Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO COLLECTIONS!

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited March 2014

@Margot, there was no insulting. Mild pushing, some advice thrown out, maybe some judgement, but insulting?

Yes, it was insulting and it was not civilized discussion. Calling someone a hoarder and saying they are not a collector and lack discernment is absolutely insulting.

Maybe you should ask the person who it was intended for how it made them feel?
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    edited March 2014

I'm still waiting for the photos of the Pampers collection. Surely you're not just teasing us @Mathew.

KanohiBumblepantsFollowsCloselyPitfall69
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited March 2014
    ^^ You could be right, and that's @Markey‌'s business I guess. Then again, perhaps the internet needs fewer White Knights than it currently has.
    TXLegoguyzipsforbananas
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 319
    I think I will head over to the Lego store and check out the collection they have on the shelves.
    BrickDancerFollowsCloselyVortex
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310

^^ You could be right, and that's @Markey‌'s business I guess. Then again, perhaps the internet needs fewer White Knights than it currently has.

Clueless, you are....

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,222
    margot said:

Clueless, you are....

OK, so enough already - please give it a rest.
    TXLegoguyzipsforbananas
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,506
    That looks really nice round the TV.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,303
    Joey Browner Standing By!!!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^^^ Oh what a terrible conundrum. buying a bigger TV results in less Lego space. buying more Lego results in a smaller TV, argh.
    Pitfall69TXLegoguy
    I couldn't have all that Lego around my TV, I have ADD bad and I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the...Oh look a squirrel!!
    YellowcastleLobotzipsforbananasGothamConstructionCoLegobutterfly
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited March 2014
    @Bandit I always love seeing pictures of displays like that, on the negative side though, then I always want to start collecting Star Wars UCS sets, until I head over to bricklink, take one look at the prices and all hope is lost.

If there is one set I want most its #10030! :o)
    ^Yeah, thanks a lot @Bandit. Now I'm wanting to go buy the R2-D2 and the new X-Wing.
    red5
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited March 2014

It does look impressive, probably my favourite UCS model.

I cant wait to build the one I have stashed in the shed :) (Just waiting until I build my man cave).

edited March 2014
    I have the Star Destroyer, but it is flimsy and it slipped out of my hands and smashed on the ground. I haven't rebuilt it. I'm dreading it since it was a boring repetitive build. To do it again would be awful.

With that said, once built, it is quite "Impressive. Most impressive."
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890

@Bandit I always love seeing pictures of displays like that, on the negative side though, then I always want to start collecting Star Wars UCS sets, until I head over to bricklink, take one look at the prices and all hope is lost.

Luckily I started collecting from the beginning, so I never had to pay crazy prices for anything. :)
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 948
    @CupIsHalfEmpty we see that friend set!

It's really not that great of a set. It is also very unstable. Mine started to bow after just a few months on display. I dissembled and sold it shortly after acquiring mine. Also no interesting build techniques and it's repetitive. Oh and it's building everything twice.

pharmjod
    Pitfall69 said:

I have the Star Destroyer, but it is flimsy and it slipped out of my hands and smashed on the ground. I haven't rebuilt it. I'm dreading it since it was a boring repetitive build. To do it again would be awful.

With that said, once built, it is quite "Impressive. Most impressive."

Since you dropped it and its probably missing a few parts, say around S100?

;o)
    Bandit said:

Ok, I'll get this thread back on track. Here is a pic of my home theater and one of one side of my office. Since I have limited display space overall (given the amount that I have to display), I rotate sets around every so often.

I forgot how ugly that sandcrawler is. My kids loved playing with it. But I don't remember it being that bland. Nice setup. Not to much, unlike most of us.

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 890

Bandit said:

Ok, I'll get this thread back on track. Here is a pic of my home theater and one of one side of my office. Since I have limited display space overall (given the amount that I have to display), I rotate sets around every so often.

I forgot how ugly that sandcrawler is. My kids loved playing with it. But I don't remember it being that bland. Nice setup. Not to much, unlike most of us.

LOL, I didn't show you the rest. ;) The countless plastic tubs and boxes of sets being stored because I have no room to display them all (though still accessible for the kids to play with), and the hundreds of MISB sets I haven't yet built, again because I have no room for them right now (I am a SW completionist, and dabble in the rest). Luckily I'm able to store everything away pretty nicely for now. I'll take some pics of my boxes if you want. ;)
    That's what I am saying. You have not over done it. Looks nice.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,315
    mathew said:

I tend to see a difference between a collection of personally-chosen sets that are proudly displayed (in box or not) or carefully stored, and a pile of boxes arranged in cold storage that represents little more than a translation of $ -> boxes. If indeed that's what floats your boat, more power to you.

