Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Diagon Alley - 10217 - $134.99 @ Amazon.com

LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas Member Posts: 8,404
edited October 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just thought I'd toss this out there, 10% off right now at Amazon, this set was already a good deal at $149 in my opinion, given the over 2,000 part count, now at $135, why the heck not?

Or does everyone else already own this too? :)

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    This reduction is to match the TRU current promotion where all Harry Potter sets are 10% Off except for Hogwarts Castle which is 25% Off. That being said, does 10% Off Diagon really call for its own thread?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas Member Posts: 8,404
    I was unaware of the TRU promotion, thanks...

As for the thread, I thought it was worth mentioning because while it is only 10%, for a $150 set, that is $15 saved on what is already considered a great set.

If you would rather I didn't start such threads, just let me know and I won't. :) (you're the boss after all!)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    Huw's the boss. :o) We just try to keep the ship on course when he's below deck.

But we are indeed trying to do something different here in maintaining a collecting ethos so you'll see us consistently discouraging MOC topics and the like. Sale and discount news are definitely a core aspect in collecting but IMHO, I don't think 10% is usually worth noting. Additionally and probably more importantly, Huw and DrD have already created an amazing Amazon Watch on Brickset that captures any and all discounts and even posts articles on the best deals.

Lastly, it's important to minimize the clutter here so as to help members easily find the discussions that interest them and to keep those discussions centralized. So we try and encourage people to build on existing discussions whenever possible and discourage the stream of conscious topics (i.e. what should I buy, I can't find this set in my area, what is the worst way you broke a set, etc).

Guiding this ship is more art than science and this community mostly governs itself.