Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In the meantime, here's the desolation of the PaB wall at LLDC Texas this week. So sad.
Last I heard (about 2 weeks ago), a lot of the elements were out of stock, and there were only about 80 of the 270 possible elements that were available to order.
Don't know anymore then that but i'm kind of freaking out since I really have no clue when we are going(5-6 hour drive away + septic tank going out + dog vet visits = no vacation money at the moment) and I really need to see if they have logs, masonry, and 1x1 round tiles.
I think there's a few people I can ask online for help but first I need the money to do so since I've been spending money on organizing supplies and a few lego orders online(1 BL, 2 ebay) so i'm broke.
At least when i go there the do not.. Needless to say it is a bit popular.
Did they say if they'd still have space for regular, non-themed stuff? Or would it be all theme now? Any idea if they'll have a schedule released to the public of what themes are in what months?
I really want to look for logs, masonry, and round tiles and some other parts on the wall when we go. There's no lego store close to us so it's vacation time only and I can't go to the lego store when there's a theme that would have those parts(if they'd have them). Next vacation date that was is unknown due to unforeseen expenses.
I know that I can ask for someone to send me a cup with parts but the problem is that by the time I'd reimburse the person for the cost of the cup plus tax, shipping cost plus cost of box, and pay them for their time, it'll probably wind up being cheaper for me to just scoop up some of the parts on my next BL order then buy the rest on a separate order when I go to finish up my Wish list.
And also, I know that I can use BL to get the parts along with knocking out part of my wanted list(probably will) but I like the magic of going to the lego store and filling up a cup with my own 2 hands.
I know the term "magic" seems weird but i live hours from the closest lego store and only go about 1 X a year, currently 2 years since last visit and counting as off the 24th according to my VIP history. But when I walk into that store and see shelves of crisp clean sealed lego boxes, sets in their proper spot and a nice big PAB wall with really great parts; i'd have to call it magic.
About a million times better than last week (from a poor base), but still not the best it's been.
We were at Disneyland earler in the week, and their wall was 90% 2x4 bricks and the other 10% wasn't anything worth picking up, though there was a cheese wedge in a color I had never seen.
I have so many of the small pieces that are currently on the wall, I didn't even take the time to fill in the space between the pieces I bought today.
I did consider white flowers, and taking them off of the sprue. But my time is of some value. The only advantage of an almost empty PAB wall is that it is less crowded back in that area of the store. Usually as I am trying to pack my little tubs with stacked pieces I have to deal with kids running around and people trying to push their baby strollers through that narrow area.
The Austin store had the medium lavender 1x2 plates today. I bought some. There were some left a few hours ago, they may still be there.
What I need is a friend who works in the mall, who will take a photo of the PAB wall daily, and send it to me.
The other thread is http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/11262/the-lego-wall-new-site-for-tracking-pick-a-brick-pab/p1
I normally buy 1x4 and a similar technique works there.
Your math is spot on. My friend and I stacked 1x2 bricks in a large PaB cup several years back. We stacked them concentrically and fit 650 and 656 1x2 bricks. These 2 cups then filled/near filled 3 PaB cups.
I am a little surprised about the commonality across the globe these days, I was in Boston a couple of weeks ago (South Shore Plaza) and the mix was very similar to the UK - although I guess I shouldn't be surprised if they all come from the same place. My impression (may be just that) was that there was something of a difference a couple of years back.