[US] 2013 Year End Clearance

Comments

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Only clearance items I haven't had any luck finding are the Logging Helicopter. I have only seen one.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,874
    At 50% off, I would have to load up on the train. I think it is pretty much a lock to do at least adequate at that price. RRP within a year as long as it is gone from everywhere else. I picked up a few Titan's at 50% just because it is a decent set. I haven't seen a single Colby City or Stagecoach. I have picked up most of the Silver Mine's that I've found at $35, again because I think it is a decent set especially at that price. I've been much less enthused about buying any of this clearance though. 30% off on most of the stuff isn't that tempting though I've picked up one of a couple sets just to hang onto for me.
    I don't buy for resell. I do pick up extra sets for trading but as a whole the majority of what I buy gets added to the pile for my "future" city and mocs. I certainly have enough sets and access to sets that I'm sure I could make some money. To tell the truth if shipping wasn't such a pain I would think about flipping some sets.
    Yellowcastle
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited February 2014
    @Thanos75 - I've often wondered if you resell. You seem to have unlimited access to a lot of really great deals. Not trying to bring up reselling in a market thread, but you could probably go a long way in funding your hobby and shipping really isn't as much of a pain to deal with as one might think when getting started. I don't consider myself a reseller by any stretch of the imagination, but I quick flip good finds whenever the opportunity arises to help buy down the sets I really want.
    I actually tried reselling when I first came out of my dark ages. I ended up with over 80 battle packs that I picked up for $5 each. I put them on eBay for $12 and sold all of them to one guy from Japan. I thought there is no way this could be that easy. I put some bigger sets on and that's when I underestimated shipping and packing and realized reselling wasn't for me. There are a couple of members on here that have seen my pile...its actually starting to get out of control.
    On topic .....I saw a bunch of sets at Target marked 30% off...castle,lotr,super hero....I wonder if they will be marked down again Thursday or if the 30% is the ceiling.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    For her birthday today my wife asked if we could play hookey from work and "go Lego hunting.". We hit all the WMs, targets, and meijers in central MI and the pickings were very slim. I did pass on a 35% off X-wing so a grateful mom could grab it for her elated son. Ended up finding the best deals at my local "magic" WM. A treehouse and small cottage at 30% off, and a couple of the princess sets for $7 (she likes them for the horse and the minifig.)

The silver lining is that she was speechless when I gave her the brick linked Cafe Corner I spent the last two months working on. That should keep her busy for awhile!
    GoldchainsYellowcastlekhmellymelbmwlegoDougoutFollowsCloselyBuriedinBricksKanohi
    edited February 2014
    My wife only barely tolerates my LEGO habit. I will never hear the words "lets to look for LEGO" much less "lets skip work" to do so :) I am however just happy she at least tolerates it.
    FollowsCloselymargotstarfailureRainstorm26
    I keep hoping to find the Daily Bugle set marked down just to get a copy for myself. I've missed it each time a store has marked it down. It is bound to happen again though I think:
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Not much in my area, but I was able to find a few of the $20 Chima, Ninjago, and Superhero sets at Target for 30% off. Worked out well bc we are stocking up for a charity auction next month.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I just walked into Target to grab a few other things and checked out the Lego aisle and lots of new stuff on clearance. Starting off at 30% off. I was surprised because they usually don't lower stuff until Thursdays.

#75005 SW Rancor Pit
    #9493 SW X-Wing
    #75019 AT-TE
    #70501 Ninjago Warrior Bike
    #70502 Ninjago Coles Earth Driller
    #70504 Garmatron
    #76005 SH Spiderman Daily Bugle Showdown
    All Galaxy Squad sets
    All Hobbit sets that were left
    #70003 Chima Eris' Eagle Interceptor
    #70004 Wakz Pack Tracker
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^^ I grabbed daily bugle from Amazon today for $37.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,331
    Yeah, Amazon also had the Cargo train for 143 and change.. just could not pull the trigger.. The Bugle was a quick pick for me at that price but again just could not bring myself to buy. Right now I'm trying to save money and something is going to have to floor me to buy it.
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    Man I need to hunt down one of those Eradicator Mechs before they're gone. I went to one Walmart that had it 50% but they were gone. They had TONS of the Hive Crawlers.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited February 2014
    I too would love a mech for 50% off. Hit a southern Indiana Walmart today. They had a couple of the GS Titans for $49, and they had at least THIRTY of the "big bug/red eyes" sets for $35.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 266
    I was at a Meijer today and they have some new clearance. Three kingdom sets and the Daily Bugle set. I think they were 25% off.
    Found a further away WM that had volumes of Lego. Most everything there were 10-15 of each set but they still didn't discount the 4 SW Jabba's Palace or any of the older sets yet. I picked up:

