adjacent to it. Victorian Architecture, but not a Victorian home.

Holdout homes!
    https://ephemeralnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/smushedinwashingtonhts1.jpg?w=450&h=303
    1265andhe
    How long did it take you to dig up this photo?It is probably a Historical Landmark and thus, can't be torn down. What a piece of junk!!! It looks horrible sitting between two buildings. I rest my case.

I've never seen Bigfoot, but I'm sure someone will dig up a photo. And...GO!!!

Anyway, after talking to my cousin, who is a Historical Restoration Architect, he said there are plenty of places like this around. Although, he said your picture is a poor example. So, I stand corrected. I'm man enough to admit it :)
    1265tamamahm
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,655
    I will only get it if it is a UCS Mixer Fairground Attraction with a plaque.
    Pitfall69
    ^Hahahaha
    edited April 2014
    @klatu003

I have some heavy reading to do, so until next time :)
    klatu003Legoboy
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    Pitfall69 said:

How long did it take you to dig up this photo?

"victorian house urban holdout" Google image - pretty fast
    Pitfall69 said:

Anyway, after talking to my cousin, who is a Historical Restoration Architect, he said there are plenty of places like this around. Although, he said your picture is a poor example. So, I stand corrected. I'm man enough to admit it :)

"never" always tempts rebuttal. Although I don't think I will be putting my HH on the street with the Modular Buildings. I'm crushed that your cousin thinks my example is poor. :-(

I agree with others that a Mixer would be fun, but a disappointment if it takes the release spot of another Modular Building to expand our city layouts.
    YellowcastlepharmjodFollowsClosely
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    jackson05 said:

^ It was a joke, in a Jar Jar Binks kind of way, "How rude".

Thats what you get for quoting an Idiot ;)
    FollowsClosely
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/exclusives.html
    Looks like he has the Mini listed along with the 'Fair in the city!'
    Also the mini is listed as Late November and the Santa Workshop :D
  • KleiovousKleiovous UKMember Posts: 95
    Which leaves the mystery of the May exclusive release unanswered- perhaps the general Simpsons sets? Hopefully not a minecraft monstrosity.
    The next Minecraft won't be for another couple of months I don't think.
    LegoManiacc
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    I seem to have read the rumour somewhere that there will be a second carnival ride themed exclusive set coming out in 2015. My bet is on this becoming a separate modular 'theme'.
    TXLegoguy
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 613
    #10244 LEGO Creator Fairground Mixer
    to be revealed tomorrow and available June 1st!

credit: akunthita/ The Brick Blogger via BL
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,421
    Screw sources. I think we should speculate on how well this set should do in the aftermarket and keep everyone happy.
    brickupdateFollowsClosely
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    We're not actually due another modular yet are we anyway? Isn't it just the PR for 2014?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,390
    Well it's tomorrow in 5 mins time... or will I have to wait until morning?
    http://brickset.com/sets/10244-1/Carnival-Set

Interesting, look at the 'Subtheme'.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    So if true, with a June 1 release date that could mean available May 15 to VIPs. Assuming this is the May 15 surprise set?
    ^^ I don't think that means anything now ;-)
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    12 minifigures?!
    Matthew said:

^^ I don't think that means anything now ;-)

Just playin'. When did it get added to the database out of interest?

11th April (as it says in the change log...)
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,788
    edited April 2014
    @Paperballpark, You have to wait until 7:30 AM GMT. :D
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    edited April 2014
    Well it's here:

I am disappointed to be honest. The set looks more like a City set than anything in the style of the modular line to me, and it is not up to the standard of the Winter Village Market in my opinion.
    Poochypharmjodvitreolumdougts
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited April 2014
    Wow that is pretty nasty compared to my expectation. If it all folds down to just a truck then that could be impressive but even so not at the level I was hoping for.

• arl100arl100 Member Posts: 35
    Well, it's unusual to say the least. Definitely not my cup of tea.
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    Im dissapointed, it looks like some starter creator set, not creator exclusive range
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    Just watched the inventors you tube clip. At first glance in the pictures it didn't inspire me. Having watched the clip it looks pretty cool. It all fits on two trucks and can have motor functions added easily.
    TXLegoguy
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^^^ Someone's jumping the gun there...
    10244 Fairground Mixer unveiled!

Posted by Matthew, 26 Apr 2014 03:30

LEGO has just unveiled the exclusive set 10244: Fairground Mixer, in Australia.

The next model in the Creator Expert series, it will be available directly from LEGO from the beginning of June 2014.

