Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars polybag for May the 4th 2014: Darth Revan

12346

Comments

  • TheLegoKidTheLegoKid Member Posts: 16
    @khmellymel and @monkey_roo I was referencing the toys r us promo. I'm not sure yet what the may 4th promo will be. But I should be finding out shortly.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I'll take a Darth Revan and flip him for $20 on ebay. Just give me a good deal on something to spend the $75.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^Errrrrrrrrrrmmmm...?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    ^Um....yeah....ok....I think. I'm lost again.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited April 2014

    I'm not sure yet what the may 4th promo will be. But I should be finding out shortly.

    Will you let us all know when you find out? We're all just dying to know what it is...

    :o]

    :o>

    XoD
    mathew said:

    I'll take a Darth Revan and flip him for $20

    Kinky! What will you do to him for $50?

    ;oP
    Pitfall69BumblepantsGuroooscrumpermessyGothamConstructionCoDanGP
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2014
    If I facepalm myself anymore, I will have a permanent mark on my forehead.

    @TheLegoKid‌, we love you and all of that, but when you use a q-tip, you need to stop when there is resistance.
    CCCGothamConstructionCo
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 993
    Does the $75 need to be all on Star Wars items only or can they be other Lego sets?

  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I believe it has to be Star Wars sets only.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    legomatt said:



    mathew said:

    I'll take a Darth Revan and flip him for $20

    Kinky! What will you do to him for $50?

    ;oP
    If only Darth Revan was chrome. A fanboi can dream...
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I actually like this figure. I have no idea who he is, but he's definitely cooler than brown coat "Hoth Han". But yeah, it would make business sense for Lego to release an Aunt Beru or a Tusken Raider as the promotional figure to tie in with the Sand Crawler.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    @ReesesPieces There have been times when the promo has just been chucked in with every order, so when the 4th comes around fill your cart with non-SW and see if it is added.
    Pitfall69starwarfan77
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited April 2014
    I'd actually prefer Tusken raiders (an army builder type fig) to appear in a cheap Battlepack type set, for example: 3 or 4 raider figs, gaffi sticks (?), rifles, Bantha, and a couple of sand/tan BURP's.

    It'd be a pain in the rear to get a bunch of these guys if they were released as a promo. I'm glad promo's are for niche and obscure characters, as I'd hate to need several promos to complete a classic scene.

    I'm also hoping for a Jawa Sandcrawler Microfighter. That would be great (for my budget). (Which is completely unrelated to the topic, but I'm gonna' say it, in case someone from TLG is watching...) :o)
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    While a Tusken battlepack could happen, I don't see one ever being released with a bantha unless it's brick built.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    legomatt said:

    I'd actually prefer Tusken raiders (an army builder type fig) to appear in a cheap Battlepack type set, for example: 3 or 4 raider figs, gaffi sticks (?), rifles, Bantha, and a couple of sand/tan BURP's.

    It'd be a pain in the rear to get a bunch of these guys if they were released as a promo. I'm glad promo's are for niche and obscure characters, as I'd hate to need several promos to complete a classic scene.

    I'm also hoping for a Jawa Sandcrawler Microfighter. That would be great (for my budget). (Which is completely unrelated to the topic, but I'm gonna' say it, in case someone from TLG is watching...) :o)

    Yes to all of this! I didn't like the Microfighters ar first but picked a couple up on the cheap and they are great fun little sets, a jawa in a sand crawler one would be brilliant.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    @vitreolum I don't even expect the BP to happen, sadly, but was just describing my personal ideal budget Sandpeople set, as opposed to it being released as a promo fig.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited April 2014
    legomatt said:


    It'd be a pain in the rear to get a bunch of these guys if they were released as a promo. I'm glad promo's are for niche and obscure characters, as I'd hate to need several promos to complete a classic scene.

    I'm also hoping for a Jawa Sandcrawler Microfighter. That would be great (for my budget). (Which is completely unrelated to the topic, but I'm gonna' say it, in case someone from TLG is watching...) :o)

    I agree on the Jawa Microfighter. This is a must release from Lego.

    These promos are a little odd. I wouldn't call Han Solo an obscure character (regardless of his attire). But that minifig was un-exciting and current ebay sales prove it.

    From a business stand point, at least to me, it would get more people in the door to purchase stuff if it were a better tie-in with the major release which is of course the UCS Sand Crawler. I'd love Cantina attired Hammerhead minifig. Wearing a azure toga inspired by the 1977 Kenner action figure of course.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,267
    ^ Pretty interesting. She does have an awesome voice. Would have been better if the subtitles showed the original lyrics too so you could see how bad the translations were.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    mathew said:

    I wouldn't call Han Solo an obscure character (regardless of his attire). I'd love Cantina attired Hammerhead minifig.

