Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO COLLECTIONS!

Lego_loverLego_lover Member Posts: 4
Hey everyone, I'm a new member and have been scrolling through a lot of the discussions recently. One of the things I love to see are pictures of people's huge Lego collections! It's impressive to see how massive some collections have grown (they're so colourful!) but there aren't that many pictures of them on this forum. I only have a small collection myself and would love to be inspired by others!

Comments

• RJAS1972RJAS1972 Lisbon - PortugalMember Posts: 24
    edited March 2014
    Nice idea!
    It's not all there, maybe 50/60% of mine and my daughter's lego. I have a few more modulares (still closed) and my daughter has her collection of Friends sets, the 11 series of the CMF and a few other minor sets.
    rancorbaitdmg111bluemodernzipsforbananasmurphquake
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,399
    I love a good pictorial collection shot, nice idea, there was a similar thread going on here a while back I think. I always find looking at other collections does two things, gives me great ideas on how to display my stuff (when I finishing building the room for it) and secondly it allows me to show my wife that she really has it easy compaired to other people's collecting habits :)
    Sadly I have nothing on display right now to show, but will enjoy looking at any other collections.
    Shib
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410

I really need to get an updated shot, but here is part of our collection as of 2011.

Are you mostly into MOC's?
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 999
    edited March 2014
    Pitfall69 said:

Are you mostly into MOC's?

MOCing with my kids is my favorite past time. Castles and Modular Buildings are my favorite. Here are some of my MOCs: Sike Costumes, Apartment, Pizza Shop, Blue Grocer and Castle. Notice that they are all 3+ years old.

We moved a year and a half back and I have not built a MOC since, as I just don't have the time with everything going on. Once I get the work done on the house I plan on starting another castle with my two boys (ages 7). In the mean time I have enjoyed building sets with my kids, specifically #10243 Parisian Restaurant and #70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow.

Also keeping me busy is that I have been selling off a small portion of our sets to finance our basement remodel. Once I slow down selling that will free up some times as well. Our sorted sets are not pictured above as we keep them stored in baggies, stored in tupperware, on a shelf in another room.

JeffHklatu003TheBigLegoski
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,524
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    I need updated photos too but this was a portion about a year ago
    zipsforbananas
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 659
    I'm loving all the pics guys- I am inspired!
  • philiptoysphiliptoys Member Posts: 31
    some of my modular and the park image
    zipsforbananas
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    This is my finished Lego room in the basement. It is currently a huge mess because I have all of my collections I've bought off craigslist in the middle because we are finishing the rest of our basement. This represents the bulk of the open and assembled stuff. The bulk of the unopened stock is in another part of the basement.

I love it...but it stresses me out. The collection has grown so fast in the past 4 years and my oldest is in high school (meaning less time for me to spend on this). It has grown quite unruly and requires many hours for proper organization. BTW, my wife would kill me if she knew I was posting these.....so please don't tell her.
    zipsforbananasLegobutterflybobabricks
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    wagnerml2 said:

BTW, my wife would kill me if she knew I was posting these.....so please don't tell her.

LOL!

wagnerml2
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    "Dear Mrs. @wagnerml2,
    This is the LEGO Intervention Chief Officer. Please ensure that the patient is fully restrained during the confiscation of the addictive substance. Don't thank me, it's for my own good. HIS! His own good, heh heh."
    carlqwagnerml2BuzzsawmargotSupersympaLegobutterfly
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,524
    Hah! That looks like my Lego room. Glad I'm not the only one.
    Pitfall69

some of my modular and the park image

Very nice Action Figure collection as well.