Here's the press release:

10244 Fairground Mixer

1,746 Pieces, US $149.99 - CA $179.99 – AU $199.99 - DE 129.99€ - UK £119.99 - DK 1,199.00 DKK

Climb aboard the LEGO Fairground Mixer and hold onto your hat! Unfold the awesome Fairground Mixer, turn the crank and see it come to life! The fair has come to town and children and adults alike can’t wait to try the rides. Buy your ticket from the ticket booth and climb aboard the Mixer. Then try reaching the golden bell on the high striker or hit the target to plunge the dunk tank lady into the water. As evening falls, the swirling Mixer ride glows in the darkness, before being folded down onto its own trailer for transportation to the next town. This magical fairground is packed with wonderful details that will capture everyone’s imagination.

Includes 12 minifigures: a juggling man on stilts, dunk tank lady, strong man challenger, ticket lady, truck driver/ride operator, 2 women, 2 girls, 2 boys and a queasy man who tried the mixer one too many times. Enjoy the magical atmosphere of the fairground with the LEGO Fairground Mixer, packed with exciting features and imaginative details.

Includes 12 minifigures: a juggling man on stilts, dunk tank lady, strong man challenger, ticket lady, truck driver, ride operator, 2 women, 2 girls, 2 boys and a queasy man who tried the mixer one too many times
    Features working Fairground Mixer ride with crank operation, 2 transport trucks, high striker and dunk tank • Includes glow-in-the-dark elements
    Mixer truck has opening doors, windshield wipers and removable roof to access interior with bed and TV • Accessory truck holds ticket booth, high-striker and dunk tank
    Accessories include: ice cream, popsicle, lime green cherries, teddy bear, juggling pins and a large and small mallet for the high-striker
    Easily upgrade the Mixer ride with LEGO Power Functions motors (not included)
    Enjoy the fun of the fair!
    Includes over 1,700 pieces
    Fairground Mixer ride unfolded measures over 11” (30cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 12” (31cm) wide
    What do you think of it? It's certainly nice to have something new and different isn't it?

33 more images and the designer video are available on the 10244 set details page.
    TXLegoguy
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,390
    The pictures look uninspiring, but the video makes it look pretty cool.
    TXLegoguymnbvc
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    ^^^^^^^ I had a feeling there would be 12 minifigures!

TXLegoguy
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    Yep, Jamie is really excited about this set!
    LegoboyTXLegoguy

The pictures look uninspiring, but the video makes it look pretty cool.

Totally agree.
    LegoboythenosAdzbadboyTheBigLegoskiTXLegoguy
  • rmarkworthrmarkworth GermanyMember Posts: 77
    very cool!
    What a nice surprise when getting up early. :)

It looks as if there is a lot to play with this set, not so much a display set. What a pitty my kids are only into Star Wars :(
    That looks brilliant! And cheaper than I'd feared. That will be a day one purchase for sure.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    The video certainly does it more justice than the pictures, but overall I certainly let my expectations get the better of me; I had hoped that it might be more of a sibling to the Grand Carousel.

On its own merit, it does look like a nice set with great playability - if I was younger I'd be all over it. Also, the new 'impending vomit' minifig face is ingenius :) The PF option is nice too, I'm looking forward to seeing that in action if/when someone incorporates it into the set and posts a video.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Jamie's designs have traditionally been hit and miss for me, and I really don't know how I feel about this one. I think the model looks so lackluster because of the 'fold onto the trucks' functionality they went for. To that end, I think it's very impressive from a 'things it can do' point of view, but I'm having real trouble getting behind it from an 'aesthetically pleasing' standpoint.
    Yellowcastlelegomatt
    It's genius. Easy to pack away, great playability, lots of scope for modding and expansion.

I was getting a bit bored with the Expert line of big buildings or modulars. This is refreshing, and shows a lot of imagination and creativity.
    roxioTXLegoguy
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    The video really does a great job showing off the features. I love the glow in the dark shot at the end!
    TXLegoguy
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Great set. Even if you can't afford the Grand Carousel to pair with it, I think with some modifications of the WV Market, one could have a solid start to a large fairgrounds scene.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    edited April 2014
    Having watched the video and seen the pics beforehand, would have to agree that the pictures don't do the set a great deal of justice.

I think it's great how Jamie has managed to get everything to fold onto two trucks, very typical of a fairground ride. I also like how he's made it PF optional. Do like the new pieces too. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone mod this with some lights.

However, I just don't feel very excited about the set as a whole. Maybe it's because I haven't visited many fairgrounds. I like that LEGO are willing to try something different though.
    mnbvc