Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] 79006 The Council of Elrond -$18.49 at Target

RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 365
edited February 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
#79006 for only $18.49 at Target- Free shipping and 5% discount with the Redcard. Shipping might kill it for you otherwise. MSRP is $29.99, but it has been selling in the mid 20's recently. This is the lowest I've seen it.
BuriedinBricksbluedragonklatu003Renny

Comments

• klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    Thank you @Ronyar
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 660
    It was that price on Amazon last night for a while, but it looks like it's gone. Might come back.

I really need to get around to getting a Redcard.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Excellent price. I bought three when it was on clearance at $19.99. It's one of those sets I think that requires more than one copy to try and create what was in the movie. Unfortunately I refuse to shop at Target anymore as I was a victim of their hack.
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    Renny said:

Excellent price. I bought three when it was on clearance at $19.99. It's one of those sets I think that requires more than one copy to try and create what was in the movie. Unfortunately I refuse to shop at Target anymore as I was a victim of their hack.

So was I, but now I just pay cash. Despite how horribly, unspeakably, eternal-Harvard-Biz-School-Case-Study-in-failure their handling of the hack has been, they still have great selection and sales of all kinds of products I need/want to buy, in a far more pleasant retail environment than WalMart, so... I'm stuck with them.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    LFT, I agree. We don't hear about most of the breaches. We have received new credit cards about four times this year, and it is a real pain changing all of the business and personal prepays we used the cc's for. I hate writing and sending checks, and we have had someone counterfeit our checks and go shopping sprees…

I noticed the Target sale today and almost went for a couple more Elronds as that is a lovely set. Already own two of them. Exercised some restraint and instead replaced my misplaced Canon 16MP point and shoot with a red one with wifi (A3500) for only 50us at Target. Best deal in the entire store if you ask me.

Target still has better service, selection, store layouts, markdowns and cleanliness than WM and TRU, so I will still shop there. And I hate to see their employees get laid off because sales are down. They had nothing to do with the data breach and badly need their jobs in this weak economy.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    edited February 2014
    @Legofantexas, I don't want to take this posting off topic (as the deal is pretty good) but for me personally I can only control what I know. I monitor my credit report regularly and always check my account transactions even more so. If someone got a hold of my credit card information directly because of a breach of security at Target then I adjust my purchasing habits. I might still go there if I have to but it will always be cash.

Similar thing happened to me with Xbox and Playstation. There was an EA hack and someone got a hold of my information and bought a bunch of games on Xbox Live. I wasn't responsible for it and luckily wasn't liable. Same with the PSN hack. Lesson learned, now I no longer have my credit card attached to a console and only use point cards purchased at stores.

If worst comes to worst and every store I ever buy from has a breach of security that I am informed about, as annoying as it would be, I would adjust and pay cash for everything (outside of bills). I applaud your method of card replacement but I personally feel that we shouldn't have to play '3 card monty' with our cards every other year to feel safe. These companies need to put in the time and money to make sure their confidential data stays confidential or they won't be around much longer.
    YellowcastleEKSam
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    @Renny, it is off topic for this thread but has some good info. The point card is a good tip. Thanks.

One thing I used to love with my Bank Of America MasterCard was the possibility to generate virtual CC numbers for online transaction, you could set the dollar limit, the expiration date and even delete it. That was a great feature (Unfortunately the organization for that CC moved to Barclay where that feature is not available).

I shopped at Target during the breach, I always paid with my Red Card, so any unauthorized use is limited, just more worried about the other data stolen...
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited February 2014
    I think Target has its wires crossed on this one, because it views this as a $24.99 msrp set, when it's really $29.99. Oh well.

As much as I'm a fan, LOTR is one of the "no, I'm not building/collecting/displaying the sets, but I'll get the minifigs" themes for me. You have to draw the line somewhere right? Personally, I use this set (two of them merged actually) to display the Fellowship. It's a lovely set really, both for the architecture and the colors. It's terribly worth it for this price.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    ^A lot of Target's MSRP for Lego is fairly off, both high and low.

In regards to this particular deal all my copies have been "delayed" will see if they actually ship.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I ordered some last night and they shipped this morning.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I was curious if since it was Thursday that they might drop it to 50% off...nope...still $18.18. They have over 20 of them so I only picked up two. I saw the big castle for $70 but passed but I couldnt resist another Daily Bugle for $35....love that set.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    ^Thanos are they that price in-store as well? I was assuming this was a price match of amazon but perhaps its the other way around.
    Yup...they are $18.18 in store.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    edited February 2014
    ^ Nope this is store only. It is 30% off RRP $25.99, their store system price is kind of different for this set.
    edited February 2014
    I didnt know they if were on sale at Target.com...I only saw them in store at that price.
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    Just got back from my local Target and they had the set with Spider-man, Venom and Fury for $9.98.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    if you like one ... you should grab it :) i don't think there are many of those around at least in stores. it was 30% off last week in target near me for 13.98$. i passed on it then.. :) it wasn't there any more..
    plantman said:

Just got back from my local Target and they had the set with Spider-man, Venom and Fury for $9.98.

• CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    #79006 is back on Amazon at the $18.49 price but there are < 15 left. Get em while you can.
    lordzarak
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Gone
  • nynohosnynohos Member Posts: 24
    Hillside Target are selling them for $12.98 if anyone is interested. only 2-3 left on shelf tho.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    Also found them for $12.98 at a store where target.com is showing them "In Stock".
    Also saw #75005 at $40.98 (I think) and many clearance tag on empty shelves, so not sure what was there.
  • nynohosnynohos Member Posts: 24
    i notice there wasn't any / many lego castle sets in the lego clerance sections from the few targets i visited. Maybe it was castle sets at clearance?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    All of the stores in my region appear to be out of the set. My two copies ordered online arrived today. They were in an appropriately sized box and were in perfect condition.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    nynohos said:

i notice there wasn't any / many lego castle sets in the lego clerance sections from the few targets i visited. Maybe it was castle sets at clearance?

In Central VA Target stores, the only Castle set I have seen at clearance is #70404, the castle itself. All of the other Castle sets are still regular price.