Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Building Steps Technique?

Hi Again: My grandson is studying ancient Rome in school this semester and they have an assignment to build a model or "something" to display in the classroom...He would like to build a Lego model of the Roman Senate...(Nothing slow about my grandson!)...Anyway, I have included a picture of the building (actually one of the least complex in the Roman Forum),,,I get how to do the buildings and even the columns, but I cannot envision how to do the steps in the front of the building...Seems like it would take a huge amount of bricks and/or tiles to build them...Are there any techniques or shortcuts that anyone could suggest? Thanks for the assistance...

Steve

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,388
    I have built a similar building - I used rows of long LBG plates (2x12-2x16) offset by one stud sideways. If you want them smooth, then you'll need to tile them. Although 1xX LBG tiles are expensive compared to other colours.

If you ever want black steps with a low gradient, then the CMF plates are very useful.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    I have been saving up a collection of historic LEGO creations (mostly Greco-Roman that your grandson may find helpful). Some of the Roman cities and buildings other LEGO fans have created are especially nice and should give your grandson some ideas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/akunthita/galleries/72157629235613065/
  • LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
    I'm not sure I want my grandson to get quite those ideas! Your buildings are beautiful and beyond my imagination...I especially like the Colosseum and Roman Colchester...I might be back to ask you some questions if you don't mind...I don't envision anything on this scale (!), but even a part of one of the buildings would be more than enough for him...(Not sure the budget can handle too much of Ancient Rome!) Thanks so much...

Steve and Kevin