Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Found 8028 & 30051

TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
edited April 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
My local Wal Mart has a stash of these sets (polybags)...the TIE is showing from 2008 and the X-wing from 2010. Should I get excited and go buy a bunch more of them, or are these a re-release? Found them with the easter stuff...

-George

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure, but I would like to buy one of each from you if you happen to pick up some more
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    I would have liked to found those as well :-) Not that they are crazy rare, but anytime you can get a cool older set for msrp or lower its always a bonus.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 969
    The four Wal Mart stores I have visited over the past week had many of these set in the Easter section. The copyright symbol is 2011 for those sets.
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    I just looked at the 8028 package I picked up tonight, it indeed says 2011 copyright. Not sure why I didn't check that, but I guess that means it is a re-issue. For whatever its worth, they are really nice little sets for $4. My wife built up one of the x-wings earlier and we even got 5 extra parts out of the deal...
    Thanks everyone for the replies.
    @rocao- are you still wanting some of these sets or are you going to check your local Wal-Mart first? Holler if you need me to get some for you.
    -George
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,571
    As far as I'm aware, 30051 has not been available in the UK to date - I had to import mine from the U.S.. It might be worth your while to buy up a few of them therefore as there are probably folks in the U.K. and maybe elsewhere who'd like to trade with you for them or even buy a couple off you....
    To be honest, I don't keep close enough tabs on polybags. I feel kind of like a sucker since they're referred to as "impulse sets". I'll check my Walmart first, and I'll let you know if I come up empty-handed. Thanks!
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    No problem. I went back out and picked up enough to have some spares, and there were still plenty of them left on the shelf. They were in with the easter stuff towards the front of our store, none were in the Lego aisle.
    -George
    @TalasAntares: I stopped by my local Walmart last night and found both polybags. Since they put it in the seasonal/Easter aisle, I wonder if they'll discount it after Easter. I'm guessing not, but I'll hold out hope. Thanks for the heads up!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    edited April 2011
    There are a TON of both of these here in the St. Louis area. I've picked up about 10 of each. Would love to trade some with anyone in the UK or mainland Europe for 4899 or any other European exclusives. I also have a few extra "target Practice" polys to trade. Let me know if anyone is intersted!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ I'd be interested in Target Practice. I don't have a tractor though, as far as I know it wasn't available in the UK.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,571
    ^ I'd be interested in Target Practice. I don't have a tractor though, as far as I know it wasn't available in the UK.
    The tractor was given away during one of the Daily Mirror giveaways, if I remember rightly. It's certainly appeared in the UK at some point as I have a couple and certainly didn't import them.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ Spot on DrD, it certainly was. I only have 1, whereas I normally get multiples of those Daily Mirror giveaways, I can only assume I've already traded my others with one of my US contacts.