I have Lego in more than 2 rooms in the house and another collection at another location. I can't really fit everything into one room.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,508
    While I am living/working in Cameroon I have half of my collection stored at my parents place and the other half stored at my in-laws. I think both believe they have the sum total of my Lego and both think I have way too much. Hopefully they won't find out.
    pharmjodmargotDanGPBuriedinBricksLegoboyPaperballparkFiredoggzipsforbananasmurphquake
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    wagnerml2 said: BTW, my wife would kill me if she knew I was posting these.....so please don't tell her.
    Seriously, I noticed this before having read many many threads on this forum. What is up with all these ever recurring fearful AFOL's in wedlock who seem to tremble at the thought of their wives wrath, in case they are caught by their spouse posting pictures here, or having spend such and such an amount of their own money on their hobby, or having their wife throw their Lego out of the first storey bedroom window on to the lawn (yes, I recall reading that too some time ago here somewhere) et cetera!?

What are you? Men, or mice!

----

@FollowsClosely
    Nice!
    That is one well organized Lego collection.
    Love those Castle towers. So much detail. Did you ever manage to finish that Castle MOC?
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    For me it's the opposite, my husband bought me the Monster Fighters Haunted House for my Birthday next week. I bought him the City Fire Station for his Birthday on Saturday. He is talking about lining the shed with insulation and cementing the floors of the garage in the house we want to buy. I asked him why. He said so we can run our HO trains around the room and he will put shelves up on the walls for all the Lego...isn't that sweet. He said he love to have a room to do all this in. It's not a bad size 20ft x 20ft garage.

At least we are on the same page. We both like the same things...expensive hobbies lol.
    sandtherapy
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    I am and my husband loves me having my addiction..... Ummmm hobby :)
    Legobutterfly
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 954
    Legoboy said:

Seriously, I noticed this before having read many many threads on this forum. What is up with all these ever recurring fearful AFOL's in wedlock who seem to tremble at the thought of their wives wrath.......What are you? Men, or mice!

You're not married are you!
    I am and I wear the pants....not a skirt in my household. :)

TheBigLegoski
    This thread is obviously about who has the bigger penis or lack thereof.

I really want to see more pics of collections please :)
    dougts
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Actually, I stating don't tell her not because of the lego, but because of the mess. She came to grips with my addiction a long time ago.
    BuriedinBricks
    ^I got that.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 954
    Pitfall69 said:

This thread is obviously about who has the bigger penis or lack thereof.

I really want to see more pics of collections please :)

Poorly worded.

If not, there's other sites to satisfy your desire to pics you request. :)
    pharmjodflowerpotgirlTheBigLegoskiKanohiPaperballparkDrLegOBrickRainstorm26GreenArrow57
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    This weekend our daughter is coming to help clean up both Lego shops. When they are clean I'll take some new pics and post them.
    Wow! I must have touched upon a open nerve making that remark about how I observed some forum members (not necessarily one person in particular) lament and repeatedly express their fear of their partners scorn/disapproval for their hobby, and spending habits etc. Unless of course I failed to recognize it was only facetious irony all these times. Then my marital status was brought into question in an attempt to circumvent what I myself brought forth. A good old crafty rhetorical trick, as well as a fallacious argument, to change the subject in order to dodge a question, and instead of answering it lay focus on the critic instead of his criticism. You need not reply, especially if the shoe does not fit, yet choose to do so anyway in this particular fashion. When as @1265 already put it, it essentially only boils down to whom is wearing the pants... I know threads often go off topic, to which I suppose I in this case contributed too, but I never imagined it to digress to penile envy, which is quite curious if not just ludicrous, but only in so far as that it in this case only leaves one wondering why someone would bring something so far-fetched up.

And now many comments down still no more pics have been posted to satisfy the voyeuristic desires of those bricko-philiacs who lust for other peoples Lego.

ps.
    @wagnerml2
    Dude! That had not occurred to me. The mess I mean.
    wagnerml2
    edited March 2014

When as @1265 already put it, it essentially only boils down to whom is wearing the pants...

I must have been sent back in time...what happened to an equal partnership? You do realize that women wear pants too?

Legobutterfly
    ^ Sure women can wear pants too, though I was not discussion fashion, just as I assume you weren't. And my statement was not against equal partnership, if you insist on reading some sort of sexist male-chauvinism into it, then that is your own chose to do so, but not what I wrote nor meant to convey.
    It just seems from the way some 'men' express themselves with regard to their wives I am inclined to think they somehow may have married some sort of Miss Trunchbull!?
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    margot said:

When as @1265 already put it, it essentially only boils down to whom is wearing the pants...