4 Lone Ranger Silver Mines ($35) left 4
    2 Lone Ranger Constitution Train ($49)
    1 Galaxy Squad Galactic Titan ($49)
    2 Super Heroes Quinjet #6869 ($49) left 2
    Thanos75pharmjodFollowsClosely
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    ^ Decorah? Manchester? Dont live in Iowa anymore (so dont worry!) but went to school at Luther.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,948
    I did grab Laketown Chase for 30% off and my daughter bought the Mirkwood Elves for 30%. She liked that there was at least one female face, and there were two sets of elf hair she could use for female elves.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    @ Target:
    Galactic Titan: $44.98
    X-wing: $29.98
    Rancor Pit: $29.98
    AT-TE: $44.98
    Eris's Interceptor(?): $13.98
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ Wish my target had those at that price. Have all of them in stock but not marked down that much.
    BTW, this is the first time i've ever found/purchased clearance Lego at my Target, with the exception of some very minor 30% deals in the past. So, I was either an early customer, or my store doesn't do discounts very regularly.

as a side note, all the major retailers in my area have extremely sparse Lego shelves right now. This includes Walmart, Target and Kmart. Target and Kmart's aisles are decimated, while Walmart just shrinks the Lego section according to need.
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    One local Target had marked up all the sets ridiculously before slapping the 50% on... worse than TRU even.... Rancor Pit 79.99 that sort of thing. I don't think I've ever seen target do that before. It's not fooling anybody, there are still stacks of TEs and Rancor Pits.
    My local walmart had no Star Wars sets last time I was in. Zero. That has to be a first also.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I had some good luck at a Kroger Marketplace, all %50 off or better (I think)

#4625 - Pink Brick Box $7.49
    #4626 - Farm Brick Box $5.25
    #75003 – SW A-Wing Starfighter $12.49
    #79016 –TLR Cavalry Builder Set $5.25
    #75001 – SW Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers $6.49
    #70701 – GS Swarm Interceptor $9.99
    #70700 – GS Space Swarmer $5.99
    #60018 – City Cement Mixer $9.99
    #60016 – City Tanker Truck $9.99
    #60001 – City Fire Chief Car $3

I think the best deal was the Farm Brick Box, a good price for basic bricks. Most of them I had to scan to see the sale price. All the sets that had clearance tags on the shelves had been wiped out.
    Thanos75Yellowcastlestarwarfan77
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    nice haul !!!

#4625 - Pink Brick Box $7.49
    #4626 - Farm Brick Box $5.25
    #75003 – SW A-Wing Starfighter $12.49
    #79016 –TLR Cavalry Builder Set $5.25
    #75001 – SW Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers $6.49
    #70701 – GS Swarm Interceptor $9.99
    #70700 – GS Space Swarmer $5.99
    #60018 – City Cement Mixer $9.99
    #60016 – City Tanker Truck $9.99
    #60001 – City Fire Chief Car $3

I think the best deal was the Farm Brick Box, a good price for basic bricks. Most of them I had to scan to see the sale price. All the sets that had clearance tags on the shelves had been wiped out.

I had one Target at 30% off Tues and my other one had 50% off yesterday. I was able to pick up SW AT-TE, Rancor Pit (still 4-5there) and 2013 Ninjago sets.
    Target in Leesburg, VA was already raided but did find 2 Hobbit Ambush sets and several of the Valentines section seaplane polybags for 50% Off. Only other thing they had was the Creamsicle Spaceship for $40 but passed. All Cargo City, Star Wars, Creator, Castle and Superheroes were full price. :o(
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515

Looks like Kroger did indeed have a 2nd wave of Clearance. High points were:
    #76007 Malibu Mansion - $10
    #75005 Rancor Pit - $15
    But both gone by the time I got there.

I did manage to find one
    #75004 Z-95 Headhunter - $25

Saw assorted GS at 50% off.
    starfailure
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Today I stared at 5x boxes of LR Silver Mine Shootout for $35. Couldn't pull the trigger. Don't know why.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    You are all giving me hope. The Targets in Miami haven't lowered the Rancor Pit below $41 yet. LR's Council of Elrond is holding steady at $18.18 ( #79006). The nice find was #30225 (Poly coast guard plane) at $1.77. Almost forgot about the post-Valentine's Day clearout :) Wish I had a Kroger nearby, though... Rancor Pit at $15 is a no brainer.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited February 2014
    Scored some 50% off sets at Target this morning:

#70709 Galactic Titan - $50
    #70003 Eagle Interceptor - $14 (actually 60% off)
    #79006 Council of Elrond - $13
    #79011 Dol Guldur Ambush - $10

Also saw Rancor Pit and AT-TE for 50% but passed on those. I have enough SW sets for now.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    My TG has #75019 at 30% off, except they had raised the original price to $109.99 (MSRP $89.99), making the sale price $74.88 (which is more than the $64.99 you can get at WM right now), sigh.
    goshe7
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    It's not worth a new thread, but TRU's latest sale has the MF for $100 each if you can find a store pickup and buy 2 of them. Not too bad for this set.

Also, Kmart appears to have 30% off clearance sets this week. A few I saw were LR Colby City ($31), Dragon Mountain ($31) and Gungan sub ($42).
    The LEGO store in Potomac Mills, VA had several discounted sets:

Sith Fury $72
    Jabba's Palace $95
    Jabba Skiff $20
    Tie Fighter $42
    Droid Escape $16
    Planet Sets $8
    #30243 Polybags $?
    #10502 Duplo Zoo Bus 50% Off

Also had the 3 new DC sets, 2 of 3 new Marvel sets and all the New Star Wars sets. For what it's worth, they were near bone dry on The LEGO Movie sets. No sign of the Sea Cow.

