Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] [email protected] sale now 50% off

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,873
    Big Zoo now showing temporarily out of stock with no way to add to cart... for now. May or may not come back seeing as the Helicopter Rescue set did the same thing.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,702
    I am surprised the last few Speedorz are still priced at only 50% off. I am pretty sure they have been at that price since last summer. Construct-a-Zurg has a new rival and his name is Nest Dive.
    sidersddadol7Rainstorm26Yellowcastle
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    They recently added the fire helicopter, 60010 for $19.99 to the [email protected] sale
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    The #9464 - Vampire Hearse was also back up for a nanosecond. Added it to my cart, by the time I got to checkout it was gone. :(
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    I wonder of the Hearse was ever actually there. I tried ordering the T-Rexes when they reappeared a couple days ago. Immediately after my order was made, I noticed they showed as sold out and my order went into customer service status. The T-Rexes were eventually cancelled.
  • 1stflabuyer1stflabuyer Member Posts: 17
    #9464 - I added a couple to an order I had open (@$8.98). Status in my order was just moved to "backordered". My guess is that they get cancelled.
    Sounds like the Hearse might not have been in stock, but I can verify that the T-Rex baubles were. I padded an order on Tuesday with 8 to get to $75 and it shipped yesterday. [email protected] is really flakey this week!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,302
    edited March 2014
    LEGO's site has been a bit wacky. The SW skiffs were shown as on sale, but did not show as such in my cart.
    Now their sales and deals (and city sets) page seem to be missing sets like the Helicopter rescue set, but yet it is on sale in my cart and still showing as back-ordered.

But it appears the skiff and arrest sets are in fact no longer on sale. At least as i write this
    ^ Looks like the Helicopter Rescue went from backordered to 'Product Not Available'. [email protected] was serious about getting rid of that set!

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Helicopter-Rescue-4429
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Even Lego gets sick of looking at sets in the warehouse. I know how they feel.
    pharmjodbluedragon
    edited March 2014
    LOL, #4429 is still in my cart with a price on it.. When I went to check out it still appears in my cart. Guessing if I completed the checkout they would say it is not available in a later email
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    ^ More than likely they just pull the plug on the page at the front end only so it still works if you already put it into the cart as the rest of the reference still works in the system. Typical way to stop the bleeding on a retail site. ;)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    That set sat around the warehouse for 2 years. WAY OVER PRICED, and BAM! they offer a 50% discount, when really it's at what I would call 30% off...and it goes flying.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    all the starwar sets that were showing up as sale including
    #4429 50%
    #9526 50%
    #9500 ~72$
    to name few
    margot said:

looks like sale ended. the cart shows regular price.

??

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Pally's Arrest page is gone but it looks like they Shipped my Martian Manhunter and Lego City Undercover already. Order Status on site is kind of confusing. Hope they ship Pally's Arrest before their May 2nd guesstamation as my card expires in April.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,402
    ^Dang...mine does too now that you mention it. Thanks for the heads up!
    You can probably call and explain that and use a different card.
    i don't think they will hold your shipment that long. i am pretty sure that they get shipped within 2-3 weeks at the most...
    in multiple orders, discounted items got selectively cancelled ... :(
    Well, I hope they sent me the Wii U version of Lego City Undercover and not the 3DS version. >_<
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,402
    I received an email from TLG the other day that stated the two #70000 sets I ordered for $2.98 were canceled. I just received a shipping notice from TLG stating that they has shipped along with the other stuff in my order. I guess I'll have to wait and see which email was correct. It sounds like TLG's proverbial left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing...
    I still have items on back order. Will wait and see. I already got my 2 Martian Manhunters so if my orders are cancelled it only saves me money and I have the MM figs to show for it.
    TheLoneTensor
  • gamecocksteeplegamecocksteeple Member Posts: 19
    ^^ I had received a similar e-mail and the shipping notice said #70000 had shipped and it arrived with the rest of the order yesterday.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Can we expect #70703 (GS Star Slicer) to survive to see a deeper discount than the current 50%? I can't quite pull the trigger on it even at half off, but I would buy a few if it dropped to $10-15.
    I wouldn't be surprised, but it won't last long if it does drop further. Not sure how long #70000 lasted, but I think it went pretty quickly.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    edited March 2014
    The Star Slicer was grossly overpriced at $40. I bought one at $20 to pad an order to $75. $30 is what it should have retailed for. Will it drop more? Maybe. But like Pharmjod said, it will probably sell out fast like the Vampyre Hearst did.

