Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Where can you get miscellaneous pieces?

Comments

• lesliesfbaylesliesfbay Member Posts: 10
    Just a follow-up on buying by auction... prices have escalated on shopgoodwill.com noticibly since I posted here. In the last five days:

33 lbs misc legos...$152
    5 lbs misc train rails + engine...$94
    29 lbs misc sack o legos... $127
    Lego set 4709 with ripped up box and no guarentee of completeness... $152

All that without sales tax, shipping or handling. Wow.

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    Yikes!
  • EnglishbobEnglishbob Member Posts: 24
    I've never been to a Lego store before and was wondering if they sold individual pieces. The nearest one is an hour away and I don't want to waste my time if they don't .
    I was looking for some plates to display my minifigs on so they don't topple over, either 2x2 individually or maybe longer ones.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    They sell "loose" parts on the pick a brick wall but every store's choice of parts is different. If you're just looking for something like that you could parts from bricklink.com to get what you need. One option is the minifig stand plate that comes with the CMF series. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=88646
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    The parts on the pick a brick wall are sold in cups: you can fill a cup with as many bricks as you can fit, and pay a fixed price.

Here: http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/ you can get an overview (not official, but done by other shoppers) of what each store has to offer.

You can also go to http://shop.lego.com/pab and buy individual bricks - right now they offer free shipping for orders larger than some amount I can't remember.

And as mentioned, Bricklink is very good, but beware of very varying fees and shipping costs.
  • EnglishbobEnglishbob Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for the help folks. Ended up ordering what I needed from bricklink.
    Who can wait for 13-18 days shipping and twice the price from the Lego store!? Not me that's for sure ; )
  • trenty1990trenty1990 Member Posts: 11
    Whats the best way to get minifigs? And wheres bestvplace to get them in uk?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    Bricklink, ebay or trade here.
  • DantosDantos Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    I think it varies. If you want old minifigs (80s ones), then ebay is best although you can *sometimes* get them at bricklink at prices which aren't too bad e.g. £3.20 or less for a classic space figure in very good condition is amazing considering the age of them. You can also sometimes get good deals on ebay for the Lego series figures, I managed to get a Gladiator there for £2.21 including postage, but getting a Roman soldier for under £3.50 seems impossible.

If you want new-ish Lego figures then it's kind of a lose-lose situation in my opinion. I've never paid more than £3.50 for an individual minifig (I might pay £4.50 for Chima ones in future due to their wings and neckgear), and prices over £5 for minifigs sicken me.

Some people have taken to buying a set, taking the figures and/or accesorries for themselves, and selling the rest of the set on ebay. I suppose if you don't want the set the figures come in it may be a slightly better way to get the figures than paying for all the figures individually.

A 3rd way to get the figures without paying expensive bricklink prices would be facebook Lego trade groups. I know one of these in the UK which is mostly used for trading Lego series figures, and I think some people have done trades that way.
  • trenty1990trenty1990 Member Posts: 11
    Ok thanks
  • bnadir55bnadir55 Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

Need your recommendation about website stores that selling LEGO bricks by demand ?

Thx.!
  • TncatsfanTncatsfan Member Posts: 92
    You can use lego [email protected] for pick a brick, or you can use sites like brinklink.com to buy parts.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Bricklink. Just go with bricklink, they have the best selection.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380
    Or you can try out the brand new BrickOwl which has a much cleaner and easier to use interface, but perhaps a smaller selection than Bricklink.
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    If you have a Lego store nearby, you might want to check their PAB wall too. As others have said Bricklink/ Brick Owl is a better bet in terms of price and quantity.
  • BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    I wish we had a Lego store in Australia.
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    I always recommend some comparison shopping depending on the parts you need - lego.com's pick-a-brick selection is more limited, but occasionally something will turn up there for cheaper than on Bricklink.
    Hello all and thank you for your suggestions,
    After reviewing and endless web searching , I must say that it easy to find gold then to accomplish what I need ,
    Background : recently decided to do to my son a birthday present building LEGO mosaic with his picture,
    Brake down the picture in to bricks (all LEGO plates) and started to seek the NET with suitable bricks ,

Pick A Brick (very nice website) , don’t support all parts , and don’t ship to my county ,
    Brick Link , is VERY complicated since I need to buy all parts from 100 different dealers , and pay a LOT of money just for shipping fees , (10 brick for 1.2$ with 3 $ shipping fee !?!?)
    EBay, again VERY hard to find the bricks and again shipment is more expansive from the product cost itself ,
    Try to combine shipments in both Brick Link and EBay , but it's very frustrating and expensive in the end ,

It's very sad that as an hobby ,at 2013 with all the technology I can't find/buy the needed parts,

I thought it should be much easier, anyhow thank you for your support ,
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    bnadir55 said:

It's very sad that as an hobby ,at 2013 with all the technology I can't find/buy the needed parts,

It seems you can find the parts but aren't willing to pay. Which parts are you looking for that you'd need to buy from 100 different sources?

