Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars 2014

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Minifigs from #75053

I must say, I love that bothan!(?) The jedi and the Twi'lek don't look like much. Everything except the mouthpiece looks awesome on the stormtrooper, I'm definitely going to pick up a few.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    They do release the pics it was practcally condirmed at afolcon 2012
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,336
    @rancorbait - I like the Stormtrooper, very stylish (although I would prefer the torso to be a bit closer to the current version).
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    The stormtrooper "mouth" looks weird to me, too arched.
    red5
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,009
    I've just noticed that the new TC-4 minifigure will be available at TRU (in the UK at least!) for a very reasonable £2.49 :-)
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    when is that ? ^
    Hi, it's just been added to the website but is currently out of stock...I've requested a stock alert and I'll add a post when I hear anything.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,080
    If TRU are selling TC4 then at least we should be getting a different May 4th poly for sure.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I read that Star Wars The Clone Wars season 6 is coming. (I think on Netflix ) So there should be some more Clone Wars sets in the future.
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92
    margot said:

I read that Star Wars The Clone Wars season 6 is coming. (I think on Netflix ) So there should be some more Clone Wars sets in the future.

I know that there is a German TV Station that will start running Season 6 of the Clone Wars I think starting the beginning of March or late February.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    margot said:

Yes in USA Clone Wars Season 6 (The Lost Missions) will be exclusive to Netflix which is total BS: I have to pay for Netflix for 13 episodes or wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release probably towards the end of the year.

Netflix is going to be the exclusive online streaming content provider for most of Disney's shows it looks like.

I would not expect, though I would love, new sets based on the CW since the future is Rebels. They have a lot of material to draw from: last night I was watching The Gathering" episodes from season 5 with my kids and there are some nice sets that could be made and figures that could be added to the Lego SW family...
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,944
    Wait...do my eyes decieve me?! Is it...can it be...Is that Boss from Republic Commandos? In TCW? If we get Republic Commandos Lego sets I may buy Lego Star Wars again. I may or may not also start drooling uncontrollably.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    ^^ i'm sure you can find the episodes on some interweb thing for free if you know where to look. Unfortunately I don't know where to look.

Wait...do my eyes decieve me?! Is it...can it be...Is that Boss from Republic Commandos? In TCW? If we get Republic Commandos Lego sets I may buy Lego Star Wars again. I may or may not also start drooling uncontrollably.

Yes that is he they dedicated 2 episodes to the Gregor character it was really good.
    cavegod said:

^^ i'm sure you can find the episodes on some interweb thing for free if you know where to look. Unfortunately I don't know where to look.

Yeah I know: I try to avoid the sites that are breaking copyright laws, just my preference. I will probably just pay Netflix for that 3 or so months that the series will run. I have the complete 5 season set on Blu-ray so I don't need to stream any of that.
    Photos from the NY toy fair are now online, just have a quick trawl through the usual sites for a link ;-) The AT-AT is 1137 parts and is an improvement on the last version, and Mos Eisley looks a must buy, although I'm not that impressed by the new Dewback.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^I actually really like the new Dewback, though the new snowtroopers are pretty much just as terrible as the new stormtroopers. I'm not sure how I feel about the ISD yet. It looks quite small in the photos.
    How are the new snowtroopers terrible? I thought they looked more accurate than ever!
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Who is the guy with the tan torso and legs in the B-Wing set?
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,336
    I like these updated Minifigures, but equally resent them as the arrival of these new Snowtroopers make the older versions obsolete to an extent.
    @binaryeye I believe he is General Airen Cracken :o)
    Still no May 4th UCS (or large system scale) sand crawler picture leaks?
    FollowsClosely
  • legofanfromleedslegofanfromleeds legoland...England Member Posts: 396
    Ok I give in ... can you post some links please..im missing out on the action. .
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    NY pictures look great, might be my lack of an expert eye, but the B-Wing and AT-AT and ISD look very similar to the older versions, Snowspeeder looks slightly improved and colours have been changed around. Cantina look like a great set, new Snow Troopers are more accurate to film and look good. Being a huge OT fan and not owning any of the older versions, expect the 2006 B-Wing and Snowspeeders from few Hoth Sets, I will still more than likely buy all the new sets, would guess around £90 for the larger sets, so I will start saving now !

