Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures (CMF)

Comments

• addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    I live in Fremont. Let's see if I can find some
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    good luck that is the first time i saw yesterday afternoon, I went to Oakland, San Leandro Davis (even yesterday morning), Hesperian and Union City, within the last 10 days, only see the Hesperian has it last night before I grab my dinner at IN N Out
    addemlit said:

I live in Fremont. Let's see if I can find some

• DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Have any been found around the New England area in the US? I must collect these, they are the only CMFs I have had any real interest in, not that the others are bad.
  • mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 291
    How about Old England? Anyone spotted any in the UK yet?
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 83
    socal is the spot, been to three different walmarts and two of the three have had Simpsons mini figs.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Where in socal???
    Chino Hills and Glendora. @Gooker1‌ , where are you in socal?
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    Are the Simpsons CMF in the Lego aisle at WM?
    TXLegoguy
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    I hope I can find some in Texas soon.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    Just found a box at a local Walmart in Chattanooga, TN. There's about 5 or so stores within 15-20 miles. Searched each one and the last one had a box. They are pretty easy to feel for, went 16 for 16! :). Actually 17 for 17 cause my daughter wanted an extra Marge. I found all but Itchy (box was about 2/3rds full) but then I searched the aisle and there were about 10 other packs that were thrown all over the shelves and the first one I picked up was Itchy.
    UTtoyfan
    Cali, I am in west la. No luck yet
    @nelly. yes the the CMF Simpsons at Walmarts are in the lego aisles and on the end caps of the lego sections. Good Luck everyone...let me know if anybody finds them at Tareget stores and Toy R Us stores.

one more thing, i noticed the CMF Simpsons are $3.97 not $2.97, any news as why these figs are more than the regular figs and the "Movie" CMF's?
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    edited April 2014

*delete* double post
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

@nelly. yes the the CMF Simpsons at Walmarts are in the lego aisles and on the end caps of the lego sections. Good Luck everyone...let me know if anybody finds them at Tareget stores and Toy R Us stores.

one more thing, i noticed the CMF Simpsons are $3.97 not $2.97, any news as why these figs are more than the regular figs and the "Movie" CMF's?

the simpsons ones probably due to the license(arguably, some could call it being money hungry) and starting with #12 it'll still be 4 bucks a go due to the "game code" for the lego MMObut I think it's b/c lego is being money hungry pigs since there's no reason it should cost an entire buck extra for a game code.

I tagged out of the CMF game after realizing how much money I wasted on figures that I don't even need.

the simpsons ones probably due to the license(arguably, some could call it being money hungry) and starting with #12 it'll still be 4 bucks a go due to the "game code" for the lego MMObut I think it's b/c lego is being money hungry pigs since there's no reason it should cost an entire buck extra for a game code.

I tagged out of the CMF game after realizing how much money I wasted on figures that I don't even need.
    @ACWWGAL2011..yeah it sounds pretty reasonable why lego would raise the price on CMF's. makes sense, its all about the "MONEY!"..
  • Auron_ShaleAuron_Shale Member Posts: 4
    I don't know if it's been asked before, but has anyone seen them around the Chicago area?
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    None in San Fernando Valley :(
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited April 2014
    @califrsh78 Just found a full box at my TRU in NY tonight. $3.99 per, so no TRU tax since $3.99 is the new $2.99.

I grabbed 12 randomly and ended up with 9 different and 3 dupes. LEGO did such a great job with these, I really hope there will be more.
    chuckp said:

@califrsh78 Just found a full box at my TRU in NY tonight. $3.99 per, so no TRU tax since $3.99 is the new $2.99.

I grabbed 12 randomly and ended up with 9 different and 3 dupes. LEGO did such a great job with these, I really hope there will be more.