The
    I must have been sent back in time...what happened to an equal partnership? You do realize that women wear pants too?

I agree, what happened to the thread?
    I even see children wearing pants...mmmm that reminds me of how this thread is going.

How about we get back to the pictures of the collections and stop with the caveman showing his dominance....
    margotLego_lover
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    So, getting back to collections, here's my modulars in our living room that I built with my wife... and then there's the Star Wars display I've got in our spare room with the permission of my wife! ;)
    (Expansion coming soon: a half width, half height Billy, pushing the left one further left, letting me put the AT-AT alongside the Rebel Hoth base, and clearing the lower shelf for when I get the new Tatooine sets... whenever that might be!)
    dmg111
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    Wowsers! Sorry about the appalling quality of those shots! Old camera, no effort at lighting, and probably a bit shaky when I took them too! If you click on them, don't bother zooming in to full size! :P
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Lego tables, Sr. and Jr. Storage spaces mostly omitted. It ain't pretty but it sure is fun. He doesn't get to take the Pirate sets upstairs, and I won't let him bring Chima downstairs.
    zipsforbananas
    Do you play "Everything is awesome" on the keyboard while you are building?
    wagnerml2 said:

Actually, I stating don't tell her not because of the lego, but because of the mess. She came to grips with my addiction a long time ago.

I totally got what you meant. It is a shame your comment was taken in an unfortunate direction.

My wife can't stand when our house is messy. Seriously, it is so messy she can't stand without falling over :)

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,119
    I guess I really should have posted this pic here instead. It's one side of my storage room that will soon be turned into a proper LEGO room. I ordered some shelves and a desk . Still a long way to go but its better then what I had.
    EKSamzipsforbananasAdeelZubair
    As a reseller myself I appreciate a good inventory, but let's keep this thread to personal collections.
    TXLegoguy
    ^that is his personal collection. :-) He's got a problem with Walmart clearance...,
    Yellowcastle
    Who's to say it isn't his personal collection, but yes, please keep "inventory" to the reseller threads.
    TXLegoguy
    ^^ If that is the case: tear open those boxes and get sorting.
    TXLegoguybinaryeye
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    1265 said:

Legoboy said:

Seriously, I noticed this before having read many many threads on this forum. What is up with all these ever recurring fearful AFOL's in wedlock who seem to tremble at the thought of their wives wrath.......What are you? Men, or mice!

You're not married are you!
    I am and I wear the pants....not a skirt in my household. :)

ha ha - there are two types of husband - those who know and accept their wife is in charge and those who have been fooled into thinking that isn't the case

i am very much the former
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    wow - it's not entirely clear from the pictures but are there numerous duplicate sets?
    I have lots of duplicate sets. My plan was to hoard as much as I could until I had the space for a dedicated room to build and sort. Now that I do the next step is to add shelves and bins and have a room like I have seen several people on here have.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    ^ Actually both Walmart and Target clearances. I wish I have this problem in my area. ;)
    Don't forget Kmart
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    He has the Greater New Orleans area covered for Lego clearance lol
    Thanos75Yellowcastle
  • Lego_loverLego_lover Member Posts: 4
    Wow these are some impressive collections! What's the draw to duplicate sets? Is it for parts for MOCs?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367

Wow these are some impressive collections! What's the draw to duplicate sets? Is it for parts for MOCs?

Yes
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    @Thanos nice collection, a lovely mosaic Lego box wall covering you have there :p

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I know of someone else who hits up clearance sales and buys multiples, for example he recently bought 500 S1 Friends Animal Polys. I just assumed that he was a reseller or had a Bricklink parts store but no he has no interest in reselling.

Do you think you will continue collecting at this rate? Assuming you are into Lego for the next 20 years I think your going to need a bigger Lego room :)