Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] 2013 Year End Clearance

15678911»

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    binaryeye said:

Wow. Target clearance simply never gets to 70% off where I live. Once it hits 30% off, most of it goes, and very rarely does anything go down to 50% off.

no kidding. it's so frustrating to read about these all the time. my local store shelves empty on the early morning of day 1 of 30%. It's a very rare find to get something at 50% even.

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Got 2 #75019 and a #70709 for 70% off. Still no #30300 though!
    prevere
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    Wow.. Nice deals!
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I got 2 X wing and also 4 #60001, the fire Chief car for 3.88 each!
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I went to Target to get storage boxes for the move .....I really didn't expect to find all of that. While I do still find good deals I'm certainly seeing more competition. Lately I have been seeing the isles picked over and the only thing left are the sets with damaged boxes.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    One of my local Targets had lots of Ninjago, Galaxy Squad, SW, TMNT at 30% off on Monday and when I stopped in today they had reset the shelves with all the new Lego. I had asked where the clearance Lego went and she said they boxed it all up to be sent back. Yet the other Target clearanced out their remaining Lego at 50% off last week. And still no #30300.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Scored two galactic titans for $30 each. There are deals outside of Louisiana.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,384
    @Thanos75- Any houses for sale down in your area? I'm considering moving.
    Yellowcastle
    Now lets not start getting crazy. Last thing I want to see is an Alaska style gold rush to the Big Easy. I think I will just make everyone happy and keep my finds quiet ....for awhile.

....P.S.....Property is very expensive down here. Very high crime rate. Plus dont forget about the hurricanes. If it wasnt for my children and job I certainly wouldnt be living down here. Good deals on LEGO or not.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    edited February 2014
    ^ Finally got 75019 and 75005 for 70% off. Missed 76005 but suspected they hid the sets in the back room. Caught them red handed that way for the 75019 as one of the supervisor was nice enough to check there. The Funny part was 75019 supposed to be $26.08 and the stashed away pile was labelled $62.98, coincident?
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    I finally found her. Stashed away at the very bottom, adrift a sea of 30% off rogue bricks. She beckoned to me, her AT-AT form entrancing. I reached out, gingerly, knowing her price may be too high. Boom. $26.98. True Love.
    SquareSide
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    I scored 70% off Ninjago Temple of Light. I bought 4, I love the pieces in that set.
    pharmjod
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    If anyone has extra 70% off Lego sets that they would like to sell me for the Fairy Bricks hospital donation please pm me. Thanks!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I've got to stop reading this thread. all these 70% off finds are killing me.
    spaztrickSquareSideYellowcastle
    ^ I noticed that some stores intentionally did not lower the price and stopped at the 30% then went straight to salvage, possible an inside job. I monitored one store near my office which had a pile of 76007 which stuck at 30% for over a month. I saw them moving them to the cart and asked about the price yesterday, which was still 30% and was told they would not change it this week. Today the store inventory was completely gone, most likely it went to salvage and someone pocketed them.
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    "Salvage" doesn't allow the possibility of employees taking them for free, at least in my region. There is a company in Tennessee that is (or was, a couple of years ago) contracted to take Target's salvage merch in bulk. I have personally spoken to that company's buyer on the phone. Hence in my region, there is no Target stuff at Goodwill, for example.
    edited February 2014
    ^ They either hid it long enough or no discount for a long time so it is possible to put extreme discount at the last minute and let friends to get them or simply disappeared. Once the merchandises went to clearance, the location of the item was no longer recorded thus no way to trace and conflict inventory level will be set to zero once goes to salvage. I also encountered last night in another Target where 70% discounted sets were suddenly showed up in the back room when I asked a supervisor since their system showed 5 copies and none of them were on the floor. His direct report digged out a copy from the back room with the discount label still with $60+ but the scanned price showing 70% off ($26.98). I am not suggesting that all stores did this but 2 of the stores I hit yesterday were very suspicious.
    edited February 2014
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I've noticed that Target has completely cleared out The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Galaxy Squad sets from store shelves. Their website also states "online only". Is this a recent trend? Some of these sets have been out for less than a year.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Got lucky. one target still had a could good sales. I got one each of the shell raiser chase on sale for $ 30 and a dol guldur ambush for 5.98!
    Thanos75
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    Went into one of the Washington D.C. area targets today and there was a small pile of #75003 A-wings and two #7965 Millennium Falcons in the middle of the aisle. Both of them were 50% off. The shelves were tagged for the new Star Wars merchandise but they hadn't stocked the shelves yet. Checked another Target on the way home and A-wings were $25 there. Pretty happy because I had only stopped in to get some Friends animal bags which were priced at $1.48.
    SquareSide

Got lucky. one target still had a could good sales. I got one each of the shell raiser chase on sale for $ 30 and a dol guldur ambush for 5.98!

correction. looked at the receipt today and I didn't realize it when I got it but the shell raiser was 17.98, not 29.98!!!

we were out shopping today thankfully and I got a second one. so now i have One to build, one to part out! epic win!

adol7
    One of my Walmarts had 75% off of clearance again today, just for part of the day. If anyone has Walmarts with clearance Lego left it's totally worth finding a manager and asking them if they will give you 75% off of clearance Lego. I've been 2 for 2 stores and the 3rd store had already packed away the clearance stuff. The managers can do it at the beginning of the month when they still have money. (I have no idea how that works but I just know that one manager told me no on Feb 28th but said if I came back on March 1 then absolutely because she would have money ..)
  • murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    When asking a Manager, do you have to ask a department manager? or do you speak with the General Manager?
    General
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    murrough said:

When asking a Manager, do you have to ask a department manager? or do you speak with the General Manager?