As a reminder, LBR will ship sets for you if you can't find them on [email protected] so there are opportunities when you miss out on the [email protected] sales.

Took the long way there and hit the only Target in the area that had the Galactic Titan in stock. My spirits jumped when I found a good, relatively unscathed copy. :o)
    They then fell when I realize this particular Target eschewed the 50% Off that the other local Targets were employing on this theme and instead only had it at 30%. :o(

Checked out another Target last night for Hobbit sets but the shelves were barren. On the way out of the store, I passed a guy whose cart was filled with duplicate Hobbit sets. :o(
    Did you ask him if you could buy one? Heck, you could have even told him who you were and he might have recognized the username :) If I ever have a full basket of clearance and someone asks me to buy one I feel bad if I don't let them get some sets.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Picked up some Laketowns and Council Elronds at target today 30% off. Also hit the KMarts had a lot of clearance at 30% of, picked up two weathertops. Someone had already gotten to the Castle set with the Dragon. Also at Target picked up some seaplane polys for $1.04. Not really a fan, but who can pass up a poly for $1?
    edited February 2014
    I made my round today aswell. All of the wal-marts in my area are resetting the LEGO isle. Most of the items that were on clearance are back to normal pricing. Only things still on sale are the sets that end in " $.00 " . That means that item no longer has shelf space . I still found plenty of LR sets including acouple trains.

One of the Targets by me had made the change from 30% off to 50% off. I was a little late to the party and besides some poly's didnt see much. The other Target has not made the jump yet and still has about 12 Council of Elronds and other assorted sets. looks like i will be going out early Thursday morning.
    I wish I could find some second-wave Hobbit sets on clearance. No luck here. Grabbed another Rancor today, though.. and some seaplanes. Someone else had cleared out the Weathertops from Kmart,... was one of the few sets desirable at only 30% off clearance. Still some Goblin Kings there for 30% off $90, but I have a few of those already.
    Weathertop is the set that just wont die. Two of the Walmarts by me still have bunches of them on the shelf marked at $40.
    @all - pm me if you're interested in a trade for one of your weathertops and/or lake towns. :o)
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    Man I've been to multiple walmarts and targets in the Tampa Bay area in the last few days and I have missed everything worthwhile.

I did see practically every new Star Wars set at a Walmart today. There are some cool new sets but I'm not touching retail. That one had a few gungan subs which would be so tempting if they weren't at that ridiculous MSRP.
    I really want #9525 . I am not a big Star Wars collector but there are still sets that I still think are sweet and just want to build. I was a big fan of the Clone Wars cartoon and the whole story line with the Mandalorians was awsome. I want that set and every store has a big stack of them but like most Walmart exclusives they never come off of the high MSRP.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ Not a huge deal but it was $39.99 at WM for a long time. I think my WMs had it yellow tagged at that price and may still have it. I parted out 4 of them a while back when they went to that price online but not at the store. Just ordered and picked up from in store stock. I've been waiting for it to go cheaper as well because it is one I still haven't added to my personal collection.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ & ^^ I remember seeing it at $35 during the WM clearance 6 months or 1 yr ago, but could not bring myself to pick up any :(.
    I do remember seeing them for $35....but that still seemed too high for that set. Wow...I really am getting spoiled by clearanced LEGO.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Yes, yes you are @Thanos75 lol
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    My Pick ups this weekend:

75017 was 30
    75016 was 21
    75002 was 13

76003 and 76007 were 30 each
    76009 was 11
    Quinjet was 49 and the smaller superman set was 9

Weathertop was 40
    Urak-kai was 21
    Attack of the Wargs was 35
    Mirkwood spiders was 21

Corby was 35
    Silver Mine was 35
    Commanche Camp was 11

Flatbed, Garbage Truck and Cement Mixer were all 11
    Grand Prix Truck was 21
    Fire Plane and heavy Duty helicopter were 35.

I passed on all the Chima, Ninjago and Alien bug sets, no desire for any. I just missed the Cargo Terminal plane and a Loki's cosmic Cube escape. Both went to kids. This was from a total of 5 local Wally's (struck out at one). Both targets had been cleared out, just missed on an AT-Te at target too, still had tags up but none around. 3 of the 4 Wal marts I found stuff in, all the lego's had been moved from the lego isle over to the clearance areas as they were doing the reset.
    BumblepantsSquareSide
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,782
    Glad to see things are looking up for you these days @pvancil27 Nice haul.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    Thanks. About half the stuff is going to a friend for cost/ship but I'm happy to be able to get back into it a little.
    margot
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    [Well, not sure Lego.com clearance is on-topic for this thread, but didn't want to dig up an older thread for this...]

#4429 Helicopter Rescue is 50% off and available to add to cart at [email protected] However, expected ship date is in March.
    sidersddpharmjodRussell844starwarfan77OdinduskFenrisAkashi