Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] TRU - 79004 Hobbit Barrel Escape $25.50

Comments

• FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013
    Just got a cancellation on one of my orders of 4... Not sure if it was the first or second. Either way I would brace for wave of cancellations...
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I picked up my order at my local TRU today and they must have been prepared because they had no less the 30 sets in two different locations.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,118
    the 4 I ordered from TRU.com shipped. nothing yet on the 8 i got off of two ebay orders, but now im prepping for cancellations.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    I got shipment confirmation for my 4 from TRU and my 4 from ebay so I'm good.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    May be another shift in TRU policies, I went to pick up 2 #79004 that I had bought with store pick-up a few days ago, at $25.50. Just in case I brought an eBay receipt showing them at $19.25 and they did a price match on my 2s. I was impressed....
    lordzarakmargotCircleK
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950

^ No need to laugh, if you aren't a collector or reseller, for the vast majority of sets, 1 is plenty. Sometimes 2, for things like Joust or Horizon Express, because they were meant to be used in pairs, but most of the time, 1 is just fine.

So don't feel bad, just be happy you got 1 at a great price!

How is the joust meant to be used in a pair?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    ...Roll out the barrel...polka anyone?
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    *Crossing my fingers* I ordered from the first batch on ebay yesterday afternoon. Still haven't received anything more than the first confirmation e-mail.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    its not in toys r us site .. at least i can't find it listed.. so apparently they will be scouring every stores to sell it :P
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 500
    ^^^by combining two joust sets into one. See back of the box
    just got confirmation on the set of 4 placed on ebay at 6:30pm EDT yesterday. still awaiting word on the 4 placed at 2:12am EDT this morning
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Take a look at the back of the box, it shows what the set looks like when doubled up 2x.

Frankly, it doesn't look right to me without two of them because of that picture.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242

Back to back or in a ring arrangement, Lego advertises this on the Joust box.

• goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    xeeeej said:

It's on SD now. Wave goodbye...

That took much longer than I expected.

Take a look at the back of the box, it shows what the set looks like when doubled up 2x.

Frankly, it doesn't look right to me without two of them because of that picture.
    Next LEGO marketing strategy; boxes showing a fleet of vehicles. :)

^ well the new car carrier does conveniently come only half-filled with cars
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ That is what the "small car" polybag is for.
    goshe7 said:

That took much longer than I expected.

Way, way longer...

Given the purchase limits at eBay and the complete lack of purchase limits at toysrus.com, I think a huge number of these were purchased...

I only got 4 orders in on eBay (1 of which has been canceled now), but I got more than that in at the main .com web site and already have shipping confirmations for a few of those.

I suspect that they'll ship out the .com orders first, given the higher price point, and if any are left, they'll do the eBay orders last.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    My eBay order, from yesterday afternoon, has shipped .
    Maybe this is a big reseller sting ? Lol
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    My ebay order has shipped as well. Purchased last night around 7pm EST.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    Both of my orders, placed yesterday on eBay, have already been shipped with tracking indicating their departure from TRU's facility.
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    And the negative feedback is already starting to show up by those whose order was cancelled.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    My orders from TRU.com shipped within 12 hours of ordering. Super impressed. But those didn't have the $25 off $100. Still waiting for the ones on evilbay.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    goshe7 said:

Next LEGO marketing strategy; boxes showing a fleet of vehicles. :)

I don't have the box handy, so didn't see it on the back. Interesting though, because other than more building, the joust set itself is complete as is. Of course, the CC is fine as is, but that didn't stop Lego from showing how 6! of them would look on the back of the box.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Mine shipped but I only did one round. With all the sales over the last month or two I need to go into recovery mode until I get some things sold.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379

klatu003 said:

If everyone on this thread 'fesses up to how many they bought, we might have an estimate of the total sold. :-)

:) Last time I did that, I was attacked for being an evil reseller and ripping sets out of little Timmy's hands.

So, given that this deal has been live for 24 hours, can I safely post how many I bought without being called an evil reseller? ;)
    Is there anyone still around here who beats the Little Timmy drum any more? I thought we had weeded those suckers out so that the only folks left are those that would feel no remorse in running poor Timmy over with a shopping cart if it meant getting a good clearance deal.

• wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Timmy stomped on my foot today and boxed me out at TRU to get the last Disney Infinity Mickey Mouse that I was going to buy for my son for Christmas, I guess he gets even sometimes.
    kylejohnson11
    ^I'm tired of all the reselling talk in the shopping threads. It belongs in the reselling thread. You can go there and talk about the 200 Barrel Escapes you purchased.
    rancorbait

Is there anyone still around here who beats the Little Timmy drum any more? I thought we had weeded those suckers out so that the only folks left are those that would feel no remorse in running poor Timmy over with a shopping cart if it meant getting a good clearance deal.

Yeah, but we still have the suckers that won't back up the shopping cart full of their clearance LEGO just to run him over a second time.

Is there anyone still around here who beats the Little Timmy drum any more?

Oh... I was supposed to beat the "drum"?

Err, sorry Little Timmy, I thought I was supposed to "beat Little Timmy".

It isn't my fault, really, the forum made me do it! :)
    margot said:

^I'm tired of all the reselling talk in the shopping threads. It belongs in the reselling thread. You can go there and talk about the 200 Barrel Escapes you purchased.

How did you know that is how many I purchased? Are you looking at my e-mail again? I thought you said you'd stop! :)
    kylejohnson11thornie
    goshe7 said:

Yeah, but we still have the suckers that won't back up the shopping cart full of their clearance LEGO just to run him over a second time.

I'm from Texas, I drive a big 4x4 truck, I can run over Little Timmy, Sister Sally, and Mommy all at once in their little Smart Car, all without even getting out of 1st gear!
    kylejohnson11
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    edited December 2013
    margot said:

If Little Timmy comments offend you that much .......recommend professional help. J/K. Unless, you're feeling guilty? ;)

• 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    I got my 4 sets I ordered for store pickup. A store rep said they had an influx of folks earlier picking up their sets. Not a single set left on the shelves.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    margot said:

Yeah, just tell us about the good deals and updates. Otherwise keep quite :P

Or, if you have a good deal for me that's ok too.

Or, if you find a good stacking discount. But that's it!
    mdellemanLegoFanTexas
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    ^ haha

I'm sick of having to read about people complaining about reselling in every thread. Each to their own.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    edited December 2013
    Everyone is a reseller around here :) small or large. {anyone who has sold a set for whatever reason counts as a reseller}

Otherwise for little tiny 1 set purchase of toy I don't think any one would wait for a deal :D I don't see old granny running on for lego deals. And waiting by the side of computer screen. She was pushing cart worth of 400$ toys for gifts at toys r us..... And they won't be buying 4 or 8 of same sets common stop thrashing one selves lol
    kylejohnson11
    edited December 2013
    mdelleman said:

^ haha
    I'm sick of having to read about people complaining about reselling in every thread. Each to their own.

I didn't complain about reselling, I asked to keep the reselling talk in the reselling thread. Pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be, but I could be wrong.

@gmpirate, resellers aren't the only people who post about deals...
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 500
    Oh how the holiday spirit is alive with us all...
    @wrangler6915 did you get my last few pm's?
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    I was holding out for double points tomorrow.
    I don't think anyone was dying for this set until it hit 50%.
    Timmy & I won't shed too many tears on this one. ;)
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    Red Timmy standing by....
    kylejohnson11LegoFanTexas
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ lol
    Jonn420 said:

Red Timmy standing by....

Oh no, not THAT again...

Red Barrel Escape standing buy...
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    ^Standing bUy? ...

Red Coca Cola Subliminal Message standing by...
    Red Ryder standing by

BrickDancerwagnerml2MasterBeefy
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546

Well if anybody feels like being Santa, and firing a couple of Dwarfs across the pond? ...I've been a good boy this year. :oP

:o)

• coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    ^I thought that sport was banned, or does it still exist in Oz?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546

I believe it's acceptable between discrete friends in extreme circumstances... (just don't tell the elf).

---

(Don't know about Oz? I'm in UK).
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    I never got a ship confirmation from TRU or Ebay, but I got a UPS My Choice delivery notice. 4 of the ones I ordered from Ebay should be here today.