Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help with friends wedding - UK - 100 polys wanted

bitsathisbitsathis Member Posts: 140
Hello,

A friend has asked me (they know i am into Lego) to help with plans for their wedding favours. They looking to either put a bundle of bricks in the centre of each table of 10 for guests to build and play with or each guest having a random poly bag to open and build. I am favouring the poly route and have donated the 30 polys i have but still would need 100 or so. They dont need to be rare, or have figures i am just looking for 100 cheap sealed lego polys that guests cans open. If anyone can help with a bulk lot of cheap polys, pm me details and i will give it some thought. My budget is only £40 so might need some creative suggestions or tips.

Thanks

Comments

• JessyDooDahJessyDooDah UK Member Posts: 228
    Isn't there a newspaper promo due at Easter?
    I think that would be the cheapest and most straight forward route.
    :)
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 609
    £40 for 70 polys looks quite a stretch.

How about a couple of mixels per table instead? Which can be combined into something unique and maybe kept by the bride and groom as mementos?
    TheBrickLadd
  • bitsathisbitsathis Member Posts: 140
    ^ will check out some mixels to see if they will do the job, otherwise it could just be a few #10662 buckets
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,559
    bitsathis said:

^ will check out some mixels to see if they will do the job, otherwise it could just be a few #10662 buckets

You'll probably have much more joy at getting the buckets for that price than the polys.

It may also bring out a little more creativity.

• infernalbrickinfernalbrick Member Posts: 24
    Sounds like a great idea! Personally I think the buckets would get a little messy. Polybags enable each guest to really get into it without fighting to get their hand in a bucket!

I've got a handful of Ninjago & Pharaohs Quest polys if you want to pay postage?

Just PM me and I can give you a full list.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    40p per poly is going to be tough. Postage will not be cheap for a 100 polybags either.
  • jockosjunglejockosjungle Member Posts: 701
    You won't even get 100 polys for £40 with the Daily Mail, think its about 70p
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 279
    ^ you might if they don't invalidate the coupon and then re-use it, or offer to not take the papers some stores might give more bags for this
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,395
    hantot said:

^ you might if they don't invalidate the coupon and then re-use it, or offer to not take the papers some stores might give more bags for this

It's not a very honest way to get them but true. if WH Smiths have them quite often when you buy the paper they don't bother taking out the voucher but some branches I've been to have scribbled over the barcode of the voucher. They are most likely to give you the Lego without finding the voucher page if they are busy. However if it's a Toys R Us giveaway they always ask for the voucher in my experience
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,589
    Maybe people should only comment if they can actually help out the OP?
    Of course I've now not followed my own advice but with the good intention of trying to get the thread back on topic....
    cheshirecat
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652

Maybe people should only comment if they can actually help out the OP?
    Of course I've now not followed my own advice but with the good intention of trying to get the thread back on topic....

Every post, with the exception of a reply by the OP and your comment, has either offered suggestions on where or how to obtain the requested polys or given a reason why the suggested approach will not work. Others have given alternative solutions, and one offered some polys with the request to send a PM If interested. I don't see how any of these comments can remotely suggest even a slight drift off topic.
    Shib
    Thanks for all posts and suggestions and thanks to @infernalbrick for the offer of some polys. Defo going down the polys route so might have to look for some cheap bulk deals on ebay etc to try and makeup the number. Will keep an eye out for a newspaper offer as suggested and will see where i get to with numbers.

At my last count i have 42 including the 8 from @infernalbrick‌ so only around 50 to go to make it workable.
    Polys arrived safe and well from @infernalbrick‌ thanks to him and the others who have sent me some. Reckon i only need around 30 more or so. Anyone with loads of sealed low value polys looking for a new home?