Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2013 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    Was wondering who my Secret Santa was @jadedanc. Thank you very much for my 2012 Holiday set and the Friends Oliva's Speedboat! A welcome addition and greatly appreciated, plus it was my only Lego under the tree this year.
    margotLegogeekLegoboyCapnRex101
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I am glad to reveal that I was Secret Santa to @iamterry - I'm glad your son seemed to enjoy my hastily crafted cardboard box I packed the mini Sopwith poly in more than the actual LEGO! :-)

Have a LEGO-ey new year!
    margotLegogeekiamterryCapnRex101
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I was @111ins' Secret Santa :-)
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Thanks to my secret Santa, I received a copy of #3874 Heroica Ilrion, which was just perfect as it was one of those sets that I forgot to pick up last year before being discontinued. :-)
    DanGP
  • jonnythunder3483jonnythunder3483 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks once again to my secret santa, I loved my MF polybag, Chima polybag, and Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas Battle Pack!
    I was secret santa for @legogeek.
    margotLegogeekEKSam
  • DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    margot said:

DanGP said:

I cracked and opened mine last night. Whoever it was that sent me "Heroica: Caverns of Nathuz" thank you. That was the last Heroica set I needed. I'm a very happy AFOL right about now.

@DanGP, So a little birdie told me you forgot you sent that to yourself (I would so do that..... :-)). So what did you really get?
    So my REAL Secret Santa put what I sent to shame in terms of effort. I received a naughty present and a good present. Obviously I've been extremely well behaved this year so I opened the good present which was an amazing boxed #6845 Cosmic Charger from 1986. That's officially the oldest Lego set I now own. It would have been remiss of me not to open the naughty present and that was some faux Lego. Genius. I'm going to have to up my game next year. So @margot do I have you to thank for this one?
    MorkMan
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,770
    Well since we are all spilling the secrets I guess I will too. I was the Secret Santa for @margot . And apologies for the direct shipping from [email protected] with no wrapping paper or anything. Hopefully didn't get too many Scrooge Points for that.
    margot
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @DanGP a sealed #6845!? Or opened and boxed?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    @DanGP I can't take credit for your awesome gift, I gifted @sandtherapy in the US.
    And @Bumblepants, I love my gifts, thank you. The hedgie is on my work suitcase and now it doesn't get mixed up with the thousand other identical looking bags at work! Plus Technic was exactly what I wanted!

Sealed. I can't actually bring myself to open it.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,817
    I was Secret Santa for @brclark82, but I have not seen him post to know if it was received.
    DanGP said:

Send it on to me then, I can do it! :-)
    DanGP said:

That is quite a dilemma....... Shame on you Secret Santa for tormenting someone!

kylejohnson11margotcarlq
    It's a burden I'm happily prepared to shoulder.
    DanGP said:

I'll come clean. You have probably worked it out but I was your Secret Santa. Did you attempt to build the fake brand? It was such good value. 700ish parts for less than a fiver ;-)

rancorbaitMinifigsMeMorkManDanGP
  • augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317

DanGP said:

I'll come clean. You have probably worked it out but I was your Secret Santa. Did you attempt to build the fake brand? It was such good value. 700ish parts for less than a fiver ;-)

There have been some really amazing presents given out, but that has to top the bill. Receiving a sealed classic space set would have blown me away.
    margotcarlqDanGPsidersddMinifigsMe
    Will the builder of @Carlq's awesome MOC not reveal her/himself? ;-)
    margotcarlq
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    I must confess that I was @flowerpotgirl's Secret Santa this time. Having seen the wonderfully thought-out gifts that others (especially me!) arranged, I wish I'd been more creative, but nevertheless I'm very glad she was pleased with the Friends Calendar I sent her (taken from her "want" list). I'll try to be more inventive next year!
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    Thank you again, (properly this time) @carlq. I have almost all of the other Friends set from 2013, and had wanted one of these so much. I already have the city one, but I need two, one is going to work. It was the perfect gift, and small enough to build at someone else's house on Christmas morning without too much disruption.
    carlq
    ^I knew it!!
    carlq
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,271
    @margot - What gave me away? :o)

so that means it was successful in my book :o)

Successful? That was a masterpiece!
    LegoMom1LegobutterflycarlqmargotkhmellymelhleonffulittletokiCapnRex101
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited January 2014

so that means it was successful in my book :o)

Successful? That was a masterpiece!
    @CapnRex101- I second what @rancorbait said, and I don't even care for the superhero's sets. (Ducks as she types that last bit). :)

carlq
    ^ When I see your username I still always have a mental image of your cat, looks even better with the Darth Vader costume, the dark lord of the cats! :-)
    littletoki
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Okay, wait.... is it Darth Cat, Cat Vader, or maybe Darth Teddy? I'm soooo confused.
    littletoki
    @littletoki, you must have a very mellow cat.
    littletoki
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    He is indeed super mellow and patient, @margot

I totally lucked out!!
    rancorbait
    Now if only you could get it to hold out it's paw...
    margot
    Black cats are great!
    littletokiLegobutterflyFrictionPin
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^ Very cute trio. :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700
    ^^ Isn't that that kid you saw in the shop clasping the LEGO Movie sets last week?
    margotLostInTranslationLegobutterfly
    ^ Small world isn't it? ;-)

:-P
    Legoboy
    Legoboy said:

^^ Isn't that that kid you saw in the shop clasping the LEGO Movie sets last week?

What can I say? I love that kid!!!
    LostInTranslationLegobutterflyLegoboySirKevbagscarlq
    @littletoki got any more cats? :-)
    And because this thread is dead anyway, I will add more kid plus cat cuteness. :-)
    SirKevbagsrancorbaitLegobutterflyFrictionPinlittletoki
    margot said:

And because this thread is dead anyway, I will add more kid plus cat cuteness. :-)

Awwwwwwwww...............

Now dress them as Star Wars characters! LOL ;-P
    Ha, we did have the Build a Bear Stars Wars outfits, fortunately for the cats we no longer have them. Or did you mean the kid...

LegogeekSirKevbagsFrictionPin
    I still want to see a stop motion build of the hideous set I sent to @DanGP 700 parts, one sheet of instructions printed both sides
    margot said:

Ha, we did have the Build a Bear Stars Wars outfits, fortunately for the cats we no longer have them. Or did you mean the kid...

Both. Together. Re enacting scenes from the original trilogy. :D

"You will get another cat" [slight wave of the hand]

margotLostInTranslation
    @Margot Naked kid with cat, awesome! :-P
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    margot said:

Awww that is SO cute!
    Your photo of your son and kitten reminds me of my little boy and his kitten who looks a lot like yours :-)
    He loves that cat to bits and the cat is crazy about him too, despite the fact we named him Sergeant Fuzzy Boots. Hehe.
    margot
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    ^and what's the cat's name?
    Sergeant Fuzzy Boots...lol! What do you call him him for short @Legobutterfly?

We have a cat named Tie Fighter. :-)
    rancorbait
    edited January 2014
    Tie fighter? nice!

@margot Do you have a fuzzy brown one called Chewie? :-)