Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ewok village

BlaiseyBlaisey Member Posts: 17
My son and I have finished our Ewok village today. I odered a couple of bases with it so he could add more of his mini figures, just thought you might like to see. Cheers Blaise
legomattrancorbaitkhmellymelmargotrichoTheBigLegoskiRainstorm26murphquake

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    edited January 2014
    A UCS set that is actually played with! Now that's what I like to see.
    GothamConstructionCoBlaiseyCapnRex101legomatt
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Many would argue it is not a UCS set. But of course there is no official criteria of UCS, and LEGO themselves stopped using that term in their set names and on boxes after the 10179

I personally go by the "plaque" standard, which makes this a non-UCS, just a flagship playset
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Great set, but its not a UCS. There is no such thing as a SW UCS playset.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    It is a UCSP!

Ultimate Collectors Series Playset!
    SirKevbagsMatthew
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    I was speaking metaphorically. :-)

A lot of these big sets are display or resell only as far as I can see, so it's really nice to see one out and played with.
    Blaiseymargot
    Yes...

10030 remains one of my favorite sets, it is beautiful on display, but it is not a play set. In fact, it will fall apart if you touch it. :)

They tried to make 10221 a playset with the bridge, but that was just silly and I think a waste of bricks and space.
    ^ I think they weren't so much trying to make it a playset as trying to increase sales by including minifigures. as we all know, it's all about the minifigures these days. Your point stands of course
    You are correct of course, about the minifigs. But 5 minifigs in a $400 set doesn't really redress the sets overall issues. Had it been 20 minifigs with all the bounty hunters and some bridge officers and some OT stormtroopers then it would have been more interesting.

UCS Falcon had 5 minifigs, did it not? I don't think those made any difference either. :)

The truth is, SSD has not been a good seller, so ironically it might do ok in retirement, depending on how many people have noticed it hasn't sold well.
    Minifigs made sense in the Falcon because it was minifig scale. they made zero sense in the SSD. It is a display piece, not a playset. LEGO trying to make it more desirable by throwing in some exclusive minifigs was a blatant play to the fact that LEGO has become far too much about minifigs, at the expense of the building experience. Look at pretty much every set these days. Those of us who appreciate the models and the builds have been continually left behind as LEGO dumbs down every set they release in order to include more minifigures to cater to the majority that seem to care more and more about the fig, and so little about the system, the pieces, and the models. As a whole, the sets get worse every year of late while the minifigures get better. At some point I fully expect LEGO to just become the action figure company that it seems so many prefer them to be, and maybe throw in a couple of prefab pieces as the "building set"

/end rant
    LegoboyGothamConstructionCo
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Everything everyone has said is quite correct (probably), and i agree with the rant, but i think @richo was simply expressing his joy at seeing an expensive lego set in the hands of a child and being played with. (Lego primarily being a toy), and didn't mean for everyone to focus on his choice of terminology. Many of us (myself included) use terms such as UCS as shorthand for 'bl**dy big expensive licensed set that very few people would ever buy for anyone but an adult collector', rightly or wrongly.

But the whole UCS/Playset/etc terminology (correctly applied or not) is kinda missing the point and sorta detracting from the original post (of showing off a set-in-play).

Am i Right? or am i UCS?

:oP
    LegobutterflymargotSirKevbagssidersddTheBigLegoskiGothamConstructionCo
  • BlaiseyBlaisey Member Posts: 17
    Glad you liked the pics sorry if I caused and argument, its not what I intended to do. I love that my boy and my little girl play with our big sets there very careful but bits get broken, I tend to keep the bigger sets up on the higher shelves and get them down for a few days at a time. We've had the Death Star for 3 years played with tones he still has all the figures and the set is complete I repair it every 3-4 months with the instructions to keep on top of all the bits. Cheers Blaisey
    Rainstorm26GothamConstructionCo
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

You have nothing to apologise for, @Blaisey . I just tried to help refocus comments back to your photo a bit, as I thought the accidental derailing (also not your fault) occurred a bit quick and stole the thunder from your post.
    :o)
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 946
    And for UK members I've just noticed that the Ewok Village is now listed on the Smyths Toys website.... I'm now waiting eagerly for the next 20% off sale!!
    richoKingDave