@binaryeye I believe he is General Airen Cracken :o)

That's definitely Cracken, who, along with Horton Salm, really enforces the 'random figures that make no sense' idea that LEGO seems to be all about these days (which I'm totally on board with, since there's no way I'd get those characters otherwise). I'm actually surprised that they didn't shoe-horn Han or Luke into the set somehow. I do find it mildly comical that Salm is piloting the B-Wing on the box art, though.
    Really liking those NYTF pics. AT-AT is looking very good, best looking legs/feet on an AT-AT, if not for the loss of the printed knee/hip joints they'd be nigh-on perfect for a system sized AT-AT.

The rear parts of the snowspeeder guns are improved, those B-wing minifigs look great, although I have no interest in the system set with a UCS version on the shelf. The look of the ISD is also great for a non-UCS.

I don't think there is a single OT SW set there I wouldn't consider buying. Not liking the "sad" Stormtroopers from Rebels though.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 785
    From the ISD box art the imperial
    officers look to have have new cap molds and what looks like new torso printing on Vadar.

Ok I give in ... can you post some links please..im missing out on the action. .

Google 'New York Toy fair 2014 Lego' and that should work ;-)

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I think I'll be picking up the Jedi Scout Fighter when it goes on sale. Good looking ship and cool minifigs. AT-AT and Cantina as well.

Another neat thing about the Cantina is that it can function as a diorama to display minifigs. As much as people love Jabba's Palace it really was nothing more than a rehash of the Cantina complete with weird aliens, a band etc. Actually Return of the Jedi is pretty much a rehash of the first two films. The Lego version of Jabba's Palace didn't do much for me. It was more like Jabba's Studio Apartment.
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Snowspeeder looks to be the best one yet but I don't think I'll be getting it as I have a whole bunch of the older ones. Cantina does look much better than I expected but may have to get 2 or even 3 to make a good sized one.
    For me though the original AT-AT #4483 is still by far the best looking, all the others are just so out of proportion.
  • legofanfromleedslegofanfromleeds legoland...England Member Posts: 396
    Thank you...I'll give ot a whirl. .
    Lobot said:

Google 'New York Toy fair 2014 Lego' and that should work ;-)

The Jedi Scout Fighter looks to me as one of the best ships, and includes 2 new Jedi to add to the collection, the Ithorian Jedi (hammerhead) is really great to see it was one of my favorites in the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series 2003-2005.
    It sounds like the future of Star Wars toys is in the OT and post-Disney productions (e.g. Rebels and sequel trilogy):
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13152/

Though this news is about Hasbro and action figures, I'd be surprised if the same doesn't apply to LEGO.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Yay!! The EU is dead for sure now, just a matter of time before their continuity will crumble.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited February 2014
    I "might" just have to go outside of my SW OT bubble if the Rebels sets are decent. Not liking the Phantom or Ghost sets though. I have to have the Ithorian minifig, because he will go nicely in the Cantina set(no Momaw Nadon, but he will have to do). The alien from the CW Freeco(sic) Speeder set would work as well, and the Bothan wouldn't be a bad choice either. Hmm...what other alien creatures would go with the Cantina that are from other sets?
    legomatt
  • TwoRiderTwoRider Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2014
    So exactly how many minifigs are included in each of the new sets? The box art pics are too fuzzy for me to make out the names under the figs. Well - the pics are clear, but the names under the figs are not so clear.

I know the snowspeeder has Luke, Dak, and a snowtrooper.

The B Wing has Cracken and Nunb, but is the pilot actually named or simply listed as "B Wing Pilot?"

Vader's in the Star Destroyer, along with one (or two?) stormies, but who else?

The alien from the CW Freeco(sic) Speeder set would work as well, and the Bothan wouldn't be a bad choice either.

I don't think LEGO has yet made a Bothan.

Hmm...what other alien creatures would go with the Cantina that are from other sets?

This is a good resource for the characters were in the cantina scene.

There are several humans in spacesuits with large helmets, which shouldn't be too difficult to MOC. There is also BoShek, in a spacesuit without a helmet, for which the recent A-Wing pilot torso and legs might work (though I'm not sure about the head). There is a Jawa. There is another Rodian, for which you could use a Greedo head with different outfit. There are a couple Trandoshan, for which you could use a Bossk head. There is a Bith that is not part of the band. There are also several "grubby" humans that could be made from Obi-Wan torsos and random head and hair combos.
    TwoRider said:

The B Wing has Cracken and Nunb, but is the pilot actually named or simply listed as "B Wing Pilot?"