Yep. Hoarding clearance sets is not what I define as being a collector. Owning 20 copies of a set that nobody else wants is not collecting. When I think of a collector, I think of someone who is at least somewhat discerning. I primarily buy Lego to build and display. When I stumble upon a good deal then I will contemplate how much I really need it, if my kids would enjoy it or if it has any monetary value for reselling. Otherwise it doesn't go into my shopping cart.
    That's the good thing about lego. Open it up and it doesn't need to be a set any more. They are just parts. Often if you have 20+ of a set then even if there is just one of a specific part, then owning 20 sets means you have enough to make use of that part in a MOC. I can't really think of any set I wouldn't buy if it was cheap enough. Even the CMF fitness instructor has nice hair and a radio.

binaryeyebluemodern
  • Lego_loverLego_lover Member Posts: 4
    I think it's great to see collections in all forms. How people collect is up to them and if they want to show their boxes piled high then let them! I personally enjoy looking at the pics, if you don't just scroll past and look at the ones you do :) Please keep the pics coming! Feeling inspired and itching to buy some more lego now haha
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    ^^I would look at the pics if there were any. This seems to have degenerated into a discussion... on a forum.... .... Oh. That's normal isn't it! :P
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I'm the same, I love looking at the pictures, regardless of how many boxes there are, it's still a collection.
    TXLegoguy
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    @LegoBoy are those Ikea shelves?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    How dare you! ;-) Custom built.
    zipsforbananas
    Hahahaha.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Legoboy said:

How dare you! ;-) Custom built.

DAMN!!! should have asked before I went to Ikea, was looking for them there :-(

Picked up Detolf though that they finally had in stock after 3 months, store employee told me some guy was buying them 30 at a time.

Do you have LDD for them...;-)

• Canuck26Canuck26 Member Posts: 55
    @Legoboy - You do very nice work. Those shelves look very well made and functional. So what about Harry Potter? Is that a MOC you did? I don't think I have ever seen it before.
  • iannn29iannn29 Member Posts: 9
    Come on guys post your collection!
    Here is a small collection of mine
    rancorbaitBumblepantswagnerml2zipsforbananasTXLegoguy
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,551
    ^I like how you put Spidey upside down. A great touch
    FollowsCloselyTheLoneTensorzipsforbananas
  • iannn29iannn29 Member Posts: 9
    ^speechless
    I don't have much on display yet, I'm working on a new 'LEGO room', so most of my collection is disassembled :o)

Sorry for the bad pics, I really need to get a good camera!

...And a baseplate of army builders :o)
    binaryeyezipsforbananasJohnnyfinlandia
    @rancorbait seeing your Crawler built makes me all the more eager to break mine out this summer.
  • KanohiKanohi Member Posts: 41
    ^^ @rancorbait‌ is that the start of an army of Gimlis? :)
    edited March 2014
    ^^ Its a lot of fun to build!

It will no doubt loose value if you do though...

Reseller: Just as I was about to break the seals, I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if thousands of bricks cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

;oP
    FollowsCloselyzipsforbananasJohnnyfinlandia
    @vwong19,
    This is what we need more of in this thread. Nice collection! It is nice to see all the modulars close together. No PR?

It will no doubt loose value if you do though...

I will open it for the same reason I would open a sealed 1st edition UCS Falcon given the chance; I think it will be awesome to build.

Also, no idea if I used that semicolon correctly but hopefully someone will chime in to let me know :)
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,143
    @Nelly. Nice Lego cave!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @Nelly - Very Nice!!! That's the type of organization I hope to achieve at some point beyond my looks-like-a-cyclone-hit lego room.
    I couldn't go in that room @Nelly. I would be like a bull in a china shop.
    zipsforbananasLegoboy
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2014
    @Pitfall69 If my two year old can do it, so can you. You do have to keep your hands to your sides at times. There are a few spots in the back that require a slight bend in the knees.
    zipsforbananassidersddwagnerml2Pitfall69khmellymeljasor
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,188
    wagnerml2 said:

@Nelly - Very Nice!!! That's the type of organization I hope to achieve at some point beyond my looks-like-a-cyclone-hit lego room.

Yeah, my LEGO room consists of a lot of piles, boxes and bins of parts, and still does not encompass my train collection and boxes 80's city set collection that are all stored away in bins. Same with my loose LEGO city sets that are not boxed. Plus I have a closet filled as well, and still does not show all of my sets that I have bought that have not been removed from boxes yet.
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250

Also, no idea if I used that semicolon correctly but hopefully someone will chime in to let me know :)

I reckon you did. The clauses either side of it work as full sentences, and they relate closely enough to be worth linking with the semi colon.
    Thought I'd chime in with something positive! Sweet! :D

(Loving seeing more collections too, and the chat being about them and not much else.)