The first 2-4 weeks of new lego, they dont apply the TRU tax. Its usually that way online and in stores (my stores at least). My guess is they will be 4.99 by May or at least mid May since they are releasing so early (since the actual release date was May 1).
    Chuck, whats the 6 item # for the minifigs at tru?
    ^ Thanks for pointing that out. I guess that means I'll have to go back soon to get the rest. :)
    @Gooker1 My receipt doesn't have a 6-digit TRU number, only the upc. I will probably go back tomorrow and I'll see I can get it from a price scanner.
  • BigbadwolfeyBigbadwolfey Member Posts: 3
    Had a box at toys r us in lexington, Ky last night. Of course, I needed a set for a coworker, my daughter, and myself, so it is no longer there. Six bags had already been purchased by someone else. But I was able to get three full sets (except one Ralph short). There was one more Homer,Bart, Lisa, Maggie, and Flanders than other characters. Then again, I don't know what six were purchased by others. Easy to identify by touch (other than Ralph and Milhouse) who are very similar (including bump codes). The bump codes were slightly shifted to left which helped group them. With effort, could tell that Ralph's head is round like a ball. Milhouse's head is longer with a bump for a nose.
  • UTtoyfanUTtoyfan Member Posts: 14
    Just got 12 of these at the Walmart in Houston this morning. They are on sale this week for $2.97 as well!!
    TXLegoguyveign06
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 944
    I saw a partial box at my local WM here in GA. I decided if I could piece together a complete set, I would buy them, but only got 13 uniques out of the 26 available. Took a pass this time.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Found a full box at a TRU outside of Philly.
    Between myself, my two friends, and a random dad, it lasted about 5 minutes.
    Ended up with 10 of the the 16 and two duplicates.
    @Gooker1 I went back today to grab some more and got the 6-digit TRU item #. It's 085095 .
    OMG this is so frustrating why can't I find it in Los Angeles County.... Come on. Everybody is reporting sighting. It's still NADA over here!!!!!!
    legogregors
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Checked 2 TRUs and 3 Walmarts today - nada as well
    edited April 2014
    Boylego, where are you looking. I am in la too. Haha, no luck tho

Thanks chuckp!!!
    @Gooker1 : San Fernando Valley
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    byolego said:

San Fernando Valley

I always hear Peter Venkman whenever this place is mentioned. :o)
    GothamConstructionCoTheLoneTensor
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    If anyone has access to extra 2.97 walmart sale Simpsons CMFs, would you please consider picking them up. I would like to piece together full sets for the Charity challenge similar to Stormkitty in the UK but have not come across any. This would benefit Fairy Bricks and I would gladly provide cost, tax, shipping and... my eternal gratitude. Please PM me if you come across extras, I want them!

StormKitty
    Sell to you so you can sell higher for a charity? Lots of leg work. Lol
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    You missed the part about eternal gratitude???
    scrumper
    Ooooh, well that changes everything. :)
    UTtoyfan said:

Just got 12 of these at the Walmart in Houston this morning. They are on sale this week for $2.97 as well!!

Thanks for posting this! I just picked up 17 of them yesterday and I stopped in again today on the way home and got a price adjustment. Saved me nearly $20 after taxes :).

For any of the price increase complainers...search Walmarts now lol :)

UTtoyfan
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    edited April 2014
    Well, I have not read through the entire thread, but I thought I'd just add my theories to the mix here:

My local WM was unpacking the cardboard box that houses the 60-ct CMF box. There was a bright orange sticker on the box that says something like HOLD UNTIL MAY 1ST. Then I went to another Walmart and they said they do not have it, but have 60 coming. I mentioned that it may mean it's on the shelf in the back and they guy said, without checking that it's not possible. I asked them to look up if there are ANY elsewhere and the computer said no (I saw it myself). Lastly, both stores only show the 60-ct box that they were suppose to get. They told me that they do not know if they will get any more...

My theory: it is either truly not available because it's sold out already at many places, or the computer will not show ANY inventory until 5/1. Is it hype or is it really limited stock? I'm guessing that the initial run is limited, but probably will be more widely available after 5/1. Part of this theory is based on the fact that series 10 and series 11 ended up heavily discounted toward the end. I couldn't find them in the beginning, too, but ended up finding plenty right before the release of the next series. The Lego Movie CMFs were an exception to my theory. It's obvious that the movie helped the sales of this series. I'm not sure if it's the same for the Simpsons. Most of us AFOLs will buy them, but are the kids going to be begging their grandparents to buy them the Simpsons CMFs?

