Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ramses Pyramid now $9.99 at Target, other LEGO Games at 50% off.

bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 819
edited October 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just came across Ramses Pyramid for $9.99 at Target, marked down from $29.99. Great game to buy because of the tan 32x32 baseplate which is $5 right there and then there are still another 200 parts or so for the other $5 the game will set you back. Well worth it in my opinion just for the baseplate alone.

Also found LEGO Champion for $17.48, Go Bananas for $5.00 and Ramses Return for $7.48, all at 50% off at Target. Gotta love Tarjay!

Comments

• giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Oh, I've been looking for that tan base. I don' remember seeing games at my local Target, though. We only have one short aisle of LEGOs.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 714
    Don't look in the LEGO section.... look in the games section. ;o)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    Thanks bmwlego!

The discount price was not listed on the shelves at my neighborhood Target store in Miami, but when I carried the Ramses Pyramid to the electronic price check, sure enough, $9.99! In fact, the only game (from your list) actually marked with the discount price was "Go Bananas." I picked up three of the Ramses Pyramids. Just jump started my holiday shopping :)
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,359
    edited October 2011
    From a purely historical perspective... I guess TLG ignored the fact that they used a Egypt New Kingdom 19th dynasty Pharoah name (Ramses) on a 3rd/4th/5th dynasty structure... the pyramid age was a thousand years before there was a Ramses!! ;-)

But then again... I guess the names of the great pyramid building Pharoah's like Khufu, Khafre, Menkaure, Senefru or Djoser just don't roll off the lips of children like "Ramses" does....
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    @ Legogeek. Ooh. Thanks.

@ istokg. Hah. That's a good one. But then again, they've got loads of dinosaurs and humans coming soon. Who's to say this Ramses didn't own a time machine that violated 20th century physics? You know, the one that took him to an alternate LEGO universe? :P. (Yes, I know. Entire cadres of schoolchildren will have to be reschooled in quantum physics.)
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 362
    Thanks for posting this deal! I picked up 3 copies of the Ramses game for parts. According to Bricklink, the only other set to use the tan 32x32 baseplate in the last 10 years or so was the Emporium. Now, if only THAT set was two-thirds of MSRP...
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Thanks for the heads up! I visited three targets; the clearance prices were as you posted, although, as krklint posted, most were not tagged. Because of this, the shelves were pretty full... 'were' being the operative word because I've since cleaned them out.

• bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 819
    Glad others have been able to score these sets on the cheap! This is why the Brickset community rocks! Ive been able to pick up Ramses Pyraid for some members of the LUG I belong to as well.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    My Target was out of Go Bananas, but I swung by Walmart and they had it for $5.00 as well.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    My Target was out of Go Bananas, but I swung by Walmart and they had it for $5.00 as well.
    Whoops, Banana Balance, not Go Bananas. :p
  • sramsram Member Posts: 60
    Thanks a snagged a few of the discounted games too.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    My local Target only had the Ramses Pyramid - none of the other games that were on the shelf were discounted. I suspect there may be someone cherry-picking that store... They never seem to have any really good clearance deals.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,128
    @ bmwlego - Cheers!!

Picked up a dozen of the Pyramid games along with one of each of the other discount games. Nice parts pack for the money on the Pyramid game.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 819
    I agree-the tan baseplate alone is about $5 but isn't sold separately so this is a great deal to say the least!
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 362
    One of the Targets I went to still had the Champion game at $34.99, but at least had 3 of the Ramses Return and 4 of the Ramses game. Great for parts and plates!
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    I just found some of these locally (MN) the LEGO Champions games was $17something with a clearance ticket but the other games were listed as "Price Cuts' and thus NOT stickered with a reduced price.

I had found 2260 Ice Dragon Attack with a Price Cut shelf tag yesterday for $15 even.

I don't ever recall seeing Target do what looks to be clearance with the shelf tags before, in the past they've just stickered them.... This does leave the door open to raising the prices again if they move enough sets though, that rarely happens with stickered items.
    I got a few of Rames Pyramid, a Rames Attack and 2 Go Bananas.
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 96
    Just came across Ramses Pyramid for $9.99 at Target,
    Thanks! I picked up 2 copies from my local Target for $9.99 each and no tax. Great find.

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    Anyone who's currently got/getting any stuff to send over to me, I wouldn't say no to a couple of these also.

Cheers
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    @bri4jenn - no tax? Where are you?
    Here in Delaware we have no sales tax.
    My wife was planning a trip to the Target at the Christiana Mall while I was at work, so I asked her to check if they had Ramses Pyramid. Every other time I have been to that Target, there have been absolutely no LEGO sets on clearance, but yesterday she got me two of the Ramses Pyramid at $9.99! :) I must remember to send her more often...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    picked up 6 of the pyramids. at $9.50 each, after target card 5% discount, these things are a steal for the parts inside. could have grabbed a dozen more easily, seems to be no shortage.

Also grabbed a few of the banana game
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Stopped by Target today and looked at the selection. Despite my value-hunter nature, I did not pick up any of the Ramses Pyramid because I just didn't like it. Didn't see much appealing about the pieces displayed on the box. It was close though, just didn't pull the trigger.

Instead I grabbed the last remaining Monkey Banana for $5 and one of the Heroica: Fortaan sets for $15 (-$10 instant savings and -$5 mobile coupon). Seemed like a solid deal.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    LEGO.com has these games at the "new prices" as well.
    Ramses Pyramid - $9.99
    Ramses Return - $7.49
    Banana Balance - $4.99
    LEGO Champion - $19.99

It doesn't even note them as a markdown.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    @dougts which Portland Target did you clear out? I want to make sure I don't goto it :)
    i hit up both wilsonville and sherwood mid to late last week, but I didn't empty out either one - seemed to be plenty in stock
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    Wilsonville did not have any Ramses Pyramids early this morning.
    @dougts @dsdg88 I went to Sherwood around 4 today. I bought 3 Ramses Pyramid and 12 Ninja Gliders (they were only $1.99). There were about 4 Ramses Pyramid left.
    I can confirm the following prices at the LEGO store as well:
    Ramses' pyramid: $9.99
    Ramses' Return: $7.49
    Wilsonville store has them restocked. I verified this morning
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    I found LEGO champion fuher reduced at my local Target today, about 17 USD. This game is really not very good and is not selling well. But at 17 it's not bad for parts, especially if you are looking for microfigs and 2x4 bricks.