Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] BN 15% off coupon

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited January 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
Not much but it's something.
Poochy

Comments

• legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Thanks, a lot more Lego exclusions than there used to be listed. I wonder if the system enforces them? I have actually seen a death star at a Barnes and Noble??? 15% + 10% Member discount on the other themes is certainly something!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Is this the first time a B&N coupon called out the discount blacklist so explicitly and completely?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    no, last time it had the same exclusions plus more.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    @legogregors, it is 15% of the 10%, so not really 25% but 23.5.

You may also want to check your spam, I got a 20% coupon also expiring 1/20. Looks like it is 20% for members and 15% for non members.
    Wow, that is strange, I didn't get the 20% off coupon, just checked. Can you share it?
    I received it at 12:08 AM MST.
    15% says: may only be redeemed once per customer.
    20% says: may only be redeemed once per Member.

bn20.JPG 116.4K
    Poochymargot
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    I just looked at my 20% off coupon...it has different code, letters under the bar code. Not sure if this is normal or if it is actually redeemed one per member.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    I got mine this morning. I think this one is unique and once per use for members.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    Yes...it is. I stopped by my B & N and that's what the manager told me also. He said "they've" switched to individual coupons because so many people were using it multiple times. Hopefully it's not permanent
    Oh, I'd better get out there quick and use up @ColoradoBricks' coupon. :-)
  • iamFLIPiamFLIP Member Posts: 18
    Didn't get mine. :-( Anybody not planning to use their coupon?

^I'm thinking you can use those coupons posted. It says once per customer (or per member)
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Thanks! I used the 15% one and it worked with the 10% member discount. For some reason I don't receive their emails and have given them my new one about once a year for the past ten years. Ugh.
    juggles7
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    edited January 2014
    Since when did BN get a marketplace? I'm having the hardest time seeing what just BN sells.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited January 2014
    ^I have the same problem. If anyone knows of a way to view only Barnes and Noble items, that would be really helpful.

However, one thing I like about their website is that you can check nearby stores for many older sets that have been retired for quite some time (not that they're ever available near me).

Example: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-lego-star-wars/18950119?ean=673419129053
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    I haven't been able to filter on BN products either.

In the search results, if you see 'BN.com' next to the price then they have in their system. Otherwise if you see 'From $xx.xx' it seems to be from the Marketplace

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/lego-architecture?store=allproducts&keyword=lego+architecture
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    ^This may be partially correct, depending on what you consider "their system". As in the example I provided above, some sets may be available in store only and not online. In this instance, you will see 'From $xx.xx', even though you can still buy the item in some stores.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ I'll take any other website for $500, Alex.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    Looks like BN programs their POS register to block exclusion now. It blocks R2D2 for sure.
    Used the 20% off and membership discount on the Eiffel Tower today.
  • AsterickedAstericked Member Posts: 36
    If anyone has an unused Coupon they could PM me with, I'd highly appreciate it. For some reason, I haven't gotten B&N emails in quite some time.
    @Astericked, just print out the coupon from above. Use the 20% one...
  • AsterickedAstericked Member Posts: 36
    @margot -- I tried using it on my lunch break just now, and they said the coupon had been used January 18th, and wouldn't let me get the discount. :(
    Oh no! I really did use @ColoradoBricks coupon then. Did anyone else use it?
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Yep. All B&N coupons are now one use only. What I don't get is why some people receive 20% off and others only 15%. I am a paid member so I would think I would receive the best coupons.
    Well @legogal said she used the 15% off coupon and I did too yesterday. So I'm not totally convinced. Once per account I would understand.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^^ I'm a paid member and I have not yet received a single coupon from B&N :(.
    juggles7
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,928
    Paying members always get coupons that are 5% more. If you are not receiving any coupons my first assumption would be that they do not have your email or they have it wrong.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    margot said:

Well @legogal said she used the 15% off coupon and I did too yesterday. So I'm not totally convinced. Once per account I would understand.

I tried using the posted 20% off coupon yesterday and received the same response that it had been already used on the 18th. The clerk even asked if I had found it on a "coupon website". I then used the 15% off coupon that I had emailed to me personally and it worked. Their system is set up now to track the coupon codes.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    @tamamahm I've checked my bn.com account before and it does show my BN membership number, so I assumed that they have my correct email address. I just called, and apparently there is a separate BN membership account, which doesn't seem to have an email at all, so I got that added. Hopefully I will get something next month. Thanks!
    Yellowcastle
    Great! The extra 5% is not much but it helps. My account just expired at the beginning of January. I need to renew it.
    Another 15% off coupon in my email with the same lego exclusions on more expensive sets. Expires 2/2/14. I miss the 30% and 40% off coupons. I will not renew if this continues.
    If you are a member you should get the 20%... I received mine this morning.
    ^Got mine this time. @ColoradoBricks, let me know if you need an extra coupon. :-)
    I did not get the last 20% or this 20% coupon for members. I guess I should call to see why or maybe a well phrased email.
    If you are not getting the member discount ones, definitely check that they have your email correctly as a member. In addition, the 30-40 percent coupons are not an all the time thing. Like most stores the largest discount coupons are around the holidays. Much of the rest of the year are these.
    Everything looks correct in my account settings but I had the account and then added the membership this Fall. I emailed them but my store has a particularly poor selection so there are limited benefits.
    ^Did you see what Poochy wrote above? Give them a call. I need to do the same because I have never gotten any credit for my kid's club which shows up in my membership when I look it up.
    I emailed about the coupons and had to do the same last month for the kid's club. Nothing was showing up and now the $5 have started coming one per month until I am caught up(I think). I prefer not to call if possible. It is frustrating.
    edited January 2014
    While not calling is preferable, one year I had to call them at least 6 times to resolve the mess they made of my kid's club account. As it is, they messed it up so horribly, I can not login and find out how many 'points' I have towards the $5 kids club reward. My rewards are tracked, but they will not show on my account.
    What I have found with bn, is that their internal system is NOT straight forward, and as Poochy said, things looked like they were set up properly, but when he called he found otherwise. Try emailing them, if you would like to avoid calling.
    They have been extremely slow to respond, with kid's club it was around a week by email and over a day and nothing on the coupons. I wonder what they do with those membership fees???
    Yes, their ability to resolve issues is very slow. The reason I called 6 times, is because they never would contact me, after they said that I would hear a resolution within a week. I would have to call and explain the convoluted mess all over again.
    Check your mailbox for another round of 20% and 15% coupon this morning. Good til 2/17.
    Blast, I only got the 15% and still no response to my email so I will have to call.
    I got the 20% but not the 15%. Usually I get both.
    EKSam
    Stopped at my B&N this morning. I had seen RD-D2 before in store, but was surprised to see the death star (as you can see in the LEGO architecture section)
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    ^ Yep, my store has them too. There is a reason they exclude specific sets on the coupon. :(
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    Just a heads up, just a received a 20% off email this morning. Lots of the new winter sets are showing available on the site.
    Is the 20% off a one time use again? I got the standard 15% but no 20%. I emailed them again but I will have to cancel if they can't get me this simple member benefit.