Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures (CMF)

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,476
    Re-reading that line up, it actually looks like it could be some very clever character choices, theres a lot of fan favourite characters there to get people interested, but with enough left for sets. More importantly as I look at it I think theres room for several of those to be reused in sets as filler characters with other characters that people would really want to see with them.
    E.g. Mr Burns but no Smithers? How can you have Mr Burns without Smithers? If you want Smithers you have to buy a Homers Work Station set that comes with Homer, Carl and Smithers.
    Carl with no Lenny? Lenny might be with a Moe's Bar set with another Homer, Moe and Barney. If TLG have thought really hard they could be onto a really money sink hole for Simpsons fans.

I think it's fair to assume we'll get a lot of variations of the main family, so in a way I hope they aren't all in the CMF bags but as it stands with them only available from the Simpsons House set it will be a nice affordable way to get them.
    On a side note if they do a set based on the power plant in any form I'd like to see it with a pink shirt Homer for the fans of the old episodes.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,364
    Gooker1 said:

Benjamin, Doug, and Gary...characters most simpsons fans dont know, but were made by playmates due to such strong fan support. ;)

There are a lot of nerds here, so I reckon a number of people (here) will know those three instantly.
    If I wind up with a double of Krusty I might just mod one into a Handsome Pete!
    ^ A spare head would be handy for a Krusty Burger sign too.
    don't forget to get two extras so you can do the drive thru too!
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Clearly we'd all want our favorite characters included, and I think @Shib is right on the money with regards to splitting the 2nd tier characters between sets, and that's why the complete absence of any school staff strikes me as ... odd. Splitting Seymour & Edna between different sets, or between the collectable figs and a set, would make some commercial sense.

Maybe this ithe final line-up, maybe it isn't; the listing on amazon.uk is from a 3rd party reseller rather than Amazon themselves, and the pic is just the figs from the House - nothing new there - so color me a faint hint of skeptical for the time being :-)

Ian
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I agree Bluemoose, I am also skeptical about the listing until I see the official announcement from Lego. Does anyone know if the Simpsons House is selling well? I would think that would be an indicator of if we'll see more sets soon.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    What about rarity? I feel the family with be mainly easily obtainable however ones like Krusty or Itchy and Scratchy would be rarer. Thoughts?
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106

What about rarity? I feel the family with be mainly easily obtainable however ones like Krusty or Itchy and Scratchy would be rarer. Thoughts?

That would be my guess. The only surprise from the list is the inclusion of Itchy and Scratchy because they're cartoon characters in the show, not actual citizens of Springfield. Not that I'm not excited for them, I am.
    Obviously they left the door wide open for more series, Smithers and either Sideshow Bob or Mel comes to mind because of Mr Burns and Krusty. They'll have no shortage of characters, but they have to get the core Simpsons family out of the way first before anything else. Nelson I get, I guess they were just trying to get more kid characters, but I wouldn't have chose him over say, Barney or Moe, much bigger characters in my eyes.

Ralph I am VERY excited for, as he is a fan favorite.

• bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited March 2014
    ^^ I think it'll depend on what they decide to do with the family figs - if Bart is actually a 'Bartman' fig, if Lisa is 'President Simpson', Homer is 'glow in the dark radioactive homer' ... you get the drift ... then they might be the rarer ones?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Hopefully if all goes well, we will see more simpsons sets, but as of last month, they weren't planning on anymore sets. But that could change easily after seeing the quick sell outs of the house
    I reckon the core family will be plain, regular ones. Nothing special this time. If they aren't then the sets won't sell as well. People will expect to get the "normal" Simpsons in a Simpsons set. Sure there are many variations - I noted I'd love an entire Homer series - but lego has to let people know they can get the basic family this way or they may not engage with them.
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    I would buy them as its nostalgic
  • TheBrickBartTheBrickBart Member Posts: 9
    natro220 said:

I agree Bluemoose, I am also skeptical about the listing until I see the official announcement from Lego. Does anyone know if the Simpsons House is selling well? I would think that would be an indicator of if we'll see more sets soon.