Plates 1x1 1x2 1x3 .....1x12 ; 2x2 2x4 2x6 .... around 120 different parts ~2100 in total
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    The mosaic sounds cool and all (seriously, it does, and it's a creative and thoughtful thing to shoot for), but that's going to be a lot of effort and cost, and honestly, knowing young boys, he might just be happier with a Death Star :)
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    I agree with @tensor - with the amount of money and time you will have to put into this, I would also go with a present that has more play-value and will be appreciated more. A mosaic is just made and hung on a wall. Pretty cool, but childred usually appreciate present a bit more dynamic.

If you do decide to build one, make sure you created a WANTED LIST on Bricklink. This is crucial for a project like this. Add all the elements you want, then quire by shop. It will tell you which shops has all or most of the parts you need. Very simple.

A lot of people miss this step and find shopping on Bricklink frustrating, but it is actually very easy if you just create a WANTED LIST and go from there...(c:
    Thank you , How can quire by shop in BrickLink ?
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    edited July 2013
    Under the 'Wanted' tab, there is another tab labelled 'By shop'. Click that and it will come up. Don't forget to choose the wanted list you want to enquire about under the first drop-down menu!

I can attach a screenshot of what you should get if you wish.
    Ok , done, under "in" chose "My Wanted List" and under SOrt By "Sort(Total)" and hit GO! ,
    need help I see list , but i cant understand , which one is the best for me?
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    edited July 2013
    Okay, first off I think you've clicked the wrong tab and clicked the one next to 'By Shop' instead. If your screen looks like this screenshot you've got the right tab for 'By Shop' function (the URL extension should read 'WantedShop', as in bricklink.com/wantedShop if this helps):

Screenshot taken of what site looks like using Windows 7 and IE10 browser, BTW. May look slightly different on yours :-)

Once you get to this screen, you should select the wanted list you wish to query shops with, and how you want to sort the shops. Lots (Unique) is the most helpful, as this sorts by shops that have most of the items you want. From there, you can enter that store and place your order!

You can also filter shops by country and other factors like payment methods, you can set that under 'My Settings' if you're logged in.

Sorry, there isn't any function like sort by best prices or anything like that, you still need a bit of patience! :-)

Hope this helps a bit, and any more help on this just ask me :-)
    thenos
    Thank you !
    Few questions :
    1) How can I know how many parts match , and how many or which I still need to seek in a difrent dealers ?
    2) when openning the best match dealer, I still need to put the Qty needed in the "add to cart" area manually right ?
    Thanks again you are very helpful :-)
    Okay, I think I know what you're asking about:
    1. You can see the number of parts that match in the 'By Shop' tab: I presume you mean 'Unique lots' (as they're called on BL). It's the number in brackets found in each row, next to a number not in brackets.
    However, as to what parts exactly, you have to look in the exact shop. There's no easy way of detecting exactly what parts you need that they don't have. It helps a little if you know the number of different parts you're looking for and comparing it to 'Unique Lots', but to determine exactly what isn't in a shop is time-consuming.
    The easiest way (but not cost-effective) is to place an order in a store that has the most parts you need, then delete all the parts you bought from your Wanted List (easy way to do this is by finding the 'Items in this order on your Wanted List' link on the order confirmation page and going from there). Then bring back up the 'By Shop' tab and repeat what I said in the previous post, remembering how many parts are now on your Wanted List.
    Sorry, it's not easy at all to use this site, it's missing key features!

2. Once you select a shop, it will bring up all the items that the store has on a specific Wanted List (i.e. the one you selected in 'By Shop'). I've attached another screenshot of what your screen should look like in layout.
    You should see a link saying 'Auto-Fill Cart Min'. Presuming you've set a quantity number for all your parts (including the ones you only need 1 of), this handy button will automatically fill all the qty boxes for you, so all you need to do is go through and click 'Add Selected Items to Shopping Cart' at the bottom of the page. You'll need to do this for every page of results. Be wary of 'duplicate' lots, be sure to go through your shopping cart afterwards and weed them out. This especially happens when you don't define a condition for parts.

Understand why some people complain that BrickLink is too hard to use? :-)

Sorry for the long-winded explanations, I tried to be to the point but it doesn't work when explaining BL.

Give me another shout if you're still confused ;-) But I hope that made sense to you!
    Thank you , very good explanation !
    In the future I dream to enter a shop full of Lego parts in Jars (like in a candy shop) pick what I need and pay ...utopia :-)
    edited July 2013
    bnadir55 said:

Thank you , very good explanation !
    In the future I dream to enter a shop full of Lego parts in Jars (like in a candy shop) pick what I need and pay ...utopia :-)

You just described the pick-a-brick site/wall. What you also wanted was every part, which means you need a massive marketplace with multiple sellers. Until one exists that is easy to use and has enough merchants providing the stock, you'll have to either slog through bricklink or scrounge in the lower stock of the competing sites.
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    OK, so it was a stupid idea but my autistic/aspergers son was obessessed with General Greivous. We found one of the old style white bodies and built our own with a Ninjagobskull head. That lasted a month but wasn't quite up to scratch so I plotted and watched sales threads.Eventually I purchased #9515 Malevolence and let him have the Greivous figure out of it so he could have the adventures he truly desired. The General dwelt high upon a shelf when not out scourging the galaxy of Jedi Knights, safe away cats and younger brothers.

