Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    I do not think they are from the same set, at least bag 6 looks to be from #7672
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,469
    edited January 2014
    Looks like maybe parts from #7672 Rogue Shadow. But not bag number 3, only 5, 6 and 7.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @CupIsHalfEmpty Well, they are not all from the same set, bag 7 appears to contain this part in light bluish grey, which only appears in #4504 and #7965. So I would assume it is from #7965. Bag 6 has this piece, a lot of possibilities for that one. But I think it may well be #7672 as the bag has three parts that are in the set: this one, this one, and this one. and most of the parts are black, so I'm pretty sure that's the one.

The other two bags don't have any significant clue as to what they are from, sorry :o( Maybe if you know what the year printed on each bag was it would help a little?
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    @CupIsHalfEmpty my guess for bag 3 is #7029 Skeleton Ship Attack based on the 2x12 red plate and the wing in the upper right corner.
  • LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
    Can someone ID the hinge looking part in the attached picture for me? Thanks...

Steve
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,540
    edited January 2014
    FYI There is an existing thread for such assistance:
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/513/master-thread-help-identifying-parts#latest

Also the part you are looking for is a technic piece. It this I believe:http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32529

Finally. For future reference, if you know the set number/name that has that part, you can go to www.bricklink.com, in the search box select 'catalog items' from the drop down and enter the set name/number. Most sets that have been out for a but of time have an 'inv' link, which is a link to their inventory which describes the part and if you enable it you can see the pic of the part as well.
    Hopefully this will assist you in finding parts in the future if you know the set number :-)
    edited January 2014
    Double post...Sorry

Steve
    Please help me identify the hinge looking part in the picture...Thanks...

Steve
    Thanks for the guidance...Still learning my way around here!

Steve
  • NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 444
    I have bundle of minifigs that i would like to complette. Is there a guide to all minifigs that i can download? (I dont have the internet at home.) The figs are mostly city. Thanks.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    I've been bagging up a load of parts for selling, and I seem to have two versions of http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=329726 (33 3x4 slope)

The colour is black, but my bulk (300 new bricks) have a smooth surface. Some of the others, which seem to have been parted out from sets have a rough surface. Anyone know about this or why this is? Did Lego make a change to the moulds at some point?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2014
    ^ From back in 2011
    bluemoose said:

A couple of years ago, when a bunch of the roof slope moulds were getting to the end of their useful life, Design Lab decided that it would be a good idea if all slopes (roof & curved) had a matching smooth look, and started making the new roof slope moulds with a smooth texture (it was also better for sticker adhesion); a short while after they had made the change, they decided it didn't work too well after all, and reversed the change, back to textured roof slopes. It does mean that there are a mixture of the different types in circulation, & in LEGO's brick store, and it's going to be a while until all the temporary smooth roof slopes stop popping up in sets.

• iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    ^ Good find. Thanks. I'm trying to fathom whether its good that I've got 300 of these or not??? Guess if I sell them I'll just declare them as the smooth type so there are no disappointed buyers. Cheers.
  • mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
    Can't find this torso or legs/hips on BL. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    @mrbradford, Legs are these
    thanks ColoradoBricks and Joseph!
    Hi: Received several of these doors in a bulk pack...What type of door frame do I need for this door? Thanks,

Steve
    edited February 2014
    This one! http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3581
    By the way, there is no door "frame" for this, just the brick that holds it.
    @LTCSZ , usually those do not have a frame and are hinged with a Brick, Modified 1 x 1 x 2 with Shutter Holder
    edited February 2014
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited February 2014
    - Nevermind, just replied to the first page.
    andhe
  • tamtam Member Posts: 6
    This is another older bionicles portion -looks more like a vehicle part than a Titan -but could even be someone's personal creation. Any ideas if it has a part number?
    ^ It looks like part of this guy. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8596-1
  • edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    Can anyone discern anything from this?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,897
    ^I see a plane nose, a whole lot of grey and a mysterious stranger (Sorry getting my pyschic wires crossed there).
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    ^^Tip it all out and let us get a better view. ;-)
    MorkMan
  • tamtam Member Posts: 6
    oldtodd33 said:

^ It looks like part of this guy. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=8596-1

Hey. Good spotting. I think you are right 8596 Takanuva. Thanks heaps
    minifig head - dual sided. the other side has a brown band instead of eyes. Head is dark bluish gray. Thanks in advance for your help!
    edited February 2014
    dup post
    unk.JPG 46.7K
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Hi all,

Anyone know what sets, possible names and value is of the attached?

Not a Star Wars collector and got these in a job lot

Cheers

murphquake
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Left to right (when the image is right-side-up):

Clone Gunner
    Commander Cody
    Commander Fox
    Captain Rex
    TheBrickLadd
    Thank you ^
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Hey all. I managed to score a holiday train in a large lot, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out which part moulds to use. Is the black inverted roof tile used on the engine smooth or rough? Does the underside of the 1x6 bricks have solid or tubular supports? I have so many pieces and I just can't narrow it down from the manual. Thanks!
    ^ At least for my copy, the inverted bricks are rough and the 1x6 bricks (the ones I checked in the engine that is) have the tubular supports.
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Thanks @joseph! I have enough pieces to go either option, but I appreciate accuracy. May I PM if I have another question?
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Who are these and from what set do they come from?
    murphquake
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    It's hard to make out the detailing on the pilot's helmet, but it looks like Wedge Antilles (likely from #6212). The next one is a shadow stormtrooper, then two sandtroopers. The bottom row is a couple of clones and then a stormtrooper. I'm not familiar enough with the clones to ID a set, but the sandtroopers and stormtroopers are in multiple different sets. The sandtroopers pre-date #9490 as they have the 'clean' print and orange pauldron, but they could be from any sandtrooper set prior to that.
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Thank you. You were correct for wedge. I was able to locate him...
    No problem; and yes, do feel free to message me if you have other questions @mooman66!
  • ThaVillainThaVillain Member Posts: 4
    So i came across a lego find on craigslist and wanna know whats in it. The pics are kinda vague, but any help appreciated. No price was listed, whats a good price to offer? Thanks everyone!
    Hi, just off the bat I can spot some minifigures exclusive to #7914 and #7913. Also in the middle picture I can definitely see #7748.
    It might help if your willing to tip it out/spread it out a bit so we can see more of what's in there.

For future reference, there's a whole thread where you can post your pictures and people will try and identify what you've got. :-)
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/513/master-thread-help-identifying-parts#latest
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2014
    I see dragon wings from #7048. The blue Rock Monster is from the Power Miner series and was in 4 sets (#8707, #8961, #8958, or #8964). Also there are Bionicles in there. The clear plastic wings in the top middle are from #8695 or #6228.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    ^^ From the wording, it is not his yet to spread out. It's finding out what it might be, to come up with an offer.
    CCC said:

^^ From the wording, it is not his yet to spread out. It's finding out what it might be, to come up with an offer.

Ah, of course. That'll teach me to actually read the post next time. :-P

Got a few more figs I'm unsure of their names... Anyone got any idea?
  • ljames28ljames28 Member Posts: 88
    Asajj Ventress on the left, a messed up Onaconda Farr in the middle, a space guy I don't recognise, and then on the right is Senate commando.
    TheBrickLadd
    thanks @ljames28 :)