Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Simpsons LEGO

Comments

• just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    edited November 2013
    What do you guys think of one of the final Homer figures, which is his work outfit version? From lego*dudes on eBay. ebay.com/itm/LEGO-THE-SIMPSONS-MINIFIGURE-HOMER-SIMPSON-POWER-PLANT-VERSION-UK-2014-/200996397517?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2ecc51a1cd

Adzbadboykez
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    ^ I quite like it, the short sleeves look a little strange but I could get used to them, and the head seems quite reasonable in size when placed on the correct torso to me.
  • Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117
    ^ Agreed. Sleeves do look a little odd, still unsure why Homer has his eyes half closed, never seems to generally, but I guess he is at work!
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247

^ Agreed. Sleeves do look a little odd, still unsure why Homer has his eyes half closed, never seems to generally, but I guess he is at work!

Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but... I believe his eyes are half closed as I strongly think this will be the version in the House set. This makes sense as the torso isn't his normal torso, and leaked figures are rarely ever CMFs, especially from lego*dudes. Now, this is awesome because it adds variation. I'm sure the CMF version will have full eyes and his regular torso. It just gives another reason to buy the big House set.

• truktruk Member Posts: 46
    Finally: short sleeves! Hopefully Bart comes in his normal t-shirt/shorts combo and we'll have some nice options for purist torsos that aren't either sweaters or sleeveless tops.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    I wasn't expecting a T-shirt!
    AHHH! :D
    edited December 2013
    Double post :(
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    This figure is absolutely fantastic, hopefully it shouldn't be long to see the rest of the Simpsons line, I bet the rest of the CMF' are fantastic, Im loving the short sleeve :-D
    Ojikjust2good
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 462
    The sleeves look weird, but I think that might be largely down to the angle of the arms in the shot. He might've also lost a bit too much weight, but proportionally speaking, I think they've got the blend of Lego and Simpsons bang on!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    It actually doesn't look too bad with the correct torso etc. Not sure about the stoner eyes though.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Surely its just the Mmmm Donuts look?
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ Exactly my thinking. Would have preferred just a 'normal' look though.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    I like it, think it will look better in the flesh, and I like that they will likely be doing different head variations and such, rather than only doing new torso printing.
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    The ridiculous head size, in addition to looking ridiculous, has the disastrous side effect of making Homer's torso look svelte. I can kind of understand Simpson fans who don't care about the LEGO aspect liking the molded heads as being truer to canon, but that same logic should lead you to despise these for de-beergutting Homer, since that is one of his most distinguishing features.
    There's just no way around it. These figures are a fiasco from every angle. I hope the sets themselves are good parts packs, otherwise this whole property will be a washout for AFOLs.
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    I have to throw in with those who like these figures. Calling them a fiasco seems a bit harsh... it would be pretty hard to capture the iconic look of a Simpson's character with a standard mini. Making the head bigger captures the look - and besides, they're cartoon characters. If Homer were made to human scale he would be a terrifying monstrosity - as seen in Tree-House of Horror were Homer came to our world - anyway. I looked up an anatomical drawing of Homer and his head is almost 1/3 his total height. Not to far off from the figure.
    epyon396just2goodandhe
  • jockosjunglejockosjungle Member Posts: 701
    I think they look great to be honest, big Simpsons fan! Not sure how they could have been done much better, they're not that legoey I admit, but someone showed their own MOC of a Simpsons family and Marge was a normal lego head with two blue cannon balls on her head.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ totally agree and my kids are going to love them. Fairly sure theyll think its better that they look like the characters than they have proper lego heads too. i think they might look even better in the flesh too, even the latest pictures above are taken from slightly above.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    We'll be buying them, for both kids and adults. So a winner from us too.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    I don't think they look too bad but frankly I'm more interested in the sets.

Ultimately it's the Simpson's house itself that will make or break the sale for me as I want it as a display piece. If it's great I may end up collecting all the minifigs to go with it, if it's crappy then I'll probably skip the whole line.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I like it! At the very least I'm sure I'll be collecting the minifigs.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Homer looks great in my opinion, even with the large head. Iron Man has an oversized helmet but I still like it.
    edited December 2013
    Here are some more of the more unusual head pieces.

Unfortunately, Marge's apron doesn't seem to join up quite right at the bottom of the torso.
    kez
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 585
    Awsome! I would like to see the back of Lisa's head at some pt. I wonder if they tried used the playmates line as a reference.
    I don't like how Marge is looking off to the side.

Nice other than that! :D
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    Homer looks like hes been smoking donuts
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,282

First picture of the house! (Though Kez made a separate thread)
    Legofanscott
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 347
    When will these be available?
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited January 2014
    Think itll take a while to get used to the squareish look but still looks fantastic!

Nice piece count too!

:)
    Whoa, opens up like the haunted house aswell!!!

