Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    I´ve checked the CS-Page today (Germany) and the "buy a piece" option is gone, so that´s it with ordering bricks that are not available via PaB??? Well i guess BL-sellers will shout out a big "hooray" now!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    It went from the UK before Xmas, but I thought it was to do with CS being over-run. Let's see if it returns once they get back to work in earnest after the new year, or whether it has really gone.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,040
    edited January 2014
    ^Hope so... I'm building a #10179 at the moment, and if I have to bricklink the remaining parts my original costings for the project will be stuffed.
  • patrickbranspatrickbrans Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2014
    Diggydoes said:

I´ve checked the CS-Page today (Germany) and the "buy a piece" option is gone, so that´s it with ordering bricks that are not available via PaB??? Well i guess BL-sellers will shout out a big "hooray" now!

It has been gone for a while now.
    Was supposed to be back on the 24th of Decmeber but was updated with the following message:
    Our extended Bricks & Pieces parts catalog will be back on January 15th.
    So lets wait another 2 weeks...

Still disappointed that they removed the prices :(
    madforLEGO
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Thanks, i must have missed that message! I hope (no, i pray) it will be back later this month, and pleeeease with the prices!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    We in the US only see prices once the invoice is sent via email. At least that occurred in the last order I got right before they stopped the buy a piece until 'after Christmas', now mid Jan. The problem is that with a lot of people waiting to put in orders they will have another backlog once they start allowing this function again
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,022
    The price emails are now automatic. When I did one just before Xmas, it came back to me with prices within minutes.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Which begs the question 'What is the point of the emails at all then?' Why not do it all online (the lack of online payment is also a mystery).
    margot
    edited January 2014
    Who knows? Maybe the lack of pricing stops people ordering cheap parts, the extra step putting them off? Although it doesn't stop me, or probably most here.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    ^ Puts me off, to be honest. As such, I've never placed an order, though I've thought about it many times.

Lack of online payment moreso, though.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    edited January 2014
    So it's Jan. 15th, they took off the date about being back and it says "Go to the Pick a Brick website."
  • aid_77aid_77 NewburyMember Posts: 183
    real loss, the selection on PAB isn't the best and bricks and pieces was really useful if not always the esiest way to get odd parts
    More poor communication. Hopefully it will be back at some stage.

It is disappointing if it doesn't as they said it would be back.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,531
    Replacement parts **is** back, with prices.
    I've had a quick look at the parts for #10243, might have to place an order at lunch :-)
    I notice they have removed just about all of the minifig pieces from TLM sets. So it turns out they must be licensed.
    I also notice prices have gone up by about 10-12% compared to before Xmas.
    CCC said:

I also notice prices have gone up by about 10-12% compared to before Xmas.

I've just checked the prices against my last order from the beginning of Decemeber and apart from 1 piece they haven't changed. (when checking the Czech service)

I'm especially happy prices are back, cost optimization will now have another excellent source of price data :)

^ Yeah on further analysis, some have, some haven't.

Although some of the new heads have gone up to 50p +.
    If anyone wants the two name plates for the Eiffel Tower, then this is probably the time to buy them. They normally remove the written tiles from architecture sets.

They don't have Marina Bay Sands - I checked!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,846
    Prices going up? At least 1 person here will be pleased by that because we don't pay enough for Lego already.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    I'm sure I read somewhere that TLG consider The Lego Movie to be a 'licensed' range. This might be because there'll be a license with the film company, or it might just be because of some internal classification system, because they're sets based on a film.
    I believe the prices are now inclusive of VAT. Before when you confirmed an order, the VAT was added to the subtotal. Now under the subtotal VAT is included in brackets and just postage is added (still £2).
    ^ My calculation included VAT.

Things like Ninjago heads have become very expensive.
    ^ Of course you did, I'm terribly sorry to have implied you may have overlooked that.

I'm glad it's now VAT inclusive anyway, makes estimating orders much better without having to go through the entire process.
    ^ Yes, it makes it much easier. I just checked my lego.com account too, and if you use the same email address, the order appears in your list of regular orders. It is also itemised.

You still need to phone to confirm it and pay though.
    There are not prices on the US one it seems.
    Now that I got all excited and ordered some pieces, I found out that the contact center is closed. Let's hope it'll be open tomorrow.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ Did you just gather that from what it says on the Customer Service homepage? I've been finding that it's said that non-stop since before Christmas. Chances are they're actually open, at least for the UK anyway.

On another note, do you have to ring them via the number 0080053461111 now to pay for Bricks and Pieces orders? The number variant with "5555" (that used to be used for paying for orders placed through BnP) rather than "1111" hasn't worked for me since November. Silly question I know, but don't want to waste time ringing the wrong phone number!
    ^I actually called them but the system was saying they were closed for the day. Not sure about the UK but I called the number from the email (that's finally been updated to the local number) in CZ.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    So glad the "buy a piece" option is back today (in the US). Was scared I was going to have to go to bricklink. Way to hard to figure out how to navigate that site.

I've asked before if the piece pricing is the same between BAP and PAB and have been told yes by customer service. So why does it say it's cheaper-
    "Try Pick a Brick if you need lots of parts. It’s quick, it’s easy and often cheaper than Bricks & Pieces.
    But for more unusual pieces, go to Bricks & Pieces."

• TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Funny... the confirmation page I got when I ordered some Bricks and Pieces said I'd get an email "within a few minutes" - more than two hours later and still no email with details on how to pay. The order does appear on my LEGO.com account though (but with no order status listed). Should I be concerned about this? Do I have to wait for a confirmation email that might never come?

Sorry... haven't used the BnP service for a fair few months because of all the trouble they were having then, and I'm not sure how everything works now.
    edited January 2014
    I think it can take longer but it's been awhile since I did an order as well. I would just call with your order number, then you can pay if it's ready.
    The one thing I do remember is that some of my orders took 6 weeks to arrive, not fun waiting for... especially as there is no way to check on the status except by calling customer service.
    margot said:

... The one thing I do remember is that some of my orders took 6 weeks to arrive, not fun waiting for... especially as there is no way to check on the status except by calling customer service.

I think it comes from Europe.
    Yeah, but they advertise that you will get your parts in a few weeks.
    Pricing is not the same on pab and bnp. Sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822

Replacement parts **is** back, with prices.
    I've had a quick look at the parts for #10243, might have to place an order at lunch :-)

Where do you see prices? Do they only show up in certain countries? I've tried both the US and GB versions of the site and still don't see any pricing.
    They are on the UK version. Select UK where it asks for your age. Maybe you will also need to change your region first (top left).
    sorry, top right.
    CCC said:

I notice they have removed just about all of the minifig pieces from TLM sets. So it turns out they must be licensed.

Unless the TLM figures are all made in China. What what I understand most if not all things made in China (like CMF) are not available via Buy a Part.
    As for delays in getting the invoice I would not worry, my guess is that many people are putting orders in, that and the delay before Christmas tells me they are still having delays with the new system

CMF are not available since they are meant to be "blind".
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    I tried placing an order with BnP for their first time today, since it is now back up. I'm in the US. They said they would send me an email within minutes which would have a phone number to call to finalize the order (including, presumably, telling me the actual pricing, which I had to "buy" without knowing). Eight hours later, no such email has been received. I have checked my spam folder. Can someone who has done one of these orders PM me with whatever that phone number is? I spent an hour putting that order together and I'm going to be very irked if they failed to register it somehow. There is no confirmation number, no nothing on the transaction page, just "see the email." But there's no email to be seen. Thanks.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014
    ^ You are better off just calling them up and placing the order... I have also noticed a lot of parts on their "I need a part" section on their website had many parts listed "in stock" that have been discontinued and not been in stock for quite some time... When you call them up they will 100% verify if the parts that you need are in stock or not..

All you have to do is call up their regular service number and tell them you need to place a parts order... All you need is the element ID numbers...

1-800-835-4386
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    ^^ Did you check your VIP order status? It may not be there today (maybe tomorrow?), but I've had recent (12/2013) BnP orders show up there, with order numbers instead of receiving an email.. Even when I wasn't logged into my VIP account. They may match orders based on delivery address or email or ??? (More likely the first as I was having a bit of an issue and used some alternate emails to verify that it wasn't my email losing the messages.)

Have patience - my orders have all arrived, even if I had to "help" some along their way, and sometimes without the confirmation email at all.
    edited January 2014

I tried placing an order with BnP for their first time today, since it is now back up. I'm in the US. They said they would send me an email within minutes which would have a phone number to call to finalize the order (including, presumably, telling me the actual pricing, which I had to "buy" without knowing). Eight hours later, no such email has been received. I have checked my spam folder. Can someone who has done one of these orders PM me with whatever that phone number is? I spent an hour putting that order together and I'm going to be very irked if they failed to register it somehow. There is no confirmation number, no nothing on the transaction page, just "see the email." But there's no email to be seen. Thanks.

Had to wait a day.. be patient, they are not only dealing with you, but all orders for LEGO sets in additon to others also hitting the buy a part site now that is back up.
    It took about 12-24 hours to get my email confirmation.
    Calling CS to rattle off a ton of part numbers only will frustrate the reps and tick off all the other people trying to order parts or other LEGO product as wait times will only increase if everyone does this in this way.
    beemo
    They have removed a lot of stuff recently. I went to purchase some more torsos today, and it seems they have removed just about all of them, licensed or not.
    CCC said:

They have removed a lot of stuff recently. I went to purchase some more torsos today, and it seems they have removed just about all of them, licensed or not.

What you are saying it a bit interesting, just looking up 4207 and 4204 no torsos appear. That may be still another electronic gaff by their system though.
    I would say if placing an order to ask about the torsos when paying. My guess is the system does not show them but they are available.
    Now if they say 'we cannot sell torsos anymore' then that would be concerning.
    There is the odd one or two still online, but I'll ask when I phone to pay.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173

^ You are better off just calling them up and placing the order...

1-800-835-4386

Usually they want to limit 20 -25 parts quote, as I was told once, obviously trying to limit the call time. I did a few that way and was quite pleasant about their services.
    edited January 2014
    I phoned my order to pay. 2 parts were unavailable (despite still appearing as available on the website) and 2 parts were licensed (which they are, along with another 5 or 6 licensed parts which went through fine).

But the bad news for now - it seems no torsos, at least not the ones I asked for which were all unlicensed ones (from 2013 castle sets - the red dragon and blue crown ones).

I was also put through to an operator in the USA (phoning from the UK).