Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Clearance Sale at TRU (YMMV)

YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
edited January 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
Online and in store. Here's the coupon for in store scanning.

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/DS012114A_TRU_BRU_Clearance_Offers.pdf

There wasn't much from which to choose, but I grabbed #9678 Bespin Planet and #9674 Naboo Planet for about $6 each and the Hobbit Game #3920 Hobbit Game for 60% Off.

The only other possibilities I found were #9486 Cars Oil Rig for 30% Off and #8639 Cars Big Bentley for 50% Off.

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,815
    In store on Saturday I managed to get #7065 Alien Mothership for $27.98 by using the coupon.
    Yellowcastle
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    Has anyone else noticed (maybe it's just my TRU) but the Lego Movie minifigures are now priced at $3.99each!
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    scotty12 said:

Has anyone else noticed (maybe it's just my TRU) but the Lego Movie minifigures are now priced at $3.99each!

I noticed that the other day, too. I think they'd bumped up the price in the week between my last visit. Series 11 CMFs were marked at 3.19, too.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,324
    Wish I could find a #3677 for 99 dollars like it is marked on their site.
    red237
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    I didn't find any LEGO clearance except LEGO-themed Nintendo DS accessories. Left the coupon in the aisle, which I always seem to do whenever I print one and check the store.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138

Wish I could find a #3677 for 99 dollars like it is marked on their site.

didn't someone recently post that TRU would now price-match their site? (i could be wrong.)

• PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I believe they always had (or have been for a while), except that if you PM, all other offers/discounts are out of the window.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    edited January 2014
    ^^ They will and I just got them price matched tonight with Walmart 89.00 for #9474 and the funny thing is I just googled the item on my cell. The first one on chrome popped up with a local Walmart sales ad for it so the customer service took it without question asked. I did add my reward gift certificates earned during the Christmas haul so overall it was a decent price.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 779
    ^^^
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before.

I will never look at Toys R Us the same way again due to their price-match 'guarantee.'
    If you recall back when Target had the Galaxy Squad set #70705 for 50% off, I couldn't find the set in my area, and I didn't want to pay for shipping, so I took my chances with Toys R Us, and found myself very surprised at the outcome.

I'm not one to give TRU my money, but I'm glad that I have this benefit when I can't find discounted sets anywhere else.