    Neither would I. :o) Cantina Hammerhead would be a nice fig.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    vitreolum said:

    While a Tusken battlepack could happen, I don't see one ever being released with a bantha unless it's brick built.

    A molded Bantha is doable (in a $30-50 set) but I can't see Lego doing one at this juncture with the new film around the corner.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    mathew said:

    vitreolum said:

    While a Tusken battlepack could happen, I don't see one ever being released with a bantha unless it's brick built.

    A molded Bantha is doable (in a $30-50 set) but I can't see Lego doing one at this juncture with the new film around the corner.
    That was what I wanted to say, it's doable, but I don't see that happening in a battlepack but rather in a 50$+ set.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    vitreolum said:

    mathew said:

    vitreolum said:

    While a Tusken battlepack could happen, I don't see one ever being released with a bantha unless it's brick built.

    A molded Bantha is doable (in a $30-50 set) but I can't see Lego doing one at this juncture with the new film around the corner.
    That was what I wanted to say, it's doable, but I don't see that happening in a battlepack but rather in a 50$+ set.
    It is doable seeing they made a mold for an elephant for the Adventure Series. As I recall, that was the only elephant Lego made for any set. Wasn't the Bantha an elephant all made up?

  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    I genuinely thought there had been a moulded Bantha at some point, had a quick search online and it looks like I might be remembering a bit from the video game.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,942
    Pitfall69 said:


    It is doable seeing they made a mold for an elephant for the Adventure Series. As I recall, that was the only elephant Lego made for any set. Wasn't the Bantha an elephant all made up?

    It was in two sets in the same theme (both in the Elephant chase and the Scorpion Palace set from Adventurers Orient Expedition), and used a lot of the same body parts as the constructable dinosaurs from a few years before, so not quite one-off.
    Shib said:

    I genuinely thought there had been a moulded Bantha at some point, had a quick search online and it looks like I might be remembering a bit from the video game.

    Yeah, a Bantha did appear in Lego Star Wars II/Complete Saga, that was made to look a lot like a Bantha would look if Lego did make one.
    Pitfall69
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

    Shib said:

    I genuinely thought there had been a moulded Bantha at some point, had a quick search online and it looks like I might be remembering a bit from the video game.

    Yeah, a Bantha did appear in Lego Star Wars II/Complete Saga, that was made to look a lot like a Bantha would look if Lego did make one.
    If they would make one like this, it would look quite outdated.

    image
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    There you go. My daughter built this today. She learned about dinosaurs at school last week. I didn't know much about the elephant, but that is even better that they used the same molds as the Lego Dinosaurs.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    That Bantha looks like a reject from Where the Wild Things Are.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 993
    Goldchains and brickarmor...thanks for the reply.
    The figure looks awesome and I have plenty to buy to make $75 but not within the staw wars series...I'll hope for the best...
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,942
    Pitfall69 said:

    There you go. My daughter built this today. She learned about dinosaurs at school last week. I didn't know much about the elephant, but that is even better that they used the same molds as the Lego Dinosaurs.

    Yep, the only difference between the pictured dinosaur and the elephant is the head and tail. It also just struck me that the same body pieces (though with the shorter legs) were used for the original dewback and Obi-Wan's lizard thingy in EpIII.
    That said, the new dewback looks like it's made of one new moulded piece, so it's not as if there's no hope for a bantha.
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    I think it is just crazy that the Tusken Raiders weren't even released as an OT set.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    @Bumblepants‌ send TLG a letter saying that, if that doesn't work then nothing will!
    legomatt
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    There really were only 3 scenes that Tusken Raiders appeared in. Lego covered the slaughter scene with Anakin. Obviously, the scene in A New Hope and when some random Sandpeople were shooting at podracers during the race. The only way I see the Tusken Raiders appearing in A set in the future is if they came with a Bantha.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Pitfall69 said:

    The only way I see the Tusken Raiders appearing in A set in the future is if they came with a Bantha.

    The obvious inclusion would be in a landspeeder set but they've passed on that opportunity multiple times.

    Maybe we'll get lucky with a Death Star Troopers Redux battle pack that includes two sandpeople, two Ugnaughts, and an Ewok catapult.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

    It would also take a lot of restraint for me to keep from hoisting a Tusken set wildly over my head and shouting "RwwakgrhghrghGg! RUuRHHggh! Rughghllle" in the middle of the store.

