Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Pick A Brick Cups (PAB)

2»

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    And here's the real gut punch. While the small and large cups went up a dollar each, the full boxes jumped 43% from $70 to $100
    FollowsClosely
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,613
    At least you can still buy full boxes. Here in the UK that got stopped on 1 Jan, and the tub prices went up by £1 ($1.60) each too. It's inflation, simple as that.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Again!

I wonder if they are up in the UK.

In a few years they are going to be £20 a time.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 328
    dneul said:

I was in the des Peres store today and the pick a brick cups increased by $1.

Is this in relation to the new specialty parts added to the wall?

So was there anything on the wall that made it worth the increase (i.e., any specialty parts or just the same old stuff)?
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    I was at the Chicago store yesterday and the price was $8.99/15.99.

They had a bunch of new pieces including airplane parts (wings, propellers, canopy, wedge plates) and three sizes of wheels, corresponding wheel rims, and axles. Unfortunately they decided to have multiple bins with the same pieces on each side of the wall.
  • kekekeke Member Posts: 5
    hate to hear that $1 increased
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    canon03 said:

dneul said:

I was in the des Peres store today and the pick a brick cups increased by $1.

Is this in relation to the new specialty parts added to the wall?

So was there anything on the wall that made it worth the increase (i.e., any specialty parts or just the same old stuff)?
    Some new stuff, white chairs, 5 way snotty, lbg 3x6 wedge plates, propellers, axles, wheels, windshield wedges and a few others. The special stuff is labeled as "city" "star wars" etc.
    canon03
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    edited April 2014
    That is unfair Lego shouldn't cost more than it did yesterday. What is there reason for this crime? Star wars pieces are the same in every set. one set doesn't cost more than another because it has a propeller piece.

-fc's 10 year old daugher
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,417
    We reap what we sow. We made Lego even more popular and now they can get away with jacking up prices, because we will buy anyway.

I've been reading Brick by Brick and it seems that Lego is slowly getting away from what got them back from near bankruptcy. Let's hope they aren't heading there again.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Sigh indeed.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,260
    $100 boxes? wow. That means even with the $1 hike more parts are going to be cheaper just to buy in cups than by the box.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    Well at least at my store the manager will honor the Christmas free box till 4/15 because she wants us to have the new pieces. ;)
    sidersdd