It's named "Gray Squadron [Something]", probably Gray Squadron Leader, which is what the figure is. Of course, Gray Squadron at Endor was Y-Wings, not B-Wings. Ten Numb should piloting the B-Wing, not Gray Leader as shown in the box art.
    TwoRider said:

Vader's in the Star Destroyer, along with one (or two?) stormies, but who else?

From left to right:
    Stormtrooper (x2)
    Imperial Officer
    Imperial Navy Trooper
    Imperial Crew
    Darth Vader
    Found this picture of the Sandcrawler at the Jedi Insider, it does not look like the old set, can someone verify if it is the old set.
    Jawa.jpg 132.3K
    TwoRider said:

I know the snowspeeder has Luke, Dak, and a snowtrooper.

I posted this a few posts up, but "That's definitely Cracken, who, along with Horton Salm, really enforces the 'random figures that make no sense' idea that LEGO seems to be all about these days (which I'm totally on board with, since there's no way I'd get those characters otherwise). I'm actually surprised that they didn't shoe-horn Han or Luke into the set somehow. I do find it mildly comical that Salm is piloting the B-Wing on the box art, though."

The helmet detailing is the only real way to identify Salm, but it's definitely him.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^^ That is not the old set. And it is highly unlikely it is the new one either.
    jediami65 said:

Found this picture of the Sandcrawler at the Jedi Insider, it does not look like the old set, can someone verify if it is the old set.

If that's what they want to sell me for $350, I'm all in, but that's almost certainly an MOC. It's extremely unlikely they'd do brick-built Banthas with all of the other SW creatures being unique molds.
    jediami65 said:

Yup, I remember seeing that pic quite some time ago, when browsing Google for sandcrawler MOCs, but if the official model looks anything like that I'm all for it!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    pretty sure it's the Cuusoo entry by MB Bricks that hit 10,000 way back when
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1786
    FollowsClosely
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,050
    edited February 2014
    That is a moc, the best one I have seen. I think it's marshal-banna's. If that was a set it would be over $1,000, the actual set will suck if that is what you are expecting.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    The picture posted above in this thread is definitely the Cuusoo one and not Marshal-banna's one. Marshal's one appears to be studs out on the side panels and the above picture is not.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,050
    edited February 2014
    The studs out is his early version. Work through the topic...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50572&st=150#entry1000773

It's done. The model is finished!

Facts:
    Minifigscale: 96 cm long, 100.5 cm long (lowered main ramp)
    Weight: approximability 20kg
    Part count: over 10’000
    Powerfunctions: 4 xl motors, 5 m motors, 4 receivers, 4 batterypacks, 22 Lego LED-lights

Powered radio-controlled Functions:
    - driving: forward reverse
    - stearing
    - main ramp: up and down
    - crane: up and down, in and out
    - conveyer band: forward and reverse

Other features:
    fully interior on three floors in the front half of the model and a detailed cockpit (removable roof) second crane in the back of the workshop, lighted smelter.

Building and planning time: 9 month

Thanks to:
    - My girlfriend for her comprehension and lovely support.
    - CopMike from eurobricks.com, who donated some extremely rare reddish brown parts.
    - Derjoe for his inspiration at LEGO Fanwelt 2010.
    - The fantastic LEGO community on flickr and eurobricks

Credits to:
    - Baronsat for his fantastic Bantha design
    - dzine123 for his skeleton
    - Turtlebot by Legoloverman
    Johnnyfinlandianerick906
    Impressive...most impressive!!!

Cuusoo/TLG can do that, as well as the AT-AT, why not have a ultra exclusive limited series? The Ultimate Ultimate UCF!!! I would buy 2-3 of those it may take me a whole year to build but I'll be ready for a larger set like that 2 x a year.
    edited February 2014
    jediami65 said:

That looks like a massively detailed MOC - I doubt we can expect anything close to that detail at even half the size, from TLG under £400/$600, which would make it the most expensive SW set to date. I only hope that my anticipation for the new one isn't spoilt by the image of that masterpiece.
    Legoboy