Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego City 2014

13»

Comments

• StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    I hear there's going to be an Arctic Bike Shop set.
    FrictionPinandhe
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 766
    ^ Does it sell Pizzas?
    graphite
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    So small fuzzy half train pics came out yesterday can't say I'm impressed based on these though far to small and incomplete to make a proper judgement. Passenger train seems to have a large moulded piece at the front and looks like a bullet train. Cargo train figures look to be getting new prints for 2014.
    edited January 2014
    So some small fuzzy train pics came out yesterday can't say I'm impressed based on these though far to small and incomplete to make a proper judgement. Passenger train seems to have a large moulded piece at the front and looks like a bullet train. Cargo train figures look to be getting new prints for 2014.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,543
    edited January 2014

So small fuzzy

So some small fuzzy

I spotted the difference first! ;o)

What's my prize?

(Just joking @bellybutton290) :oP
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,654
    edited January 2014
    Just saw the little half page shots someone posted... Not bad, nice to get a blue loco train (looks a bit like another loco like that in #7898), but hopefully not all of that is stickers (guessing it is though) same with the white bullet train, looks interesting. but not if it is higher than the 129.99.. Hoping the Cargo train is not 200 USD.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited January 2014
    ^ yeah - never sure how "preliminary" the images are, but the white passenger train also looks very similar to #7897 , so in some sense a bit disappointing if we are back to 2006 but with updates to the new PF tech. Need to see the freight cars to take a proper view.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    New trains & station look great.
    PoochyBumblepants
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    Even though the passenger train pretty much looks exactly like the last white one it does have some detail improvement. The train station looks pretty good for a city type rail station. Much better than #7937.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    why do these passenger trains never have doors? how do they expect people to get on and off?
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    ^ The train actually works, why the heck would they want to get off!? ;o)
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Promising that both trains come with straight track and not flex track.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,654
    edited January 2014
    Thanks @Basta.
    All sets look pretty good actually, except for the Cargo train. Loco is great as is spool car, gantry and the little office, but it seems like they kinda phoned in the design with the open cattle car (one cow?) and the .. whatever the octan tank car is IMO.
    The station harkens back to the #7824 to me, and the passenger train looks nice IMO. It is kinda block-y, which I associate with LEGO and seems to fit better together (and appears sturdier than) than the previous white Bullet train #7897 from the looks of things. Pleasantly surprised with the passenger train and a bit disappointed with the new Cargo train, especially if it is going to be 180-200 USD for it. Will I get it? Sure because I am a slave to LEGO trains, but will definitely be looking for it on sale.
    edited January 2014
    I love the train station especially the roof design and the inclusion of the shops and seemingly a waiting room, though I'm not a fan of the taxi in the set which is the same as other city cars where as the previous taxi had a slightly more unique appearance when compared to cars at the time, looks like a couple of new elements in there forming the roof and supports (maybe, I could be wrong). The yellow cargo train set is better than this new one not least in the area of the associated wagons which are far superior in the old set and the train itself is worse than the yellow one. The passenger train is much improved over the red one though the way station is even more pathetic than the last one. Hopefully my desire to see the end of flex track is becoming a reality as seemingly neither set has these included. I sincerly hope that the extra track packs in the future are just straight, just curved and a mixture set or even just the mixture set would be good. Flexi track is fine in very small amounts but not in the ratios we have seen previously.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,437
    Really digging the new station, I much prefer the majority of the bricks going toward building construction rather than stairs and bridges to cross the tracks. It looked like on the box art there is a tiny Lego sign on a yellow background inside the left of the structure? Maybe a gift shop or something inside?
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 954
    Let's face it, I will be buying these at some point! I have a #4556 station which I love, I like the look of this station too, a bit more going on than some other recent versions.
    Ok, just went to the lego store in Stratford London and been told both the track packs have gone eol, anyone else heard this? Could it be new packs (non Flexi track please tlg) are on the way!