Skip on a month or two, the summer holidays have started and 5 days in General Grevious has been found dismemebered following an attack by ruthless bounty hunters and scattered across the shelf he usually lives on. A reticent younger brother has apologised for not taking as good care as he could of said brothers favourite figure but still, two arms are missing and despite a lengthy search undiscovered. I have contacted Lego who have stated they are unable to help with replacements for lost parts due to the licence involved which is understandable.

Any ideas, beyond buying another complete figure at exorbitant prices on ebay, how to get some new arms for poor General?
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    http://www.bricklink.com might be your only hope.
    kyrotek
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    I challenge our great community here to find us some Grievous arms. I don't have Grievous in any form, unfortunately, but perhaps someone has a spare or one otherwise meant for market? PM me, if necessary.
    kyrotekMatthewjasor
    Wish I could be more help (for a reason I'd like to keep secret for now), but as Prof already said, BrickLink may be the only option you have. For your consideration:
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87568pb01l (Grievous arm left)
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87568pb01r (Grievous arm right)
    You say you're missing two arms, right? Looks like a pair costs £4 plus shipping from America (so probably another £4).

The 4 arms alone seem to cost half as much as the actual fig on ebay.

But - if I do stumble on a spare Grievous (or I buy Malevolence myself), unlikely I know but I like ridiculous odds :-), I'll be sure to pop a PM your way.
    kyrotekSirKevbags
    Thank you guys, you are most helpful indeed!

I shall be hitting Bricklink tomorrow, when I can get the laptop out instead of my magic mobile phone, and try to identify which arms I need and purchase a pair.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    Thanks @TheOneVeyronian :o)
  • jay359jay359 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    I have 2 right arms.

bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87568pb01r

I bought 4 Greivous minifigs from a BrickLink seller for my grandsons and nephew and when they arrived, 2 of them were missing both left arms. Instead of sending just the arms, she sent 2 me complete figures, so I still have 2 figures that are incomplete.

I'd like to keep some spare in case the boys lose or break some parts but if you need 2 right arms, you're welcome to them.
    kyrotekSirKevbagsjasor
    @jay359 you're a star too, that appears to exactly what I am after. Drop me a PM with what you'd like for them please.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    ^ This is why I love this community.
    Yellowcastlejay359
    edited July 2013
    Not sure where else to promote forum members as general all-round good people and prove what a great community this website produces. I would like to say what fantastic people are here on Brickset. Many thanks to all of you who posted links and offered advice on this here thread but I am especially grateful to @jay359 for her kind offer and service.

Today, I am truly humbled... I can only hope to be able to do the same for someone here when the opportunity arises.

Stu

Yellowcastle
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    If the arms cost half as much as Grievous, maybe you'd be good investing in a whole new figure for parts in case this happens again.
    Yellowcastle
  • bandboy1bandboy1 Member Posts: 0
    Hi all, this is my first post.

I purchased two of the modulars off of ebay some time ago and have continued to collect them since then. The two items I bought were 10185 Greengrocers and 10190 Market Street. Both are great models but I have a few parts missing. Most I am able to get off the Lego.com pick-a-brick section but two are not found and I wondered if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction.

The parts I'm looking for are as follows;
    10190 Market Street - Element ID 4288258 (can only describe it as a cabbage like vegetable)
    10185 Greengrocers - Element ID 4277932 (Angle Plate 1x2, 2x2 in black)

All comments welcome
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    Bricklink or Brickowl would probably be your best bets. Here's the two pieces on bricklink:
    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=59175&colorID=36
    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=17759&colorID=11
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I get nearly all my missing pieces from eBay. The only ones I couldn't get were two pieces for the Knight Bus, but I managed to source these through a Lego online store here in Australia.
    Good luck.
    edited February 2014
    One thing regarding Bricklink that often gets overlooked is shipping time. Shipping cost is important (and is usually reasonable), but I've had a couple orders take a month to get to my door. One place in particular, HouseOfLogos, is just awful. They have a great selection, but if you need your parts within 6 weeks, you are taking a gamble. They state that their shipping terms are long, but I thought they were being facetious - that was my mistake.

Bottom line: Pay attention to the store terms of wherever you buy from and take the terms at face value.
    Hi,

I am after a Red 6x12 car base #781.

I have looked on eBay, Just Bricks, Bricks to the World and Lego, but I can't find it. Does anyone have any idea where I can get this from?

Thanks
  • theskirridtheskirrid Member Posts: 12
    You can find some on Bricklink here, if you're in the UK I'm pretty sure I have one in an unsorted box somewhere too. As long as you don't want white, that was only in one set.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2014
    Bricklink. I think this is what you're after: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=5&itemID=9074

It's the only thing matching your description anyway.
    I'm in Australia. And yes that's it. Thank you. I just wanted to do a MOC of a London Bus #760 I think it is. I can get all the pieces that I don't already have, but I couldn't find this one. I have the inventory and instructions for this 1973 set. I like British stuff, so I had to have one of these :)
    andhe