Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Modular set?

StormsworderStormsworder Member Posts: 107
edited April 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Does anyone know if another modular building is being planned for release this year? If so, does anyone have any details of it?

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,657
    I'm seeing rumours that it might be a Pet Shop, to appear later this year. There's been a lot of discussion about it on Eurobricks, though you'll have to have a dig there as I don't have the specific link. It appears to be more than just wild conjecture, although that's still a long way from the information being reliable !
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 259
    If you're not a member you can't search the EB forum apparently, but I found this topic about the 10218 Pet Shop: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53113
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    There's definitely a new modular house on the way; it won't have been listed in the retailer catalogues because it's a 'D2C' (direct-to-consumer) set, not a 'retail' set. LEGO haven't formally announced it, so anything else is just speculation at this point. I expect it'll be announced at a large AFOL event, sometime in the next month or so ...
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I've been hoping to see another modular building this year.
  • zumazuma Member Posts: 17
    In Brickset's own database is set 10218 pet shop, town modular. I would suspect this confirms that the next modular building will be a pet shop.
    I can't wait for this, and am already wonderi
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    It's name is '{pet shop}' in The Database; the squiggly brackets mean that the real name is unknown & that this is just a 'placeholder' name until the proper name is released. I wouldn't get too excited or read too much into it.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    It's mentioned at the link on this post too http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/1779/#Comment_1779
  • zumazuma Member Posts: 17
    @bluemoose Thank you for enlightening me, I will curb my excitement.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited April 2011
    Here's a picture of what it might look like
    I think it is the pet shop, and the town house is detachable and not on the picture.

Matthew

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ARr9jMsL5q4/TYRYaF1fd9I/AAAAAAAAAYc/G_ldD-2Tryg/s1600/3333803141_78488ff6be_b.jpg