The house is doing really good on sales because last month it sold out on [email protected] so obviously people are buying it , I'm expecting more sets to come

It'll be interesting to see what's featured in the episode tie in as a potential clue as what might be still to come from the theme (assuming nothing else is announced by then, but I would imagine that they'd hold announcements to coincide with the episode)
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    I got my simpsons house after picking it up trough a reservation because it was sold out
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited March 2014

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hothbricks/13424489874/in/pool-afol16/

I think they look great, very excited about this series.
    BrickDancerSquareSide
  • legonickblegonickb Brighton, UKMember Posts: 57
    Can't wait until they come out
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    I know by making bespoke heads they have been able to get more detail in there, and its nice to have something a bit different. But there is a big part of me that would have liked to have seen standard heads with the addition of head gear to give them the features required. Even more so i guess because both Lego and Simpsons come from the world of yellow skin!
    martyn
    I don't mind the heads as much as I did when the first pictures of the Simpsons House mini figures came out, What I find a little more disappointing is that there was no consideration of the characteristic rounded stomaches that a lot of the characters have. That said I think these are going to be a great addition for a lot of people. Very interested to see what happens next with this theme - and the future CMF series as well...a little part of me is hoping that we'll start to see something along the lines of one licenced theme line and one standard Lego CMF series each year.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,306
    I'm no Simpsons fan, despite it being a large part of my "generation", but I think these figs look adorable actually. Much better than the ones that came with the Simpsons House for some reason (maybe the expressions?). Might pick up a couple, if they're on sale or something...
    legomatt
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited March 2014
    Nice.. They gave Milhouse a "Biclops" comic book from the episode that Milhouse spent all of the money on a super hero that wears glasses...
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Those look absolutely fantastic! Not just the figures, but the details. The sleeved shirts, leg printing, the accessories all look brilliant!

First series in a while where I will get all of them, just cant wait!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    edited March 2014
    Here you go. Go on sale in May I think.

veign06kezindigoboxPitfall69legomattmac22
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    Generally pretty good, not sure about Itchy and Scratchy (technically they are not even Simpson characters), but at least no Poochie...to the extreme!
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Least they made them look less tired :)
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Whats going on with Scratchy's torso, where it meets the legs? Theres another parting before it, but its not on any of the other figures, weird.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    for 4 bucks a go, you'd think they'd make better accessories or at least NEW molds and not ones on par with the 2 and 3 dollar packs. Except for the head molds, it appears to be all existing molds and it's just new colors and/or print jobs.

However, I do have to admit that the head molds appear to be great.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,703
    edited March 2014
    My first impressions:

Bart Simpson has a printed skateboard with lighter coloured wheels. Lego, why make it a sticker in the Simpsons House?

WHAT! Maggie Simpson will cost us £2.49, well and a teddy bear. 83p per piece, well expensive, couldn't you have given Maggie with Marge?

OMG, they gave us the TV in the Simpsons house and the TV remote in the collectible minifigures-WHY! Damn, I want more doughnuts!

Overall, I like the series however I feel the could have given each character two accessories, due to the figure being plain which they are meant to be. Lego should have given us the normal eyed characters in the Simpsons house and changed the character clothing for some of them like Bartman. Lego could have given us Santa's little helper or snowball with two of the Simpsons family members.

I like that they are continuing the jokes and little nods from the Simpsons house like "Property of Ned Flanders" or giving us more comics.

Now hoping for more Lego Simpsons sets like: The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop, Monorail, Bart's tree house, Lard Lad Donuts, Springfield Elementary School and the list goes on...
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Where is Mr Burns' Assistant and Marge's Sisters...
    I know they can do whole lot more in this theme with most of the characters that have appeared and maybe that will be the case.
    Holy Flurking Schnit!! This is so awesome. As a diehard Simpsons fan, these take the cake. The tiles are awesome...ie Milhouse w/ the Biclops comic. Sooo classic.

Yea, they're $4, but I will eat these up all day long as I can imagine many Simpsons fans will.

Me Wantee!!!
    SquareSidelegomatt
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    They all look really good IMO. I want the whole series, but I won't be able to make it to the Cardiff LEGO store until mid-late May. By then, they'll be sold out. :(
    I can imagine this will sell like hotcakes even w/ the new pricing...the more we buy, the more they will make! So let's scoop them up for more fan favorites will be made. :)
    as much as I'd love to see a Bartman I don't think he's featured in any episodes since the early 90s so I think it'd be a long shot.

It does appear that scratchy has a tail on a "belt" type pieces which is great to see, i remember a belt piece being submitted on cuusoo before they changed the guidelines and thinking what a brilliant idea it was.

I also stand by my earlier comments that Itchy and Scratchy are perfect choices for the CMF range, they are Simpson characters because they don't exist separate to The Simpsons, even if an Itchy and Scratchy stand alone series was launched it would be a spin off, therefore they are still Simpsons characters.

