Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2013 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I saw Desolation of Smaug yesterday. :-)
    Waiting to open the Secret Santa gift will be easy. I waited 9 months to find out I was having a boy, I can wait a week or so to see what Lego I get! :-)
    carlqrancorbaitTheBrickLaddMinifigsMe
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @iamterry it's simple, listen to me! :-D
    The dark side is strong with you @Littletoki, resist! ;-)
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    Just wanted to drop by and say that I have received mine! Thank you :) I haven't opened it yet, that will wait until after exams on the 20th (but before Christmas as I can't bring it down to the boy's parent's - too much luggage already!). Will post pics when I do, I'm super excited!

And for those of you who haven't received yours yet, take heart - some of us are just timing it well :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    iamterry said:

Gah @rancorbait and @littletokki You're not making this easy for me! *Shakes the (still wrapped) present* Ah the lovely sound of lego!

There really is nothing like the sound of Lego in a wrapped box, is there?

• LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Ah, the sounds of LEGO... "Rattling box of LEGO blocks, calling out to you..." ~ "Precious wants out... Now!"
    margotlittletokiFowlerBricks
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    @iamterry My 12 year old daughter was with me when I got my secret santa package. After opening the shipping package I admired the beautiful foil wrapping paper and of course, gave it a shake. My daughter said "You're so ridiculous mom, you already know know it's Lego!"
    I guess it takes an AFOL to appreciate "the lovely sound of LEGO!"
    margotEKSamiamterry
    OK, OK, I give up! just open your damn presents! ;-)
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 162
    Hah, right I've decided.

I shall put the decision completely out of my hands and instead open mine as after I see that my santa recipient has opened theirs :)

sandtherapyjonnythunder3483carlq
    @sandtherapy Can I have your present?

Please? :-)

khmellymelFowlerBricks
    @rancorbait Awwwwwww.....No you can't have my present but wouldn't it be fun if we could get together, bring a wrapped LEGO gift and have a white elephant gift exchange?
    In its most basic form, the game is as follows: Each participant supplies one wrapped gift. The gifts are placed in a central location, and participants determine in what order they will take turns selecting them. The first person opens a wrapped gift and the turn ends. On subsequent turns, each person gets the choice of “stealing” any unwrapped item or choosing a wrapped one from the gift pile. When a player's gift is stolen, they must select a replacement gift from the pile of wrapped presents or steal one of the unwrapped gifts. The game is over when the last person has taken their turn.
    ^ I was kidding :-) sounds like an interesting game though.
    ;) I've played this game at parties with random stuff. It would be lots more fun with LEGO!

khmellymel
    It sure would!
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652

@iamterry My 12 year old daughter was with me when I got my secret santa package. After opening the shipping package I admired the beautiful foil wrapping paper and of course, gave it a shake. My daughter said "You're so ridiculous mom, you already know know it's Lego!"
    I guess it takes an AFOL to appreciate "the lovely sound of LEGO!"

Don't despair @sandtherapy. She's still young. One day she'll understand. :)
    sandtherapy
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 149

@rancorbait Awwwwwww.....No you can't have my present but wouldn't it be fun if we could get together, bring a wrapped LEGO gift and have a white elephant gift exchange?
    In its most basic form, the game is as follows: Each participant supplies one wrapped gift. The gifts are placed in a central location, and participants determine in what order they will take turns selecting them. The first person opens a wrapped gift and the turn ends. On subsequent turns, each person gets the choice of “stealing” any unwrapped item or choosing a wrapped one from the gift pile. When a player's gift is stolen, they must select a replacement gift from the pile of wrapped presents or steal one of the unwrapped gifts. The game is over when the last person has taken their turn.

Sounds like a game we play at Bricks By the Bay called Dirty Brickster.....where you yell out dirty brickster whenever anyone steals a gift. Lots of fun!

sandtherapy
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    My gift was delivered today, I have refrained from opening it so far...driven by the thought that it may be the only gift I have to open on Christmas morning. (My main Lego christmas presents are opened and built already), and Christmas would not be Christmas without something to build.
    margotcarlqLegoboyTheBrickLaddCapnRex101EKSam
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,300
    Got #70003 Eris' Eagle Interceptor, thanks Secret Santa! My son and I will both enjoy building this together immensely. Wasn't expecting anything nearly this big, what a treat!
    LegogeekTheBrickLaddCapnRex101rancorbaitEKSamcarlqSirKevbagsmargotFrictionPin
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Just been informed my Secret santa Parcel is at home... Now do I wait or open straight away! Hmmm?
    SirKevbags
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,285
    A quick reminder for UK participants that tomorrow (the 18th of December) is the last 2nd class posting day for delivery in time for Christmas :o)
    khmellymel
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    edited December 2013
    Received my package in the mail today, and couldn't help but open it.

Another year on the naughty list... *sigh.
    edited December 2013
    @samiam391, I don't see anything?
    (Figured out you got coal)
    margot said:

(Figured out you got coal)

Or worse, maybe he got... M*** B****!
    margot
    We got a few Kreo sets recently, because my son loves Star Trek. Those bricks are crap!

^ Worse than M*** B****?
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    ^^so if I understand correctly, Kreo is krap?
    I haven't had any M*** B***** so I don't know if Kreo is worse.
    ^ Both are crap then :-)
    The Secret Santa gift I sent was supposed to have been delivered last Friday. I sure hope it got there safely.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    Sent mine off today via first class post! Now to get through one last exam so I can open mine! :D
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Finally got of my slacker butt and shipped to my recipient today! Hope (s)he enjoys!
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Thank you @111ins for my Secret Santa gift! I'm going to wait and open it on Christmas day. Until then I will settle for shaking and listening to that wonderful sound. :D
    rancorbait
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 149
    Got mine on Monday. Thanks Jason!!!
    oansun
    @teamladd, that is a great gift!
    TheBrickLadd
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    margot said:

@teamladd, that is a great gift!

Haveng built it yet but will hopefully tomorrow. Then it will have to be dismantled as have no room to display lego in our house :(
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    jadedanc said:

Got my package today. Thank you to my Secret Santa in Kentucky!! I received a complete set of the SW Planet Series 4!!!! Thank you thank you!!!!

Complete sets are going for ~$80 on Amazon and eBay!

^ Lol
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Well, I didn't suggest flipping it, or that at that price it's too expensive to open ;)

Finally got of my slacker butt and shipped to my recipient today! Hope (s)he enjoys!

What did you get me? :-)

• RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    margot said:

Hmm. What's the LEGO equivalent of coal? A fine assortment of technic pins, 1x1 studs and cheese slopes leftover as spare parts from sets?
    margotcarlq
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,577

What's the LEGO equivalent of coal? A fine assortment of technic pins, 1x1 studs and cheese slopes leftover as spare parts from sets?

Guess what most of my BL purchases are ...

I use loads of those parts, nice and cheap too.
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323

margot said:

Hmm. What's the LEGO equivalent of coal? A fine assortment of technic pins, 1x1 studs and cheese slopes leftover as spare parts from sets?
    A brick separator?
  • Try001Try001 Member Posts: 83
    Package came today. This is what was inside.... Somebody has put so much effort into this:
    carlqEKSamSirKevbagsBrickDancerMorkManLegogeekLegobutterflyrocao