Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Set Donations... Go On... Please...

2»

Comments

• carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    @Jenni, that's quite possible - either my usual group, or the one I'm currently in panto with - I'll ask around. :-)
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @carlq I knew you were the person to ask :)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    While trying to avoid this plot that is currently going on with pantomime costumes.....

We have an update. Following the amount of donations received and in transit there will be enough to support another place. The Keech Hospice in Luton has been selected and delivery will be taken care of by Julie Greig, the good lady wife of Bricksets own @bluemoose, Vice Chair of Brickish and a trustee of Fairy Bricks. Thanks Jules :-) http://www.keech.org.uk/hospice/childrens_hospice

If you want a shot at winning the £50 @minifigsme voucher I have to know about your donation by 11pm on Friday 22nd. It doesn't need to be received by then, I just need to be aware of it.
    edited November 2013
    Ladies and Gentlemen there are some prize winners to announce........

Winner of the £50 voucher to be spent on Christmas things at @minifigsme is @mr_benn . Congratulations! Can you pm your email address or contact Caroline directly to get your order in sharpish please.

Another winner because I'm fond of a mystery prize and that is going to @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz . She can reveal what the prize is when it's received.

Thanks everyone for your donations. You can still send stuff but of course there isn't anything else to win. Time for me to get all the sets booked in and work on this Fairy costume!
    MinifigsMe
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @SirKevbags, Thank you. I appreciate the offer, but I've not yet made a donation and as such I declare myself ineligible. Please choose another recipient.
    Pending orders/donations/deliveries make a person eligible :-)
    Pending? And then if I change my mind (I wouldn't) how would that be fair to those who followed through and completed their donations?
    Donation complete! Thanks for the kick in the backside!
    We have just gone over 20,000 on part count :-)
    StormKittysidersddcarlqcaperberryMinifigsMeBasta
    Sweet!
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    I didn't receive the notification I'd won so thank you @SirKevbags for dropping me a PM!
    MinifigsMe
    For non Facebook people, the LEGO you have sent is being well protected........
    cheshirecatLostInTranslationTheOneVeyronianJosephMinifigsMecarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    ^ Ha ha, love it! We need to put that cat in a fairy's assistant costume! ;-)
    MinifigsMe
    What an absolutely beautiful cat!
    MinifigsMe
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Thank you :) As you can see she started on the top of the box and gradually sank in over the week. There's amazon boxes all over my house now. She's in heaven!
    First the good news. Following the collection of sets from the Brickish Association Christmas party and Northern Brickworks AGM the targets have been reached to provide both places with some lovely sets. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. The Sheffield handover should happen next Thursday with Luton to be confirmed shortly.

Now the bad news. I'm sorry to report that the Hairy Fairy will not be able to make an appearance at Sheffield :( This wasn't a decision taken by myself and is completely out of our hands. However with some public non hospital based events coming soon in the New Year there should be less restrictions so I'll make it up to everyone then hopefully.
    carlqkhmellymelMinifigsMe
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    A win-win for the kids then!
    Wonderful news!
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

There's amazon boxes all over my house now. She's in heaven!

Not quite, if you're buried in Lego boxes you're in heaven ;-)

but if you find yourself in a pile of M*** B***** boxes... well, I think you can be pretty sure that you are in hell ;-)
    Boxes are being stickered up! Deliveries soon :-)

cheshirecatcarlqBastaDanGPbluedragon
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ Very nice.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited December 2013
    Noooo!!! Think of the poor boxes.

Just kidding, Nice work Kev.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    It was a real privilege to go along to day and deliver the sets. Thanks so much to everyone who donated. **hugs**
    SirKevbagscheshirecatJennikhmellymelEKSam
    edited December 2013
    Following on from what Caroline has said, if you would like to be involved with a delivery local to you, please get in touch. The big raffle will be returning in 2014, we hit 12 hospitals on the back of that this year. Maybe we can get more next time? It really is an experience more people should share.

Two people in the US, one in Spain, Holland and Australia have already been identified. To go all price is right on you, other countries come on down. I can't promise a donation can be made to every place suggested but if I know you're interested and want to be involved it's a starting point.
    35 Sets packed and ready to be dispatched down south :-)

If you're a Bricksetter based in Northern Ireland could you please get in touch. I need you :-)
    margot
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,454
    Excellent news - a huge well done to all involved in organising this.
    We are heading to Northern Ireland!

Delighted to announce that Daisy Hill Hospital, part of the South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust in Newry, will be the next hospital to receive a donation.
    Bastaadiemc
    @SirKevBags It would seem the prize must be stuck in customs so if you want to reveal what it is I won't feel bad. Seems like three weeks should be enough time for it to arrive, but maybe Santa's gifts took priority ; )
    The final part of our pre Christmas donation drive. It couldn't be delivered pre Christmas because a hospital had not been contacted, but due to everyone's generosity at Brickset another place had to be found! Not quite everything but you get the idea :-)
    StormKittyadiemccarlqsidersddBumblepantsJenniLegoMom1
    Just had a picture arrive from Northern Ireland. This happened a few weeks back and pic delays are no problem, the sets being there is more important :-) Big thanks to Ronald for driving them up from Dublin.
    carlqsidersddEKSam
  • jcurrencejcurrence Member Posts: 8
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've got a question that you fine folks may be able to answer. I'm attending an event in a few weeks where they have asked participants to bring brand new Lego sets for donation to our local children's hospital. They made a point of mentioning that the sets did not have to be big, and that smaller sets could be constructed on hospital bed trays. I've gone through my secret stash and found a number of sets that I'm willing to part with, especially for a good cause. Several of them are small but more are what i would consider medium ($20-$50 retail). I don't have a direct contact at the hospital to ask, but don't want to bring something too big for donation. For those who have given in the past, what has your experience been with the size of sets that hospitals are looking for?
    SirKevbags
    I guess I'm qualified to answer this one ;-)

First up, good on you for making a donation. There isn't anything to big. The hospital will find a place for it. When buying we try and go for more value so Creator, City, Friends and pretty much anything non licensed. Don't be concerned about donating anything licensed though, it will be loved just as much.

Big things can be used in communal play rooms, smaller things built in bed and both used as gifts as deemed by the hospital staff.