    Or even better... how about the set came with a soundbrick:

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Yeaaah. :o)
    ShibBumblepantsrancorbait
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,761
    legomatt said:



    Or even better... how about the set came with a soundbrick:

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Yeaaah. :o)

    Good idea! Also, you did a much better job typing out their yelling noises than I did.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited April 2014

    legomatt said:



    Or even better... how about the set came with a soundbrick:

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Oooaragghaoaohargahaooaaagghrgh!

    Yeaaah. :o)

    Good idea! Also, you did a much better job typing out their yelling noises than I did.
    @Bumblepants Just think ass donkey :o)
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    I have #7133 Tusken Raider Encounter, still sealed. Were sand people available in any other set?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,761
    I think there was a Tusken Raider attached to a pen in the mid-2000s but it was cheap plastic and not removable. It got me hoping they were about to release something but obviously that never happened.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited April 2014
    ^ Nope.

    Unless you consider Luke and Owen to be 'sandpeople' :oP
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    Yes there was a pen and there were two Tusken Raiders included with set 7113, both listed in the DB
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited April 2014

    Also, you did a much better job typing out their yelling noises than I did.

    Hate to say it, but I just mashed the keyboard on that one, oahgahaoohaghaoha, like that. It was only after posting that I could even remember what they sounded like! lol :oD

    (I either got lucky, or it means I post so many daft vocalisations that my fingers instinctively know where to go without my brain getting in the way... which leads me to think someday I'll make some special lady very happy. hah! ;oP).
    BumblepantsGuroooBrickarmor
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    edited April 2014
    legomatt said:

    I'd actually prefer Tusken raiders (an army builder type fig) to appear in a cheap Battlepack type set, for example: 3 or 4 raider figs, gaffi sticks (?), rifles, Bantha, and a couple of sand/tan BURP's.

    It'd be a pain in the rear to get a bunch of these guys if they were released as a promo. I'm glad promo's are for niche and obscure characters, as I'd hate to need several promos to complete a classic scene.

    I'm also hoping for a Jawa Sandcrawler Microfighter. That would be great (for my budget). (Which is completely unrelated to the topic, but I'm gonna' say it, in case someone from TLG is watching...) :o)

    If you prefer a Tusken Raider My Dear Sir, You obviously haven't been dreaming of KOTOR Lego for the past 11 years and or read the books, played the games (Including that meh MMO just to see what happened to Revan) :P

    Or I can just route for a set with this guy, then we're all happy :P
    image
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited April 2014
    ^ @tmgm528 Did you even READ my post, and those above it, which constituted the conversation?

    Well, let's summarize the key points:
    mathew said:

    it would make business sense for Lego to release a Tusken Raider as the promotional figure to tie in with the Sand Crawler.

    To which i respond:
    legomatt said:

    I'd actually prefer Tusken raiders to appear in a cheap Battlepack type set. It'd be a pain in the rear to get a bunch of these if they were released as a promo.

    Now, care to rethink your post tmgm528, hmmm?

  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,942
    Pitfall69 said:

    There really were only 3 scenes that Tusken Raiders appeared in. Lego covered the slaughter scene with Anakin. Obviously, the scene in A New Hope and when some random Sandpeople were shooting at podracers during the race. The only way I see the Tusken Raiders appearing in A set in the future is if they came with a Bantha.

    But I would still say that Tusken Raiders are a pretty classic/recognisable Star Wars character/race. More so than some characters which get into sets.

    I bet if you were really clever/bored you could make some sort of screen time to minifigs produced ratio for various races/characters. I think you would find that Tusken Raiders have been treated rather unfairly by TLC compared to, say, Ewoks or even Gungans.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    Of course, I was just thinking how they could be incorporated into sets, but I don't think that matters seeing they put Queen Amidala with the Gungan Sub.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    Lars homestead set to try to squeeze more out of the sand crawler?
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Pitfall69 said:

    Of course, I was just thinking how they could be incorporated into sets, but I don't think that matters seeing they put Queen Amidala with the Gungan Sub.

    Which means we're likely to eventually see a Tusken Raider with a Dagobah set. Heh, why not?!?
    plasmodium
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited April 2014
    Darth Revan! Best May 4th promo yet! (Too bad they never put him in that CW episode)
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    legodude said:

    Darth Revan! Best May 4th promo yet! (Too bad they never put him in that CW episode)

    He pre-dates the CW, so unless Yoda or someone else was telling stories of the past Jedi vs Sith conflicts it would not have made sense to include him or others from that time in any story line.

    But a young Han should have been done, since they did a young Boba Fett and Jabba too.

  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Wasn't there a young Han that came with a DVD?
    Pitfall69
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.