As a side rant: Why the heck is it taking Lego so long to restock the Mars Rover? That set sold out in less than a month. Did they not have a clue that it would be popular? Are people still able to find them at the Lego Discovery centers?
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 861
    Definitely did not get my Big Zoo. Oh well.

Anyone know where else the set might be available (at RRP or below)? Or was this a LEGO exclusive?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

Anyone know where else the set might be available (at RRP or below)? Or was this a LEGO exclusive?

Oddly enough, it's back on the Sales and Deals page with a status of "Available Now" at 50% off.
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    My #9526 was cancelled. Bummer. Anyone else's still on backorder?
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    ^ Mine still back ordered. My big zoo has shipped.
    dyamn that was fast.. its already "call to check product availability" :D
    binaryeye said:

Oddly enough, it's back on the Sales and Deals page with a status of "Available Now" at 50% off.
    call them and order. you should ask them why you didn't get yours and they are selling back.. right?

Definitely did not get my Big Zoo. Oh well.

mine #9464 and #9516 got cancelled.. lets see what else they are going to cancel :D

My #9526 was cancelled. Bummer. Anyone else's still on backorder?

[email protected] clearance purchases are no guarantee. I usually don't have a problem, but when a bunch of quality discounts appears (and has a lot of buzz in the forums), I know the risk is higher.
    TBH, I had several orders for the Zoo canceled but the Martian Manhunter shipped. Got the email saying they would reinstate the orders, but it never happened. So I just ordered some others while it was still available. If they ship canceled ones, great. If not, free Martian Manhunters ;)
  • BrickamoreBrickamore USAMember Posts: 56
    Bah! My order of several Razcal's Glider #70000 and Pet Shop #10218 were "delivered", but not to my house. :(
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited March 2014
    My only cancellation so far are the T-Rex baubles. Palpatine's Arrest and Helicopter Rescue are still on backorder. Everything else is in transit.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 861
    Spoke to [email protected] this morning. They told me they sold out of Big Zoo within hours of the sale going live and snide them there have been issues with the web team in taking it off the website.
    mathew said:

As a side rant: Why the heck is it taking Lego so long to restock the Mars Rover? That set sold out in less than a month. Did they not have a clue that it would be popular? Are people still able to find them at the Lego Discovery centers?

Yep...I'm waiting to order the Mars Rover as well, and am periodically checking its availability. Surprised they don't have it back in stock yet...

As for my other orders, so far nothing has been canceled. I did receive a couple Martian Manhunters already, but am waiting for #9526 like everyone else.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    Have three back orders, however, received my three Martian Manhunter polys.
    Will see today if they sent me the Wii U version of Lego City Undercover or 3DS version.^^;;(Ordered WiiU) Also waiting on #9526 (backordered).
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Just curious to those who got their Palp's Arrest canceled, when did you order? I ordered 2 on 3/4, and my Martian Manhunter should arrive today - wondering if any orders placed before mine have gotten canceled.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,702
    My PA is still listed as backordered. The last of the Duplo sets I got is prepping for shipping so it looks like I will get 5 parcels total if I do eventually get the PA.
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    I placed my order on 3/3 for PA. No communication that it has been cancelled so I am hopeful
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,124
    PA on 3/4. still says backordered for me. on another note, my Mars Rover ordered on Jan. 21 finally shipped on Friday.
    As of today I've received everything I order (wrt this sale) except #9526. I even received the #70000 sets that TLG notified me were canceled.
    Zon
    did they cancel on your order? or just the email.

As of today I've received everything I order (wrt this sale) except #9526. I even received the #70000 sets that TLG notified me were canceled.

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    dougts said:

PA on 3/4. still says backordered for me. on another note, my Mars Rover ordered on Jan. 21 finally shipped on Friday.

Mine was shipped yesterday (Ordered on Feb 3rd). It would be ironic (but fitting) if the back ordered Mars Rover are shipped along with the Martian Manhunter :)
    Just got my Martian Manhunter with Lego City Undercover Wii U today. Ordered early morning with Pally's Arrest on 3/4. Backordered.
    edited March 2014

did they cancel on your order? or just the email.

They sent me a notice of cancellation via email. To be honest, I didn't check my order. It was a pleasant surprise to have received it after all.