Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Movie Holographic Cards

rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
edited March 2014 in Everything else LEGO
As I opened my [email protected] order today I found a little TLM holographic card (or whatever the heck you call it, I'm not sure!)

Has anyone else received these? Whatever the case, its a nice little inclusion!

Comments

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    They handed them out (or a very similar design) in UK LEGO brand stores in February.
  • haakonohaakono Member Posts: 62
    Lots of folks are calling them 'holograms'. A "lenticular" card is a more accurate description:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,355
    Nice, I need to check my box.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    edited March 2014
    I got a total of 3 on 2 separate online orders (late Feb and early March) and 1 in store purchase.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    I was given a whole bunch at the local LEGO store. My daughters and I put one on their storage cart that we have.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    Received one in each Martian Manhunter package I received. Those three orders were eventually cancelled, but I'm not complaining since I got the free gifts.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    edited March 2014
    We got one with the Sea Cow, not sure what picture is on it.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    they are stickers as well, my son peeled the back off one.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I never got these. If anyone has 2 extras, I'll trade you one of the new Imperial Shuttle polys for em.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329

I never got these. If anyone has 2 extras, I'll trade you one of the new Imperial Shuttle polys for em.

PM sent. :-)

• hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 860

I missed "polys" on my first read-through and thought your offer was awfully generous . . . !

madforLEGOLegoManiacc
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,510
    haakono said:

Lots of folks are calling them 'holograms'. A "lenticular" card is a more accurate description:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing

Yes. Calling these holograms is like calling megabloks lego.
    dannyrww
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Variview was the name they had when I was a kid in the 80s. The shields that came with the Secret Wars action figures had them
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    I have a few extra I'm giving away by request with BL orders, but if anybody wants one just PM me.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited March 2014

I'll trade you one of the new Imperial Shuttle polys for em.

Um, are you holding out on us? Where did you find new Imperial Shuttle polys?!!!

So I just went and looked it up, did you get it from Meijers?

Yeah, Meijers. I happened to be in one today and noticed it was cleaned out of the shuttles. It's a cute poly and sells for $4.29. An increase from normal, but at least they didn't raise it to something like $4.99 as Target did with their Easter Friends' poly.

And, I also got my stickers lined up, thanks for those that offered.
    How long ago did you get yours?
    I assume you're asking me about the shuttles. I picked up a few last Sunday. I didn't really ring the bell about them around here because it was announced in the front page article where to get them. Though in fairness, I can agree that some confirmation of them actually being in the wild would have been nice.
    Ever since the switchover to the new site I hardly ever go to brickset and I really need to get back in the habit. As soon as I type b in my browser bar it populates with bricksetforum.com.
    Diggydoes