Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    I see it comes with a GameStop exclusive "Western Emmet" minifig too!
    sidersdd
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,192
    Neat.. Too bad it is gamestop. I refuse to buy from them as they do not honor their pre-order promotions
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    I have never had Gamestop not honor a pre-order promotion.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @Russell844 - A ton of us got burned on the LotR game promo. At least, those of us who ordered by mail (at least in the US). Those who picked up in store did not have the same experience.
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Are no UK retailers offering any minifigs? EB are in Australia, right?
    @Iccarus, gotcha. I do remember that now. I did my pre-order in store.

The guy in the store today said he thinks the bonus is a keychain. I hope he is wrong.

FYI they are also pre-ordering The Hobbit game. Due out 3/31. No idea about the bonus yet.
    I ordered online for pickup at a store for a PoTC game where you got Jack with the pre-order. When I went into to pick it up they said they 'ran out' of the figure. How you run out of a figure when you were only supposed to give one with a pre-ordered game copy is incredibly poor customer service IMO and not the first time I have gotten burned by this type of crap at a Gamestop with pre-order exclusives. Hence I do not buy from them any longer.
    MasterBeefy
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 244
    edited January 2014
    I would preorder it, as I liked playing Lego Indiana Jones and Star Wars. I do not have any of these new consoles, but I do have a PC. The only thing driving me to preorder it would be the figure, as the price will likely drop in a year or so. I was at my local Gamestop around the time the City game came out, I remember seeing quite a few of the Chase McCain minifigure behind the counter, but it wasn't a big deal to me, as I own neither a Wii U or 3DS, plus the figure came in the police Humvee set.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    They typically never send out enough preorder bonuses to cover all the preorders at any given store. I'm not a fan of GS, but I will preorder this for the minifigure. Just have to make sure I go early the day this comes out.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 244
    The figure only appears to come with the console versions of the game, which appear to be much more expensive than the PC version.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    PC games hardly ever come with figures/extras etc partly because they cant be traded in or sold like console games.

Games like Diablo III are exceptions.

Anyone know where i can purchase Lego Marvel with the figure for PS4?
  • Chesney107Chesney107 Member Posts: 9
    @SuperTramp - I got mine from amazon. There still selling them on ebay.co.uk at retail price aswell. Just type in lego iron patriot.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2014
    Although I will pre-order a copy to guarantee I get western emmet, I've had incredibly good luck just walking into gamestops around NYC and asking if they have any LEGO promo stuff laying around... unfortunately I also had to hear a few days ago that a store threw out a box of lex luthor & elrond polys a few months ago =-o The body/legs/hat seem standard on western emmet but I definitely need a few of the ponchos & heads =-)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    My gamestop uses left over promo stuff as give aways to employees at the end of the year.
    edited January 2014
    When I went to preorder my copy, the guy randomly gave me one of these from a drawer because I was asking about the game's promo.
    #4599520-1
    murphquake
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Anybody played this yet?

Just wondering how it compares to other Lego titles.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Picked up the vid from Game Stop today and got the Western Emmet promo. Found out that the store only got 3!!! Guess you guys weren't kidding about Game Stop running out of promos.
    My 8 year old is loving the game, but he likes all of the Lego video games so that probably isn't a very helpful review.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    ^ Same situation here...I was the only 1 to pre-order the game at one of my Gamestops...I mentioned as I was walking out the door that I'd have to hide the poly so the kids wouldn't fight over it....so he gave me a 2nd. This store had a bunch extra polys....gonna have to stop in next week and see if they wanna sell the rest.
    Your store had a bunch of extra polys? How is that the same situation as my store only having 3 polys?
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Posted my experience in another thread,

Went to pick up my preorder at Gamestop and no figure. They said they only got 5 for their 20 preorders. I refused and asked for my money back from the preorder. Should have learned my lesson and preordered online like I did with LOTR. Picking this up at Best Buy.
    When I picked up my game the second guy asked the first guy if he got the figure. The first guy said "yea and it's our last one". It actually had a tag taped to it with my name on it. They were holding for me.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I remember pre-ordering the DC Superheroes 2 with the Lex Luthor. No problems at all. Most of the Gamestops around me apparently received quite a few of them, because over the next year I went to various stores and asked if they had any left and invariably they would give me one. I wonder if this is contributing to them receiving less of the Western Emmett figs. If so, this will be a lot rarer than we want it to be.
    edited February 2014
    Is Gamestop the only place to get western Emmet?
    margot said:

Is Gamestop the only place to get western Emmet?

I believe so, at least in the US.

Posted my experience in another thread,

Went to pick up my preorder at Gamestop and no figure. They said they only got 5 for their 20 preorders. I refused and asked for my money back from the preorder. Should have learned my lesson and preordered online like I did with LOTR. Picking this up at Best Buy.

Even when Preordering Gamestop does this crap, that is why I no longer give them my business.

I wanted to get a LEGO movie game for XBox360 with the DJ but the game is apparently sold out 24 hours after they released it. At least is says temp sold out online and does not appear like you can check any stores. Though I checked one store and it did not have any games. The weather is so bad around the Chicago land area I did not bother to try to check other ones.
    Or is the game not officially released yet (Walmart says it was out on 2/7)

edited February 2014
    The game is out. I received one from Walmart yesterday and picked one up from Gamestop yesterday.
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    I pre-ordered from best buy to get the pj Emmet. When I went to pick it up I received no figure so I asked. "Never heard of that" was the answer. I said you have a sign up by the games showing the figure for preorder. "No idea what you're talking about" was the answer. Look - it's in the flyer - figure with preorder. "I've never seen that". Finally I just stated that I only ordered it from them for the figure, and I would only pay for it with the figure. "Ooooh - that figure. It's in the warehouse, I'll go get it". It took about 20 minutes from start to finish to pick up my game, and I left angry.

The game is a good time though - this is the first LEGO game where EVERYTHING in the game is a LEGO element - even light effects, smoke and water. It seemed shorter than some of the previous games, though. Also, the HUB world is disappointing after the layouts in the Marvel and Batman games. Running around a LEGO world with a laser gun as Benny is like a childhood dream come true.

But next time I will order from Gamestop - I have only had good experiences with them.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ My guess is that guy knew exactly what it was and probably what he could sell it for and was hoping you'd walk off without it and he could pocket it.
    I saw the Xbox 360 version of the game in store at Walmart today with the Robot DJ included. I also saw copies of the Marvel Superheroes game for Xbox 360 with Iron Patriot. Both games were $49.96 each.