Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Will you feel enthusiastic when Series 12 is released?

legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
edited April 2014 in Collecting
Series 11 was released on September 1st 2013. Series 12 is due to release on October 1st 2014. That is a 13 month break in-between the Series. Many were starting to feel overwhelmed with the frequency of CMF Series. However TLG could have pulled a genius move by changing the pace with TLM and Simpsons Series. For those not interested this could reset the table so to speak so when S12 comes we are desperate and hungry for more traditional CMF with the same level of enthusiasm we had for S1.
Thoughts? Did TLG do something brilliant by delaying the next numbered series over a year?

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Yes, I'm quite excited to see S12 roll out. I think the break was a nice recess to clear the palette and build up desire again.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2014
    Not sure personally, CMF have already started to lose the excitement for me (Not that I was that excited to begin with) and TLM figures don't really seem any different to the normal CMF line anyway. TLM CMF is the only series I do not have all figures of since I started collecting at series 8.

I really don't see myself completing any more CMF series apart from the Simpsons figures, which I think are awesome :)

Edit: Also isn't series 12 going to be based on the new Lego game coming out?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    I think we'll also see more licensed CMF series if the Simpsons does well. Maybe not Super Heroes or Star Wars (which many of us would crave), but some of the more niche licenses. Simpsons fits that perfectly.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I will be excited. This is where I get all my history themed minifigures from. Other than castles there are not really many other history sets. I would love more Greek themed figures/
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Excited, yes. Feel the need to collect them all, no.

I came out of my dark ages when Series 6 was out. Have all since then. For the last couple, I wasn't as excited to get the entire set. I'll still want certain ones, but probably won't feel the need to get all 16.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    While I loved Series 11, I'm not too excited for Series 12. In the US, it's confirmed that they'll be $4 a pack MSRP. I don't mind The Simpsons Series being that price, as it's pretty much expected with the extra-detailed head moulds and licensing fees. I also hope Series 12 won't be too heavy on selling the MMORPG, going to the extent of having "repeats" (i.e. another pirate, or skater).
    TXLegoguy
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    It's kinda hard to gauge excitement when you don't even know what the content is, no? This is like asking if you're excited about the next modular.

That said, given there is a 33% price increase, no, I'm not very excited.
    TXLegoguy
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    dannyrww said:

I will be excited. This is where I get all my history themed minifigures from. Other than castles there are not really many other history sets. I would love more Greek themed figures/

I've been crying out for Greek mythology figures since the line was started.

If I had the resources and the know how I'd've done a Lego Mythology project on Cuusoo long ago.
    TheBigLegoskidannyrww
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,776
    edited April 2014
    I'm excited in the sense that it is exciting to see what characters they will produce. Will I get them all, no way. Although I think I have owned every CMF at some point, I have never actually been complete.

I will collect in number the ones that interest me, and not bother with the ones that don't.

I'll be getting a complete set of Simpsons, and probably 2-3 extras of Bart and Homer for MOCs.

As for TLM, I have no interest in the CMF. I did get a decent number of SHakespeare though, as they make nice Renaissance characters, especially alongside the actor who he is copied from.

I don't mind remakes - a new roman soldier with shield would be great. A new Spartan even better. A warrior from another time (Mongol maybe, or Egyptian) would be better still.
  • RobFryRobFry Member Posts: 5
    The first CMF series is what reawakened my Lego obsession since I was a kid and I've collected every figure of each series since (plus a LOT of City and Star Wars sets since then!) so I'm excited for the next series but really annoyed about the price hike. 33% more for a licences series I can understand but to keep that price going is kinda greedy.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    It all depends on the figures. I am still after some from series 11, which has hardly available in The Netherlands, and to me was really disappointing. I will in all probability need to buy those somewhere on-line.

Anything medieval (knights; you can never have enough knights), ancient antiquity (Roman, Greek, Celtic, Germanic, Egyptian, Persian etc.), mythological, fantasy, fairytale, and sci-fi is what I will be interested in. So I hope that series 12 will contain plenty of those kind of minifigs. And TLC should really stop putting the most boring CMFs (such as furry popsicle lickers, motorcycle mechanics, mountaineers, skydivers, welders, etc.) in such large quantities in those boxes.

The only TLM CMF I so far bought is Shakespeare. I really love that minifig!

I also just managed to buy 3 Spartans (series 2), and (series 1!) Robin Hood. Costed quite a bit (compared to retail price) but those two minifigs I wanted to have from the get go when I started to collect CMF's at the time when series two was out, but I was never able to obtain at the time.

Though I doubt that I will continue to get complete collections, as I have for series 3 up to 10. I don't care for the Simpsons, and I am not going to collect most of the TLM cmfs either.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    From what I have seen, the LEGO Movie minifig series did really well, and we will have to wait to see how the Simpsons does. My gut is that LEGO will play with more themed series, and I think that is a nice evolution. There is a real glut of "blind bag" toys out there now, so finding a way to make it feel special again, is likely on LEGOs radar. Overall, LOVE the concept, all the new parts, and the $3-4 price point. So I hope they just keep going with them.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    Oooh and I also hope that there will be more female minifigs. Not only in absolute numbers, but also in terms of a larger variety of interesting characters/figures, such as a Valkyrie with a winged helmet, and a 'Virgin Queen' Elizabeth the first. I have way to few female minifigs. I really love the Medusa, the Amazon/warrior woman, and statue of liberty CMF.

I would love to have a shield maiden minifig modelled after / inspired by the character Lagertha played by Katheryn Winnick from the series Vikings, which btw is excellent TV-series.
    imdb.com/media/rm3295924992/nm0935395?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_pbl_138

Also various civilian historical figures are very welcome, some male and female figs in colourful affluent late medieval / renaissance attire to complement all the raggedy castle theme peasants dressed in various shades of brown.