But it probably doesn't matter as neither of them have been testicles with LEGO for weeks.

;oP
    MathBuilderLegoManiacc
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    ^LOL

But it probably doesn't matter as neither of them have been testicles with LEGO for weeks.

;oP

LOL @pitfall69
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    LOL!!! Yowsers, that was quite the auto-correct.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I don't know what's funnier with the whole testicles thing, the mere word, or the fact that the smartphone actually thought to itself "Well, clearly he meant to say testicles, so I'm going with that"
    madforLEGO
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Siri, find me a 24 hour vegan Thai restaurant in Buenos Aires... Done.

Siri, check my syntax... Siri?
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    I saw a bunch of Lego Batman Tumbler Chase sets, a few Batcaves, some Battle of Smallville sets, a Jabba's Palace, and a Rancor Pit today while I was scouting around at a few Walmarts. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on any of them, and I'm a little too timid to pull @margot‌'s trick about asking the store GM for a deep discount on it. Maybe if they're still there next time I'll give it a try.
    edited March 2014
    I went to Walmart today to pick up a few things for the new place and I just couldnt resist a pass through the clearance section....I knew I shouldnt have. I found a nice stack of sets. I havent checked any other WM's so I have no clue if they are on sale anywhere else. Usually when an item ends in".00" it means they pulled its shelf space. I couldnt pass up such a great deal but I did fight the urge and only picked up one of each.

#79014 Dol Guldur Battle ....$40.00
    #41016 Friends Advent .... $10.00
    #70706 Crater Creeper .... $7.00
    #70402 Gate House Raid .... $13.00
    #70725 Nindroid MechDragon ....$30.00 .....yes $30.00
    These were all in the clearance section with the big red stickers on them. Like I said I only picked up one of each..which was a true test of my will power. So if anyone is around the LaPlace,LA Walmart they are in the clearance section by lawn and garden.
    JeffH
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Only one each??? You're slacking @Thanos75‌ lol
    Told you...i'm turning a new leaf with my LEGO addiction ...I mean hobby.
    SquareSidebrickupdatepharmjodEKSamsandtherapy
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    My Walmart still has several Galaxy Squad sets (but no other themes) at or around 50% off. It doesn't look like a single set has sold in at least a week.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Super score. Dolphin Cruiser for 50% off at Walmart. Box has a few dents from the spider wrap, but this is destined to be a birthday present later this year for my daughter.

Now I just have to resist giving it to her until October.
    Thanos75madforLEGOFollowsClosely
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Checked out a Kroger Marketplace store in Amelia, Ohio(east of Cincinnati). They had a lot of Lego sets for 50% off or more. Rancor Pit for $29.99. Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase $19.99. Council of Elrond $10.50. Black Zero Escape $6. Battle of Smallville $25.00. Lots of Galaxy Squad sets 50% off or more as well. I didn't check the Chima or Ninjago, but I'm sure many of them were as well.
    starwarfan77
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341

nice haul....
    s

Checked out a Kroger Marketplace store in Amelia, Ohio(east of Cincinnati). They had a lot of Lego sets for 50% off or more. Rancor Pit for $29.99. Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase $19.99. Council of Elrond $10.50. Black Zero Escape $6. Battle of Smallville $25.00. Lots of Galaxy Squad sets 50% off or more as well. I didn't check the Chima or Ninjago, but I'm sure many of them were as well.

• ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Found 2x #70503 Ninjago Golden Dragon 70% off at Target this morning. Both boxes were on the Lego aisle and were not marked as clearance.

Always scan... just in case!

I pull up Brickset on my phone, and use the barcodes from the site at store scanners. Saves a bunch of time (and the stares of shoppers as you trek back and forth with Lego boxes in tow!).
    OUWxGuesser
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    ^^^^lol that was me the other day, walking back and forth with boxes, because none of them were marked with the sale price.
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    YoYo has 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge for $99.99 plus $20.00 off with code TOYSALE2.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Zon said:

Found 2x #70503 Ninjago Golden Dragon 70% off at Target this morning. Both boxes were on the Lego aisle and were not marked as clearance.

I pull up Brickset on my phone, and use the barcodes from the site at store scanners. Saves a bunch of time (and the stares of shoppers as you trek back and forth with Lego boxes in tow!).

Just wondering.. so you look up brickset.com by set numbers and scan one by one? This means you have to remember all set numbers that you are scanning, correct? Or is there any other way to do it easily?

I have been loading carts with actual sets and scanned them at Kroger. After seeing your comment I may just take photos of the barcodes from box and scan them.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    kim43235 said:

Zon said:

Just wondering.. so you look up brickset.com by set numbers and scan one by one? This means you have to remember all set numbers that you are scanning, correct? Or is there any other way to do it easily?

I have been loading carts with actual sets and scanned them at Kroger. After seeing your comment I may just take photos of the barcodes from box and scan them.
    I look them up on the aisle, then (on iPhone) push and hold on the barcode image and save it to my photos. Once at the scanner, it's a pretty quick process of scanning and swiping to the next photo. Only have to look them up once!

Love me some Brickset barcodes!
    CupIsHalfEmpty
    Wow. Target clearance simply never gets to 70% off where I live. Once it hits 30% off, most of it goes, and very rarely does anything go down to 50% off.
    it tends to be 30, maybe 50 around here. I got lucky with the 70% off on the shell raiser(17,98) but I think it went down so far since the set just falls apart so easily. Not regretting it for parts though.