There have been a lot of sets suggested, I think we could expect some based on mainstays of the series like those @Adzbadboy‌ suggested rather than anything based on any specific episodes. However the accessories with the CMF does show that they are happy to reference individual episodes with printed pieces - Grandpa's newspaper, Bobo the teddy and Biclops only being significant to one episode each.

In regard to the increase in price I think that £2.50 each for these is fine, a price increase of 50p per figure to cover new head moulds and licensing fees I think is more than acceptable. If the next non licences CMF line has the same 50p increase on it though I think they will have to be something special.
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    edited March 2014
    Beav said:

Whats going on with Scratchy's torso, where it meets the legs? Theres another parting before it, but its not on any of the other figures, weird.

@Beav A tail.

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I really like these. Although the price is a bit much for my liking, I'm going to be picking up a whole set.
    I think they look fantastic. Chief Wiggum looks like he has been on a diet, but very nice. There are quite a few of the half-and-half arms too, great for MOCs. And I love Apu's trouser line. And Blinky.

It's going to kill the value of the ones that came with The Simpsons House though.
    ^ I wonder if that was a deliberate move by TLG, putting the ones that would be more desirable in the CMF series to put off reselling of the figures with the house set or if they genuinely thought that people would want the ones with the weird sleepy eyes more
    I imagine the weird eye ones would damage sales of the CMF as a whole. Collectors will want the house anyway and they get their own limited edition minifigs with the house.
    Adzbadboy said:

WHAT! Maggie Simpson will cost us £2.49, well and a teddy bear. 83p per piece, well expensive, couldn't you have given Maggie with Marge?

I'm happy enough with Maggie as being separate. She is just as stand alone as the other characters, even if her body is one less part due to the way it is molded.

And it is not just a bear. It is Bobo. It will be great for a vignette for her and Mr Burns.
    ShibSquareSideAdeelZubair
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Wow - these look incredible! Love the in-jokes ("Old Man Yells at Cloud") and how much of a commitment this must have been to produce original molds for the heads of each character. Honestly, at $4 each, that's fine in my opinion.
    SquareSide
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    These look very good, however the straight on shots of the heads make some of them look kind of derpy.

After looking at these, I immediately thought of the difficulty of distinguishing between Ralph and Milhouse. They both have short legs and a 2x2 tile. This may be a first where two minifigures are distinguished by their head when using the feel method.
    CCC

These look very good, however the straight on shots of the heads make some of them look kind of derpy.

After looking at these, I immediately thought of the difficulty of distinguishing between Ralph and Milhouse. They both have short legs and a 2x2 tile. This may be a first where two minifigures are distinguished by their head when using the feel method.

Both true, but once you see them in real life they'll look great.

The heads of the two shouldn't be too tough to distinguish, but I can see where people might jump to the conclusion that it's one and not the other w/o going that extra step
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    I am pleased with the new lineup if not with the higher cost. With the new molds and licensing it can be rationalized. I would consider these 16 as more limited edition than the house minifigs since they will only be available for 2-3 months. I sold the house minifigs in hopes of better CMF versions.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137

I am pleased with the new lineup if not with the higher cost. With the new molds and licensing it can be rationalized. I would consider these 16 as more limited edition than the house minifigs since they will only be available for 2-3 months. I sold the house minifigs in hopes of better CMF versions.

Yeah my thoughts exactly...I like these figures with full open eyes much better. This will be the first series where I have to get all of them even if theyre marked up to $4, though I'd much rather only pay $3.

When do they normally hit stores? I know it says May but will they be available before May at all like many new sets often do or will it take a couple weeks into the month before they start?
    i found with past CMF series theres a bit of luck as to when they hit shops in the UK...there always seems to be one shop that has them 2-3 weeks before the others and around me its never been any of the toy shops that have them first, its generally been Waterstones or one of the supermarkets. I noticed Argos had them listed if you searched for them on the consoles instore since around christmas just marked as out of stock.
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    edited March 2014
    Old man yells at cloud! TRULY FANTASTIC! There goes $63.84...
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    I am still on the fence about the idea of The Simpsons LEGO, but TLG have done a cracking job on the accessories, superb details.
    legomattSquareSide
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    Wahoo all of these figures look fantastic, I certainly can't wait to purchase them upon release (maybe even a whole box). Imo all of the new moulds are great, I particularly like Wiggums megaphone, the two colours look great. :D
  • Lego2012Lego2012 Member Posts: 59
    I was skeptical, but its going to be hard to resist buying them all!
    legomatt