Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Strange Two-Face misprint...

Hello everyone!
So, while admiring my superhero figures yesterday, I noticed my Two-Face had a rather strange misprint, and was wondering if anyone else has this oddity and whether it might be worth something?
As you can see below, the 'normal' side of his face is printed in purple too, and not black like the bricklink catalog image. I got this set right when it came out so I'm surprised I only spotted it now!

Feel kinda sorry for the guy, both sides of his face are messed up. Maybe I should start calling him One-Face?

Cheers guys! :)

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    The black and purple are opposite of what they are supposed to be on the right side also...cool.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Cool fig!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,418
    @ironsights- That's neat.. I think One Face would be fitting ;o)

Any chance you want to sell it?
    LegoboyCapnRex101gmonkey76
  • IronsightsIronsights UKMember Posts: 36
    @margot - Oh yeah! I don't know how I didn't notice that! *doh*

How could the machines that print the parts get the colours the wrong way round? I'd have thought the checking process would be pretty rigorous...

@samiam391 - Perhaps, to be honest I'm not sure right now! I'll let you know if I decide I want to! :)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,354
    @Ironsights - Do not settle for less than £1000, @samiam391 will pay it ;oP

No need to thank me for my help Sam :o)
    graphiterichoGothamConstructionCoyys4ugmonkey76
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    ^ nice work Capn.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    This thread prompted me to check my own Two-Face, and it appears that I have the same misprint....

The lighting in my photo isn't as good as @ironsights but it's definitely purple.
    edited January 2014
    @Steve_J_OM - Well its good to know I'm not the only one! Did you get the set right when it hit the shelves like me?

@CapnRex101 - Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! ;)
    @Ironsights, I think the set was out roughly a month when I got it!

Also, since you were here first I don't want to jump ahead of you, but I think I would be open to selling/trading mine.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2014
    I have just checked the Batman visual dictionary, and its like this in there! Perhaps the non purple print is the rarity... Either way I am guessing two variants based on batches?
    @Steve_J_OM - Hmm, maybe it was the first couple of batches that had this issue then? I'd expect LEGO would use sets from the first batches for their own purposes like the dictionary as @richo mentioned, which might explain why its in that too?
    It looks like the new magnet set has the correct print though, but perhaps it will be different in store?

And I'd be willing to part with mine as well if the offers are good!
    Huh, that's interesting regarding the dictionary. It'd be interesting to hear the spread of purple/non-purple among folk on the forum.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,312
    Also same thing was noted here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroen_k/6910107940/

There is another popular mistake for Two-Face ... (from 9.45 or so onwards) - although it's not lego related and there is bad language.

margot
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I thought this was what they were meant to look like... i'm going to have to check now... does anybody have an image the 'proper' one for comparison?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ...not needed. I just checked my guy and he has the 'correct' black printing for the eyes, mouth, brows.
    edited January 2014

@Ironsights - Do not settle for less than £1000, @samiam391 will pay it ;oP

No need to thank me for my help Sam :o)

What a lowball offer @CapnRex101, I thought better of you.

I wouldn't think of offering anything less of 2000... any takers?

CapnRex101gmonkey76
  • BarakasbricksBarakasbricks maryland usaMember Posts: 4
    samiam391 said:
    @Ironsights - Do not settle for less than £1000, @samiam391 will pay it ;oP No need to thank me for my help Sam :o)
    What a lowball offer @CapnRex101, I thought better of you. I wouldn't think of offering anything less of 2000... any takers?
    I know this is like 8 years later, but I have one I'm willing to sell if you are interested
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 741
    samiam391 said:
    @Ironsights - Do not settle for less than £1000, @samiam391 will pay it ;oP No need to thank me for my help Sam :o)
    What a lowball offer @CapnRex101, I thought better of you. I wouldn't think of offering anything less of 2000... any takers?
    I know this is like 8 years later, but I have one I'm willing to sell if you are interested
    Don’t forget inflation after all these years @samiam391 must be an easy 3000 now 👍🏼
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76BrainsluggedMr_CrossKungFuKennyMynatt
    DeMontes said:
    samiam391 said:
    Don’t forget inflation after all these years @samiam391 must be an easy 3000 now 👍🏼
    Mine has a little scratch on it, so I'd sell it for a solid $700
    DeMontes said:
    samiam391 said:
    Why not double it and make it 6000?

No offense to your or your item @Barakasbricks but I think misprints are one of the most pointless items that go up for sale. It's a factory, mistakes happen all the time. There are a litany of heads, torsos, and legs that have minor defects that should make them go in a bin rather than be worth hundreds of dollars. I have less than zero interest in collecting them. 

But so as not to be completely useless there are a few collectors on instagram that have a fancy for them; each with 'misprint' conveniently located in their handle. May be worth giving them a try to see if you can sucker them into buying trash. Sorry, getting opinionated again...
    560Heliport
    samiam391 said:
    DeMontes said:
    samiam391 said:
    Why not double it and make it 6000?

No offense to your or your item @Barakasbricks but I think misprints are one of the most pointless items that go up for sale. It's a factory, mistakes happen all the time. There are a litany of heads, torsos, and legs that have minor defects that should make them go in a bin rather than be worth hundreds of dollars. I have less than zero interest in collecting them. 

But so as not to be completely useless there are a few collectors on instagram that have a fancy for them; each with 'misprint' conveniently located in their handle. May be worth giving them a try to see if you can sucker them into buying trash. Sorry, getting opinionated again...
    I already tried Instagram and nobody was interested, I might just list it on eBay for a good price and call it a day

This one is very common too. Probably 1 in 6 or 8 of the figures I've seen have had the purple print. I doubt many people notice it is wrong.

Although at least this one is interesting in the sense of right print but wrong colour. Unlike some of the badly aligned prints that just look a mess.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 741
    CCC said:
    This one is very common too. Probably 1 in 6 or 8 of the figures I've seen have had the purple print. I doubt many people notice it is wrong.

Although at least this one is interesting in the sense of right print but wrong colour. Unlike some of the badly aligned prints that just look a mess.
    There was one I really liked that was sold on eBay…it was a Princess Leia face and the red lips had a mistake that looked like she had been putting her lipstick on in the passenger seat of the car when the driver had hit the brakes 😂 I didn’t win it sadly but I’d have made a moc to capture it 😬
    Mr_Cross560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennypxchrisgmonkey76ReesesPieces
    DeMontes said:
    CCC said:

There was one I really liked that was sold on eBay…it was a Princess Leia face and the red lips had a mistake that looked like she had been putting her lipstick on in the passenger seat of the car when the driver had hit the brakes 😂 I didn’t win it sadly but I’d have made a moc to capture it 😬
    Since you seem to like misprints, how much do you think I should sell it online for?
    Yeah, sometimes errors can enhance a piece. But then there is also stuff like this...

Available 100s at a time from faulty part sellers on BL.

Or the runover hedgehogs...

Mynatt
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,043
    I think the "teddy bear" bunny (I think it was) misprint from one of the CMF series (possibly the girl in PJs?) is one of the funniest ones I've seen.

The teddy bear bunny was printed on the wrong side, so the bulge that was intended for its tail looked to be its dingus.
    Shibgmonkey76ReesesPieces
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,481
    CCC said:

I like the one on the right, looks like it’s turning to the camera to say something sarcastic or bitchy!
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,060
    edited January 13
    I'm gutted I just missed out on this one. The entire box was printed upside down. The winner of that bid will be sitting on a goldmine.

AstrobricksCymbelinepxchrisgmonkey76Mynatt