Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU Cyber Monday Sales/Deals

13»

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^You know what's really irritating me about the Man-Bat set is that the website says it's sold in stores.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    canon03 said:

So I get on the band-wagon and order 2x #6857 for store pickup yesterday. Received confirmation they were ready, but didn't look real close or print out the receipt until today when I noticed they cancelled one and confirmed one.

Thing is, they cancelled the $40 set and confirmed the $20 set. Thinking this is too good to be TRU, I go expecting a hassle. No hassle. Just picked it up and went on my way.

The kicker? There were at least 50x of that set on the shelves. Not bad to get 50% off. Makes me wonder if lighting could strike twice.

Very nice! I had mine cancelled (both) before driving further out. Good deal!
  • ObserverObserver Member Posts: 60
    Hopefully little Timmy can slip in an order for the funhouse too. It's an elusive one that I think appeals to more adult collectors than children. Not sure if I get the appeal.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    ^ It's an overrated set IMO. But I'm not into the Superhero genre. I bought one for my son last year and the parts have since been assimilated into his Lego collection.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited December 2013
    ^ & ^^ I love it although I think it will lose some of its appeal as the once exclusive figs show up in newer sets (Riddler for example). It's a really great one stop shop for a Batman set:

1.) Includes both Batman & Robin
    2.) The closest thing to a villains lair in any of the superhero sets.
    3.) Iconic villains, two of which are (were) exclusive.

If there is any set that comes straight out of the pages of a comic book or an episode of animated Batman it is that one. What's not to love?
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I love 6857 because of the neat play features and great selection of minfigs. It reminds me of the hilarious batman show with Mark West and Burt Ward. Could be the best playset they have made IMO. I just wish they included the batmobile from the TV show...that thing was so cool.
    madforLEGO
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    ^ You mean Adam West. I get what you're saying. It's a decent play set. But take away the minifigs and it's basically a miniaturized Imaginext play set.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    Observer said:

Hopefully little Timmy can slip in an order for the funhouse too. It's an elusive one that I think appeals to more adult collectors than children. Not sure if I get the appeal.

I did get 2 for the BOGO50%, but there were 3 more on the shelf (Elk Grove, CA) for little Timmy. I wasn't that greedy. ;)

I think it's the most fun & colorful set of the bunch, a lot of play and great minfigs. Value wise, I'm sure it'd be more desired only available from [email protected] & TRU.
  • spicemindspicemind Member Posts: 17
    adol7 said:

Observer said:

I did get 2 for the BOGO50%, but there were 3 more on the shelf (Elk Grove, CA) for little Timmy. I wasn't that greedy. ;)

I think it's the most fun & colorful set of the bunch, a lot of play and great minfigs. Value wise, I'm sure it'd be more desired only available from [email protected] & TRU.
    I agree about the "fun and colorful" part. That is what initially drew me to the set. I purchased some of these and selected "store pickup". When I got to the store, there were probably another 30 or so sets still on the shelf.
    I think this set will perform well (a relative term, certainly) but that is just a bonus. I think these sets will be great gifts for the nephews and nieces.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    Question about the 3-in-1 Super Pack(s):
    Do the three sets come in their original boxes (packed inside the bigger box?)
    Or are they all just bagged inside?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    FWIW the Barrel Escape LOTR Set #79004 can be had BOGO off of actual MSRP. Ends up being a decent sale on another TRU exclusive.
    BTHodgeman
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    @starfailure, usually the biggest set is not boxed, just bagged inside. The smaller sets are boxed.
    starfailure