In any case, I think I'm going to stop wasting gas at WM and probably go visit the Lego store after 5/1 instead. The only thing I don't like about that is having kids, parents and employees staring at me as I molest the merchandise.

Question:

I have some questions about Minifigure Trading at Legoland. As advertised at my local Legoland, it seems that when there is a new release of CMF, that is what the employees will give out for trade. Can anyone give me some insight into this? My kids are a bit young, and most of my friends do NOT like going to the Legoland with their kids (it's too chaotic). I am going to go at some point, but I may consider going there sooner for some new CMFs.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,952
    Aren't there generally a number of other people at your Lego store feeling the CMF bags? The Lego store is the one place I never feel out of place doing that, especially during the first week of a release. Everyone is doing the same thing. If anything, I like being able to help a few people trying to find one.
    When it comes to checking minifigs, I don't care if people are watching. Plus I don't look like a total skeez doing it either, so I think it's okay. :)
    ^I only seen ONE person ever, doing that at my store... she was an old lady. She looked a little embarrassed. I thought it was rare enough and I walked over struck up a conversation. She was looking for the Scientist of Series 11 as a gift for her son. I told her I was looking for the Grandma but since I was watching my kids at the time, I'd have to look for it some other time. A few minutes later, while I was chasing the runaway toddler, the lady handed me the Grandma CMF. ^_^
    SquareSide
    Gooker1 said:

When it comes to checking minifigs, I don't care if people are watching. Plus I don't look like a total skeez doing it either, so I think it's okay. :)

Well, some employees are ok with me doing it, but one time, I guess I looked skeezy enough that the employee was following me around. I had to watch my daughter at the loose-bricks table. It was very crowded, so I do not have the line of sight. I grabbed a few with me so that I can stand watch over her. I've been to the store enough times now that some employees recognize me, but this guy was a new guy. I know he was doing his job, but really didn't make me feel any better.
    That sucks, but generally, when people see me feeling them, they ask what I'm doing, and I tell them, and they usually think it's pretty neat that I (and other AFOLs) can do that by just feeling them. And when I'm at the Lego store, I'm definitely not the only feeling them, and I always help out those who are looking for a specific. I think it's fun honestly. :)
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Our Walmart here is selling them for 2.97 to make up for not having any TLM figs in stock.
    Gooker1 said:

That sucks, but generally, when people see me feeling them, they ask what I'm doing, and I tell them, and they usually think it's pretty neat that I (and other AFOLs) can do that by just feeling them. And when I'm at the Lego store, I'm definitely not the only feeling them, and I always help out those who are looking for a specific. I think it's fun honestly. :)

@Cooker1. Where are you located in socal? What Wal-Mart's have you found the Simpson's mini figures?

My bad, Ikquote class="Quote" rel="califrsh78">
    Gooker1 said:

@Cooker1. Where are you located in socal? What Wal-Mart's have you found the Simpson's mini figures?

Mybad, I meant @Gooker1. .
    Lol, haven't found it ye in LA. Before, it was just general minifig talk.
  • rockyctrockyct Member Posts: 4
    busumoe1 said:

Well, I have not read through the entire thread, but I thought I'd just add my theories to the mix here:

Question:

I have some questions about Minifigure Trading at Legoland. As advertised at my local Legoland, it seems that when there is a new release of CMF, that is what the employees will give out for trade. Can anyone give me some insight into this? My kids are a bit young, and most of my friends do NOT like going to the Legoland with their kids (it's too chaotic). I am going to go at some point, but I may consider going there sooner for some new CMFs.

They give out whatever people trade to them so most of the minifigures they have to trade are not very special, but you may get lucky.

Legoland California does have the Simpsons minifigures available now and you can even buy sealed cases.
    Good to know! $4 a pop still?
    Thanks, @rockyct. I read a mom blog about the minifig trading and she made it sound like the employees give out new CMFs. But I'm guessing that she got "new" ones cause people purchased new CMFs at Legoland and immediately traded them.