:o
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,256
    Cannot wait to get the house and sell the figures to many that will only want the figures
    Simpsons car is priceless as well. I'm guessing Marge will be in many sets and hopefully is only looking to the side in this house set.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    I hate to see a 2000 piece set wasted on this theme :(
    FrictionPinLegobutterfly
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    ^ Although I don't think there's any shortage of them this year. :o)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Wow! I certainly did not expect such a set for this theme. Probably in the $180 CAD price range?
    Id buy that set anyday over a 2700 piece pirate ship made on acid :D
    just2goodJohnnyfinlandia
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    Love the house....figs and Simpsons in general...not so much. Even though I'm not a fan of the show, I just can't get over the head size. The eyes on the Homer head are the same size as the minfigure hands. {puts own hand over one eye} yeah, that's about right....pfft! :) I'm not really trying to bash it for those who like them it's just personally not my thing, I feel we loose a little bit of the Lego essence when we get non-standard head pieces (in general) especially balloon heads.
    His eyes are almost as big as his hands in "real life" too.

FrictionPin
    ^Can't argue with that.....DOH!!
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Whoo who!!!!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    Hmm, they still look a bit 'off' to me. But to be honest, it's probably the best they could do with the format.

At first I thought Maggie was holding an Uzi... But at closer inspection I think it's a drill. I like the plutonium rod on the drive as well.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Maggie holds and does so many inappropriate things, an Uzi wouldn't be that far off. :)

How that poor child is still alive is beyond me. :)
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Wow! That set has 2523 pieces, that is more, if I am not mistaken, then your average modular building has. If you are a Simpsons fan, that set should be a 'must have', I reckon. Although I'm not a Simpsons fan, I think this is a really good looking set, I hope for those who will buy this set that the interior is designed equally true to the cartoon as the exterior, the minifigs are also really good looking. Except I don't understand why TLG did not design Homer, similar to the Star Wars Gomorrean Guard, with a fat belly.

If only Lego were to release SouthPark Lego, I would be in heaven. The Simpsons were IMO a nice cartoon sitcom the first couple of seasons in the nineties, then I my interest in the series plummeted to zero, and I haven't watched it for over a decade. After a couple of years for me the story-lines got boring, the show ceased to be witty! It was so tame that it was just lame. I don't know what the show is like today, maybe I should check out a recent episode, I can't image it being that different from when I stopped watching it, but who knows. However apparently there are still people for whom this series is controversial, and causes outrage.

Religious nutters rallying for a Lego boycott, since according to some of the posters 'The Simpsons will undermine good family values, and morals', check this out:
    https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/No-LEGO-The-Simpsons/td-p/6990434
    Ha! LMAO
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    South Park will never happen. Way too inappropriate for a toy line that wants to remain family friendly.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 861
    ^^Hysterical. I remember when President George and Barbara Bush (for you young whippersnappers, that's the mom and dad of president G-Dubya) took on the Simpsons for undermining family values over 20 years ago. Right now it is one of the most tame sitcoms in general, much less most tame animated sitcoms.
    edited January 2014

Wow! I certainly did not expect such a set for this theme. Probably in the $180 CAD price range?

I'd agree, around $199. The two closest sets in terms of pieces and figs are #10228 and #10237. Not sure if I'd bite at that price level but I'm really liking the house, especially now that I've seen the photos of the back.

(edited) - looks like Huw posted this photo just now on the home page as well.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    @pharmjod
    I know that that is most unlikely ever to happen. But that does not mean I can't express how I would love for that wish to be true, even though the only way for that to happen most likely is to master the skills of a Lego mold maker, and design and produce them myself, which is just as unlikely ever to happen.

Wow! the interior is just stunning. Even though I am definitely not a Simpsons maniac, or even a casual fan (that would be absurd not having watched the series in over a decade) I cannot help but really really like this set. I am still probably not going to buy it. But if I had invested heavily in the Lego city theme, I definitely would. Just replace the Simpson minifigs, with 'true' Lego city minifigs, and you got yourself a fantastic looking house, which you can add to your Lego city.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    Agree. Very sturdy house with interiors... not on my radar to buy (trying to limit my exposure to licenses, I'm into too many already), but were I a town/city/modular builder this would certainly grab interest as a basis for creating a quality house.
    Though for me price would be a sticking point. It's gonna' be higher than i can go... and I feel there's a lot of other expensive sets coming this year that i'm going to be hoping to get.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    ^^^^I totally agree.^^^^ I have a feeling since this is a licensed set it's going to be $250-$299. It's hard for me to save up that much for a set, if at all. I would rather spend that on the Ewok Village. So...tempting...though...
    ^ And if it shocks everyone and comes out for $179? :)
    The Ewok Village is way overpriced given what is in it, but it is SW and it is selling.

Compare it to the new PR, 500 more parts, $90 fewer dollars.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    Trying to think of a shock (UK) price that would make me bite, made me realise I'm not much interested at all. (But I can see it's a good set all the same).